• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rescinding

blackjappa

Reaction score
Hi again, thanks to all for your advice and please forgive me if I am asking silly questions. I posted a letter to rescind my Westgate purchase on the 7th of August. It was sent recorded delivery so should have been signed for when received. I live in the UK so I have been tracking it but it still has not been signed for so I am assuming they have not received it. Royal Mail will not consider it lost until next month and my 10 days rescind period has past and I am now panicking. Westgate give you a CD with information on it, mine was missing from my pack. They promised to post it but I have not received it so other than the address where I have sent the letter I do not know how to contact them. Does anyone have an e-mail address for them or any advice on how to proceed. Many thanks.
Jane

Reaction score
you may not get a signature!

we occasionally send letters & cheques from UK to the US.
Airmail letters seem to take 2-3 weeks to arrive at thier destination.
I always use the "international signed for" recorded delivery, but that won't get you a signature on arrival at a destination in the US.
All it does is provide tracking until the letter leaves the control of the UK post office. Once it enters the US postal system I don't think its tracked at all.

I use it just for my own peace of mind that my letter has got through the Manx and Uk postal systems safely!

If I'm sending something that I need to know has definitely arrived then I use a courier such as FedEX who provide a siganture on receipt. But this costs a lot more!

Letters and packages from the US always take at least 3 weeks to reach us.

nnot sure this is much hlep in yuor situation, but at least you've got proof of when you posted the letter, which should be all you need to recsind.

Cain_Dogg

Reaction score
I am about to recind my Wyndham purchase. The contract language states that notice to recind must be "post marked" within 10 days, so check the language again. As long as UK post stamps an official date the letter was sent, you might be alright. Hope this helps.