• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding Wyndham Timeshare

jenjen6684

Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare after attending a presentation over the weekend. It was 145,000 Club Wyndham Access points and 105,000 one time bonus points for about $17,000. I feel like it may still be something that I want to do but I am looking at resale instead. I wanted to get some opinions on if some of the things that I was told are untrue. I have already found out that some of it was lies because I was told that my points would rollover and have since learned that that isn't true. I was told that 145,000 points would get me about 10 days during peak season at most resorts. I was asked if we had any trips planned and told them that we planned to take a Disney trip in a couple years when our daughter was older and we wanted to stay for 10 days. I was told that Wyndham had resorts on site at Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom and that it would cost me about 105,000 points for a 10 day stay during peak season there so that is what they gave me in bonus points. Does all of that sound legitimate to those of you that are experienced with their point system? Anyway, I am sending my letter tomorrow. I appreciate the advice on this forum that helped me avoid a costly mistake. I will continue my research on what is best for my family.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Jennifer. Welcome to Tug. You have just saved yourself thousands of dollars. Yes, please rescind your purchase immediately. Be cautious to do it exactly as described in the paperwork they gave you, and send things Return Receipt Requested so you can prove it was delivered. There is nothing they sold you that can't be purchased again, after you've done your research. The resale market can get you the same thing for a fraction of what they charged. I think you'll find that if a timeshare salespersons lips are moving, they're lying. It's what they do.

I will let others with more experience with Club Wyndham Points give you the exact specifics, but in my experience, it sounds like the amount of Points you were sold would probably not get you a 10-day trip in peak season to a Disney resort.

Tug has a forum dedicated to Wyndham resorts. I think you'll get the best answers there: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/wyndham-vacation-resorts.47/

Dave

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can roll your points into a future year. Example since you would not be at a VIP level
2018 points could be deposited into your 2019 or 2020 use year for $39.00. You have to do that by March 31,2018

Sales was talking about Wyndham Bonet Creek Resort that they say is on Disney Property[not sure if that’s technically correct].
Prime time reservations take a minimum of 166,000 points for a week stay Bonet Creek. It is very close to Disney Springs. If you want to stay at a Disney Resort it would have to be an exchange through RCI and would incur additional fees. It would also be very difficult to get any prime weeks through RCI.

It doesn’t matter since you are rescinding. Did you buy 145,000 points for around $17,000.00. That sounds cheap and the 105,000 points for $17,000.00 is more likely. If you don’t mind sharing. What resort or location was the sales pitch at ?

CWA is easily found on the resale market. You can find them on eBay, here on TUG. You may even have people PM you here on TUG.
Take your time and look at eBay sold CWA contracts to get a feel of what you should pay on the resale market.

Congrats you just saved yourself over $15,000.00 by going resale

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sales weasel was lieing. It would take more points than you were sold to stay 10 nights at Bonnet Creek. Yes, points DO roll over, but not indefinitely, and not for free.

Follow the instructions in your packet, rescind, then come back and LEARN, so you can be an informed consumer. But first things first, rescind. And when the time comes, but resale. You can buy many multiples of the points you were offered for a small fraction of the price.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

jenjen6684

Reaction score
Did you buy 145,000 points for around $17,000.00. That sounds cheap and the 105,000 points for $17,000.00 is more likely. If you don’t mind sharing. What resort or location was the sales pitch at

Yes, I bought 145,000 for $17,000 and 105,000 bonus points. My family and I went to the Wilderness at the Smokies resort just outside of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I bought 145,000 for $17,000 and 105,000 bonus points. My family and I went to the Wilderness at the Smokies resort just outside of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.
Thanks. That’s the lowest I’ve heard of for a purchase from Wyndham for a smaller CWA contract. You usually get matching or more bonus points than you are buying. So that surprised me also. When you make your first purchase they usually give you enough bonus points to make you VIP for 2 years[400,000 points minimum to be VIP]

You are still doing the right thing in rescinding the purchase. You will save over $15,000.00 buying a resale contract. Resale CWA are treated the same as a purchase directly from Wyndham. You have to buy atleast 400,000 points directly from Wyndham to gain any extra benefits.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Animal Kingdom Resort is a TOTAL Disney Vacation Club resort. I own AKV points in my DVC membership. But I have also stayed there 5+ years ago on an RCI Exchange for 7 nights. RCI Exchanges are usually for 7 days, but some less or fewer days (if via RCI Points).

Keep reading ... DO NOT BUY anything until you really know WAY MORE about WHICH locations, systems WITH those locations and then actually costs to book & stay for a week (usual booking window length of stay ... with checkin days usually FRI & SAT with a few resorts also having SUN as a 3rd inbound day of the week). Disney is pretty blind about checkin day of week, but all points systems seem to USE more points for weekend days of the week and nearest days of weekend towards the weekend. And look for the costs to book a stay ... reserveration fees, cleaning fees, Guest certificate fees, utility addons (internet is ONE example; parking fees is another).

Learn MORE before buying ... is my advice.

jenjen6684

Reaction score
I rescinded the contract. The letter was mailed yesterday. I was reviewing my documents again and I did have the points mixed up. I purchased 105,000 points with 145,000 bonus points so I wanted to clarify that.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rescinded the contract. The letter was mailed yesterday. I was reviewing my documents again and I did have the points mixed up. I purchased 105,000 points with 145,000 bonus points so I wanted to clarify that.
Thanks! No biggie. Just curious. They usually would’ve given you 295,000 bonus points to make you temporary VIP Silver for 2 years.
Like dangle the carrot in front of you. They might of stop giving enough bonus points to become VIP because you might learn there isn’t much of a benefit to being VIP Silver. After 2 years of being temporary VIP Silver you will probably realize there’s no reason to buy from Wyndham to get to permanent VIP Silver.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Congratulations on finding TUG in time to rescind! Did you send your letter by certified mail so that you have a receipt from the post office showing that you rescinded within the time limit specified by law? The date you mailed the letter is the critical part of the rescission process not the date it is received.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
woo hoo!

welcome to TUG, you just saved 17k!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
woo hoo! indeed!

:D

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Did you buy 145,000 points for around $17,000.00. That sounds cheap and the 105,000 points for $17,000.00 is more likely.

Good catch

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3

TUG: Making the world a better place - one rescinded contract at a time.