• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rescinding pueblo bonito Monte Cristo Villa

stella24

Reaction score
Everything has been resolved, but I wanted to post my experience so that if the moment comes when you realized you've made a mistake you don't freak out. I signed my contract after 6 hours! of going over everything. I had a lot of questions because it sounded to good to be true. It was confusing to understand as well. LOTS of red flags. Anyway, I went to my hotel and started researching and knew I needed to undo this. I didn't sleep. I read the contract, googled everything I could, and looked for stories of success. There weren't many and all the ones i did find were old. the part that amazed me the most is how some of the stories are over a decade old and its all the same tricks! these offers aren't going anywhere.

I signed on a Wednesday and the next day i had to fly back home. 12 hours of my life so basically the whole day. Friday i typed up my rescission letter and headed to the post office to send it by registered mail. sent an email to the members services department and made many calls that day and Saturday. Monday i sent more registered mail and emails. by 5pm I had my cancelation email. always send everything in writing. even though i have my cancellation email, i want it on paper that i did it the way my contract stated. it was hidden and i had to work hard to get the info on the phone. most of the information that i needed was not in my paperwork, but thankfully it all worked out.

the lies: before signing I was told this is an investment, that you can rent it out for thousands! that you can stay anywhere in the world in this book he gave me for $300-$600 a week. they have discounts on planes, cruises, hotels, etc. i had 4 weeks of travel to use because he gave me extra days and extra points. i was told there were no maintenance fees unless i used it and a $1500 refurbishing fee every 5 years. thats it! easy peezy. i also got a $1500 credit on a cruise so basically its free. when i got home and started to really read the fine print, most of this was not the case. there were going to be fees all the time and they would increase 6% or whatever inflation is at the time. reading online i saw tons of complaints about how many members could not book anywhere, could only use a limited amount of points at a time, that non-members got rooms at pueblo bonito cheaper than us "owners" and we also have to eat the cost of listing the property (a set amount goes directly to pueblo bonito.) i was told i wouldnt get my account information for 4-5 days, which didnt bother me bc it was going to be the weekend, but thankfully i realized what a huge mistake i was making and rescinded immediately! ive read many dont realize their mistake until they cant book, the bills for maintenance start coming, or their account information never comes. does any of this sound familiar? great deal right? well... the lies didnt stop there. when i asked how do i cancel (before i signed, he said "you just put it in writing and thats it.")

after i sent my email of rescission, the sales person got back to me later that day. said i was going to lose out big and he was trying to help me not lose my money. guaranteed i could make my money back by renting it out to the tune of $14k at least a month from now. basically i would be using other peoples money to pay my debt. If i didnt go through with the deal, i was not going to get my down payment back because i signed a waiver. i told him i have 5 days due to mexico's law of rescission in article 56. i also told him he never told me about the 5 day rule and it was not in my contract. he said our contract was different, that i was going to be penalized and if i didnt let him help me and keep the timeshare that the collections department would be taking over. i only had 24hours to change my mind and after that he wouldnt be able to save me from losing all my money. he also said that they would come after me for payments if i didnt pay 50% of my balance off. that paying min 50% was the only way out of my contract. i read enough online that i knew none of this was true. Please, do not ever believe the lies or let them scare you into changing your mind. you can resign later, but u cant always rescind.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're glad you found TUG in time to rescind.

Your experience is nothing new to us here on TUG. We read of experiences like yours pretty much every week. Yes, the sales people are generally notorious for holding you there for hours until you bend and break. Yes, they are notorious for skewing facts and figures, omitting important numbers and facts, telling half-truths, and telling outright lies.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Welcome to TUG! Don't let this be a one-time thing. You can learn a lot about many things on this website. :)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I saw a Monte Cristo Villa on ebay with an asking price of $1.

Bill

stella24

Reaction score
I saw a Monte Cristo Villa on ebay with an asking price of $1.

Bill
what!? i can not believe that! i mean i can because ive read through alot of these posts.

it was comforting to know i wasnt the only person thats been duped. i always do research before i commit to something, especially anything involving finances. i couldnt believe i had done this.

i look forward to learning from all of you. i dont mind the idea of a timeshare. i just have to really learn what owning one really is all about. im sure there are perks. i want to travel more. my job is very stressful! i need a get away every now and again just like many others. renting it out for a profit would be nice too.

off topic, does anyone know how to edit the title of this thread? i realized i spelled Monte Cristo Villa wrong lol i tried googling right after i posted and the post was old and not helpful because what it said to do is not available... or at least i do not see it.

stella24

Reaction score
yes!! its
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're glad you found TUG in time to rescind.

Your experience is nothing new to us here on TUG. We read of experiences like yours pretty much every week. Yes, the sales people are generally notorious for holding you there for hours until you bend and break. Yes, they are notorious for skewing facts and figures, omitting important numbers and facts, telling half-truths, and telling outright lies.
mind blowing that this has been going on for over a decade! its the same story over and over. so many scams. then if you dont rescind because its not in the contract or you find out too late, the scams to get out of contract are endless as well.

i was grabbed at the airport like many others. all the excursions i was supposed to do i missed out on because i was dealing with this for so long. lost my only day of vacation because unfortunately i was sick the whole time. some stomach bug. i would visit again but walk right past the people that are there to "help" when in reality theyre all in cahoots with each other. taxi please then off to my resort. no thank you to presentations or free stuff.

oh, just remembered, the guy at the airport said they were going to show me the resort because it was new and they were offering discounts on future stays. total lie. i was tricked from the beginning and ended up there alone because my friend was still sick back where we were staying. its all so surreal.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
off topic, does anyone know how to edit the title of this thread? i realized i spelled Monte Cristo Villa wrong lol i tried googling right after i posted and the post was old and not helpful because what it said to do is not available... or at least i do not see it.
Not to worry. The spelling/grammar police are off cleaning up after Ian. Or something. Actually, you just have a few hours to edit a thread title after it's created. Your meaning was clear anyway. Thanks for your report and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
YAY!!!! @stella24, so glad to read you took the time to research and understand what you were sold wasn’t what you were getting! Well done!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad you found TUG in time to rescind! how much did you save?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stella great post hope it helps others. Please don’t feel foolish I’m an experience owner with a ton of timeshare and I still feel for the hype thinking that some organization has something new to offer. I‘ve had to rescind twice in Cabo Pueblo Bonito Sunset, Haciendas Encandata. Once in Puerto Adventuras that one wasn’t a rescindtion as much as a cancellation. Long story short I pushed so hard on that BS that the President and VP ended up going to prison in the USA. Both of these crooks were US citizens. I posted on Tug and squeaky wheel looking for other folks that had been hoodwinked. I got the FBI involved. I got my money refunded immediately on my credit card, but I didn’t care I kept pushing. Some people had invested up to 250,000 in this so called full time development/real estate bonds and were even working for the company. Many people did not get any money back as it had been too long and the purchase wasn’t on a credit card.

I haven’t had to write a rescission letter since 2015 in Cabo. The other mess was 2016 nothing since then I had to rescind.

I‘ve acquired more timeshare since then. Most were free or minimum of me paying transfer fees. Now I know all my programs inside out which means I only take exactly what I want.

If you want to own Timeshare do your research. You might consider renting a few times to see if the resort life is for you. All resort over 2 years old have someone who bought that wants out. For pennies on the dollar. To me it’s a fun game to see what I can find.
IMO you get the best bang for your buck by buying into a program that has access to multiple resorts within that program plus the option to use an exchange company.

MC2022

Reaction score
Everything has been resolved, but I wanted to post my experience so that if the moment comes when you realized you've made a mistake you don't freak out. I signed my contract after 6 hours! of going over everything. I had a lot of questions because it sounded to good to be true. It was confusing to understand as well. LOTS of red flags. Anyway, I went to my hotel and started researching and knew I needed to undo this. I didn't sleep. I read the contract, googled everything I could, and looked for stories of success. There weren't many and all the ones i did find were old. the part that amazed me the most is how some of the stories are over a decade old and its all the same tricks! these offers aren't going anywhere.

I signed on a Wednesday and the next day i had to fly back home. 12 hours of my life so basically the whole day. Friday i typed up my rescission letter and headed to the post office to send it by registered mail. sent an email to the members services department and made many calls that day and Saturday. Monday i sent more registered mail and emails. by 5pm I had my cancelation email. always send everything in writing. even though i have my cancellation email, i want it on paper that i did it the way my contract stated. it was hidden and i had to work hard to get the info on the phone. most of the information that i needed was not in my paperwork, but thankfully it all worked out.

the lies: before signing I was told this is an investment, that you can rent it out for thousands! that you can stay anywhere in the world in this book he gave me for $300-$600 a week. they have discounts on planes, cruises, hotels, etc. i had 4 weeks of travel to use because he gave me extra days and extra points. i was told there were no maintenance fees unless i used it and a $1500 refurbishing fee every 5 years. thats it! easy peezy. i also got a $1500 credit on a cruise so basically its free. when i got home and started to really read the fine print, most of this was not the case. there were going to be fees all the time and they would increase 6% or whatever inflation is at the time. reading online i saw tons of complaints about how many members could not book anywhere, could only use a limited amount of points at a time, that non-members got rooms at pueblo bonito cheaper than us "owners" and we also have to eat the cost of listing the property (a set amount goes directly to pueblo bonito.) i was told i wouldnt get my account information for 4-5 days, which didnt bother me bc it was going to be the weekend, but thankfully i realized what a huge mistake i was making and rescinded immediately! ive read many dont realize their mistake until they cant book, the bills for maintenance start coming, or their account information never comes. does any of this sound familiar? great deal right? well... the lies didnt stop there. when i asked how do i cancel (before i signed, he said "you just put it in writing and thats it.")

after i sent my email of rescission, the sales person got back to me later that day. said i was going to lose out big and he was trying to help me not lose my money. guaranteed i could make my money back by renting it out to the tune of $14k at least a month from now. basically i would be using other peoples money to pay my debt. If i didnt go through with the deal, i was not going to get my down payment back because i signed a waiver. i told him i have 5 days due to mexico's law of rescission in article 56. i also told him he never told me about the 5 day rule and it was not in my contract. he said our contract was different, that i was going to be penalized and if i didnt let him help me and keep the timeshare that the collections department would be taking over. i only had 24hours to change my mind and after that he wouldnt be able to save me from losing all my money. he also said that they would come after me for payments if i didnt pay 50% of my balance off. that paying min 50% was the only way out of my contract. i read enough online that i knew none of this was true. Please, do not ever believe the lies or let them scare you into changing your mind. you can resign later, but u cant always rescind.
We just had the same experience and went to Member Services we received a rescission letter but they added a sentence that says it excludes the deposit. My research is that this also violates Mexico law. We are starting the battle with credit card reversal now. It is embarrassing to get scammed as the red flags were numerous. Our salesman claimed that we would have deeded ownership but it was not in contract… that we could deduct all vacation expenses as we were seeking new property… it is a professional scam operation.

cohenru

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is avoid sales presentations. Admittedly, this is difficult as they can be quite insistent. I say no, they keep on pushing. I was told by a very nice woman that my refusal to attend a sales presentation would impact her livelihood. As time went on, I stopped responding and just walked away, sometimes they follow me, but mostly they do not

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is avoid sales presentations. Admittedly, this is difficult as they can be quite insistent. I say no, they keep on pushing. I was told by a very nice woman that my refusal to attend a sales presentation would impact her livelihood. As time went on, I stopped responding and just walked away, sometimes they follow me, but mostly they do not
A great answer to that whine would be I’m ok with it affecting your livelihood as long as it doesn’t impact mine

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
the guy at the airport said they were going to show me the resort because it was new and they were offering discounts on future stays. total lie. i was tricked from the beginning and ended up there alone because my friend was still sick back where we were staying. its all so surreal.
Oh, the Cabo shark tank. The best thing is to avoid those two rooms full of sharks and lies (unless you want to play with them which my DW hates).

Congratulations @stella24.