• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding MVC Points Purchase

Mbar2

Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all, so glad I found this site. We purchased 2000 MVC points last week at a presentation. We have decided to rescind that offer and have 10 days to do so.

I will email and send and mail the letter from our document packet by certified mail, but does anyone know if I have to have the rescind letter notarized?

Just want to make sure everything is done correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
No need to notarize it. Just have all parties who signed the agreement also sign the recision letter (i.e. you and spouse if applicable).

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No it does not need to be notarized. It can be scribbled on a napkin in crayon as long as it’s signed and mailed to the proper address prior to the end of the recession period.

congrats on making a very wise decision to rescind! Join Tug and learn all about the ins and outs of timeshare ownership and figure out if it’s truly right for the at your travel and if so BUY RESALE!!

Mbar2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. This looks like a great community!

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I did just this back in 2017. We went to a presentation, signed for 2000 (or 2200, don't remember) and the next day, in whatever pen or marker I had in the car and a blank piece of torn paper, we wrote that we were rescinding, signed and done. They didn't ask for the book of resorts/points listings back, which was a good thing since we left it in the resort:rolleyes:. So, once we realized we still had the book, we sat down and looked at how many nights the points cost would be in most of the places we wanted to go with the points we were looking to buy and realized that it would really only be 5 nights (2 bedroom).

Back then, during the presentation, the sales lady slipped (at least I think it was a slip) and said something about Marriott reselling legacy weeks. Another thing I didn't realize until late that night after we signed. Like, an aha moment. In the morning, I looked it up and at that time Marriott had a resale week webpage. I found the week we wanted in the resort we wanted. The points would have cost somewhere around $29,000 or $30,000 (maybe a few thousand less as I do remember some sort of bonus to buy before we left, there was a "catch" to that but don't remember what). The week was 1/5 of that. We chose to just go directly through Marriott so no hold up, less fees, etc. We probably would have gotten our week for less on the open resale market, but it was quick, easy and we're very very very happy with our purchase. Can't wait to get back there asap.

Good luck with your new purchases everyone! Enjoy every vacation! For us, no regrets. At this point in our lives, we actually like our Marriott week more than our 385 DVC points!;)

Have a great day!
Dee

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi all,

First of all, so glad I found this site. We purchased 2000 MVC points last week at a presentation. We have decided to rescind that offer and have 10 days to do so.

I will email and send and mail the letter from our document packet by certified mail, but does anyone know if I have to have the rescind letter notarized?

Just want to make sure everything is done correctly.

Thank you in advance.
@Mbar2 We hope your rescission and deposit refund went well. Mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought retail/developer TS, there is no shaming.