• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding HICV

futuretrader

Reaction score
Sending this form is enough via certified mail or should I include a hand written letter also?

bdc901cc31be135f8bba676c3d15ba4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
That form is good enough. Make sure who ever signed the contract also signs the cancellation form. I would also make a copy of the completed form and keep it with your mailing receipt. If you choose to personally deliver it make sure you get a signed and dated receipt. It usually isnt a good idea to return to the sales office to rescind as they will probably try to talk you out of rescinding or make you a less costly offer. It is the mailing date that counts (thus the receipt/proof of mailing) so make sure that is met.

Good luck and congratulations on finding TUG in time to rescind and thereby saving yourself thousands. If you care to post the amount you are saving by cancelling, TUG keeps a running total.

~Diane

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

futuretrader

Reaction score
I sent above cancellation form, one separate letter also and purchase agreement with certified usps mail. Keeping copy of everything.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The form should be sufficient. Not all (in fact very few) timeshare developers provide a rescission form like that.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
holy smokes, 51 thousand dollar bullet dodged there!

rrsafety

Reaction score
Glad you found your way here and are able to rescind!!
Some of us like to search Reddit and the internet to direct folks here.

futuretrader

Reaction score
I also came here from reddit… Called today holiday Inn at (407)-239-0000 to get the status of new timeshare. They confirmed me it is canceled status now. I wanted to get the status of refund also. Lady gave me this number 407-395-6689, never been able to talk to anybody.

I will keep trying or you guys this it’s unnecessary now?

8749239dc99ef33c18aaeb1af562bee6.jpg

Trying to document as much as possible so it will be easy for next guys to rescind.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also came here from reddit… Called today holiday Inn at (407)-239-0000 to get the status of new timeshare. They confirmed me it is canceled status now. I wanted to get the status of refund also. Lady gave me this number 407-395-6689, never been able to talk to anybody.

I will keep trying or you guys this it’s unnecessary now?
I'd say this is a done deal. Move on. I know this is a stressful time until your deposit is safely back in your accounts, but they have acknowledged that it's in process and these developers know that there are HUGE penalties for messing with rescissions.

Glad you found us in time. Go celebrate!

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the refund today. Thanks guys. They ruined our vacation
Nope. You compromised your vacation by signing up for a major purchase uninformed. It took the rest of the vacation to undo. It was a learning experience you aren't likely to repeat. So you saved yourself a lot of grief going forward. And who knows, you might have discovered a new hobby. Great vacations for less money.

TravelTheWorld

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the refund today. Thanks guys. They ruined our vacation

Be glad Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a reputable company. I've heard horror stories about other developers (mostly in Mexico) that don't honor cancellations - or make it very difficult. Personally I am a very happy HICV owner.

In regards to them ruining your vacation, you knowingly and willingly signed up for a sales presentation to get whatever free gifts they promised. It is their job to sell you something. In your attempt to get a cheaper vacation you cost yourself your valuable vacation time and probably some temporary heartache. Don't blame the company when you volunteered to be there and were persuaded to sign on the dotted line.

Take personal accountability and learn from it and don't sign up for any more presentations just to get the free stuff.

mathmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV has been pretty good to me too, just know that you can get 100k points second hand for about $2000. That makes all their sales pitches kinda worthless haha. Pop over to the HICV forum for more reading if you would be interested at a much better price from the secondary market as some properties are deeded points that will always transfer into the program (not the case for most of their properties)

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Not all (in fact very few) timeshare developers provide a rescission form like that.

The document suggests it's mandated by Nevada law so I started digging to validate that...

NRS 119A.410 says "The contract of sale must include a statement of this right", and 119A.307(s) says the same: "A description of the purchaser’s right to cancel the purchase contract.", both of which are not equivalent to providing a pre-filled cancelation form. No other statute requires more than just disclosure of right to cancel.

It appears HICV simply used a state-provided template from https://red.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/rednvgov/Content/Forms/567_083017.docx to meet 119A.307 requirements, and the regulator "sneaked in" elements that aren't required by 119A.307.

Given that, I'm wondering if it was HICV being nice to purchasers, or just doing it for (false) compliance reasons. ;)