• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

ts_newbie_jh

Reaction score
Hi, I am so glad I found this site, I just bought into a BG timeshare a couple days ago, but reading through this site, I could save thousands of dollars by buying on the second market. I took the template that was posted above fro the cancellation, and I just had a question, to pay the timeshare I got a loan with a credit union they provided, would BG take care of cancelling the loan as well or is that something I need to do on my own?

Thanks in advance.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi, I am so glad I found this site, I just bought into a BG timeshare a couple days ago, but reading through this site, I could save thousands of dollars by buying on the second market. I took the template that was posted above fro the cancellation, and I just had a question, to pay the timeshare I got a loan with a credit union they provided, would BG take care of cancelling the loan as well or is that something I need to do on my own?

Thanks in advance.
If your rescission letter has your contract number, name (and your SO’s name if he/she also signed), signature (and your SO’s signature if part of the TS), and sent to the correct address certified, BG is legally obligated to cancel your TS loan.

Don’t accept calls from BG or unknown numbers. How much would you save with rescission?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
The loan should be cancelled in conjunction with the rescission. If you were not a member of the credit union prior to the TS purchase, your membership should be cancelled as well.

Jim

ts_newbie_jh

Reaction score
If your rescission letter has your contract number, name (and your SO’s name if he/she also signed), signature (and your SO’s signature if part of the TS), and sent to the correct address certified, BG is legally obligated to cancel your TS loan.

Don’t accept calls from BG or unknown numbers. How much would you save with rescission?
Thanks for the fast replay, I am sending that rescission document today. I would be saving about 27k, I feel so relieved now.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the fast replay, I am sending that rescission document today. I would be saving about 27k, I feel so relieved now.
Again. Follow the rescission instructions as exact. If the rescission instructions also say return receipt requested, you need to do that. Might be also good to include a copy of the Ts signature page.

ts_newbie_jh

Reaction score
Again. Follow the rescission instructions as exact. If the rescission instructions also say return receipt requested, you need to do that. Might be also good to include a copy of the Ts signature page.
Thanks, yes I made sure to read the cancellations instructions in the contract carefully as well as look at the tips in this thread, I did sent a copy of the TS signature page as well as adding the return receipt request to the delivery.

ts_newbie_jh

Reaction score

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, nothing more needed. Keep in mind that the Postmarked Date is the date in which is applicable to the law, and your Postmark Date is November 20th, 2019. They can sign for it anytime but you are golden as long as is Postmarked within the allowed time frame..... Suggest you save your Postal Receipt.

Do nothing more; sit back, relax and celebrate. :hi::cheer::wave::banana: Don't drink too much.

You should now receive a refund and be off the hook (assuming all your paperwork is signed and in order).

Mr. Grammarhero and the TUG Community are collectively proud of you.......

Supermanjake

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this site within the rescind window. We just bought a cheap package on black Friday, 6k points EOY (they threw in bonus 4k points in the 2nd year and 1/2 MFs in first year). But I still think I can get more for less in resale. 6k points really doesn't get us enough nights to justify the MFs (~$700) let alone the nearly $9k for the deed. I applied for the Barclay card and was approved for more than the total $9k. Even though I have paid bluegreen, they will refund that payment, right?

My major question is what do I have to mail them exactly? I've seen it mentioned in this thread, but other than the rescind letter and copy of the contract, do I have to send back the BG and RCI catalogs and other stuff they put in the welcome beach bag thing? I know the initial promised gifts are mine to keep, but should I send everything else I left with back to them? should it be in the same package as the rescind letter?

Thanks everyone!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm glad I found this site within the rescind window. We just bought a cheap package on black Friday, 6k points EOY (they threw in bonus 4k points in the 2nd year and 1/2 MFs in first year). But I still think I can get more for less in resale. 6k points really doesn't get us enough nights to justify the MFs (~$700) let alone the nearly $9k for the deed. I applied for the Barclay card and was approved for more than the total $9k. Even though I have paid bluegreen, they will refund that payment, right?

My major question is what do I have to mail them exactly? I've seen it mentioned in this thread, but other than the rescind letter and copy of the contract, do I have to send back the BG and RCI catalogs and other stuff they put in the welcome beach bag thing? I know the initial promised gifts are mine to keep, but should I send everything else I left with back to them? should it be in the same package as the rescind letter?

Thanks everyone!
1. Bluegreen will refund you the $9k the same way you paid, likely via the Barclays credit card. You may want to call the credit card company, tell them you are rescinding and will expect a refund, and ask if they will waive the first month payment or interest charges.
2. Those other materials don’t necessarily need to send the materials with rescission letter. It’s up to you but can get expensive sending in the same package. People often recommend in the rescission letter, “non-gift materials to be sent under separate cover.” You then can send via cheaper media mail.
3. Be sure the rescission letter has you and your SO’s names, signature, date, and contract number. Be sure to send certified.
4. Mind sharing how much you would save with rescission?

Supermanjake

Reaction score
1. Bluegreen will refund you the $9k the same way you paid, likely via the Barclays credit card. You may want to call the credit card company, tell them you are rescinding and will expect a refund, and ask if they will waive the first month payment or interest charges.
2. Those other materials don’t necessarily need to send the materials with rescission letter. It’s up to you but can get expensive sending in the same package. People often recommend in the rescission letter, “non-gift materials to be sent under separate cover.” You then can send via cheaper media mail.
3. Be sure the rescission letter has you and your SO’s names, signature, date, and contract number. Be sure to send certified.
4. Mind sharing how much you would save with rescission?

Thanks for the clarification. I've seen the question of how much would be saved with rescission. I'm not entirely sure what that would be. Easily saving $9k since it seems I can find a comparable package that someone is getting rid of.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
You are correct that 6,000 points won't get you much. We have difficulty using our 10,000 annual for places we would like to go, at the time we would like to go, and the size we want. To go to some the two bedroom, during high red or red season, resorts we would like to go to could require up to 30,000 points for a week. Have owned 20 years and mainly use Bonus Time at Bluegreen resorts and trade through RCI for a week but we are finding less and less to use there as well. If I were to purchase Bluegreen, I would buy resale.

ts_newbie_jh

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a quick update on my rescission, today I got the refund for the down payment on the loan :) Thanks again so much for the help and the quick responses.

bgva

Reaction score
I went to a BG resort in VA (Shenandoah Crossing) on Saturday, and knew nothing about TSs before that. I asked many questions, but they still got over on me. When I got home, I researched and found out that my point level was really low (8000), that the maintenance fee was annual (they didn't mention that in the spiel, but I later found it in the contract), and they couldn't answer a lot of my questions, like why I had to fill out a W9 or what arrangement was in place if I got ill or couldn't make the payments. Plus, when I tallied everything, a lifetime membership would cost me tens of thousands of dollars; I don't see the deal. Anyway, that night, back in the resort hotel room, I drafted my rescission letter based on info I found here at at NOLO. Thanks so much for you experiences, as that has helped me a lot. I sent out my rescission letter certified mail per the cancellation notice in the contract paperwork (I have 7 days). I plan to send out a copy tomorrow from a different post office just to be sure it gets there. I also have some resort books they gave me; do I need to return those as well? If so, I'll mail those back tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to a BG resort in VA (Shenandoah Crossing) on Saturday, and knew nothing about TSs before that. I asked many questions, but they still got over on me. When I got home, I researched and found out that my point level was really low (8000), that the maintenance fee was annual (they didn't mention that in the spiel, but I later found it in the contract), and they couldn't answer a lot of my questions, like why I had to fill out a W9 or what arrangement was in place if I got ill or couldn't make the payments. Plus, when I tallied everything, a lifetime membership would cost me tens of thousands of dollars; I don't see the deal. Anyway, that night, back in the resort hotel room, I drafted my rescission letter based on info I found here at at NOLO. Thanks so much for you experiences, as that has helped me a lot. I sent out my rescission letter certified mail per the cancellation notice in the contract paperwork (I have 7 days). I plan to send out a copy tomorrow from a different post office just to be sure it gets there. I also have some resort books they gave me; do I need to return those as well? If so, I'll mail those back tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.
Keep a copy of the receipt you sent. Unless rescission letter deficient, No need to send out a separate rescission letter. If both you and your SO bought, be sure the rescission letter how both your names and signatures, as well as the contract number. Mind sharing how much you saved with rescission?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks again everyone.

You can actually return those books via USPS MEDIA MAIL. You will get a free tracking number.

Good move to rescind.

WELCOME to TUG.

bgva

Reaction score
Keep a copy of the receipt you sent. Unless rescission letter deficient, No need to send out a separate rescission letter. If both you and your SO bought, be sure the rescission letter how both your names and signatures, as well as the contract number. Mind sharing how much you saved with rescission?
I bought it alone, so thankfully I only needed one signature. My loan was for $18,330 and $1025 maintenance fee annually.

JoeCanada

Reaction score
You're wasting your hard earned money by sending it overnight.

Send your rescission letter via USPS Certified Mail. Be sure to send it within the legally allowed time frame and be sure that all parties who signed the purchase agreement (i.e. your spouse) also sign the Rescission Letter. Remember, USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Go to your local Post Office and they will assist you.

Regarding the books you were provided; Send them back via USPS Parcel Post. This should cost you less than $15 and you will be able to track it all the way.

Remember, you have absolutely no need to use a private delivery service company such as FEDERAL EXPRESS, UPS, OR DHL. These are "For Profit" companies and you pay (really pay) for their services. Why waste money?

The USPS (United States Postal Service) is a "Non Profit" operation and you can get the same services at a fraction of what you would pay a private delivery service company.

Good day!
Didn't really know how to start a new thread so I wanted to ask you directly here:
How important is it that we send USPS or certified mail?
We typed the letter, signed it, and gave it to the reception at the Hilton Hotel we were staying at... Bought December 26 and signed (for cancellation) and sent December 28 early morning.

If we received an email from
BluegreenVacations@bluegreencorp.com does that mean they've officially received our letter?

We put a down payment of about 1200$ for the TS and then the other 49$... In our letter we told them to refund both of the amounts.
We received the email from that account for the 49 but nothing about the other refund of 1200.

We emailed the agent that made us sign all the paperwork that day at the preview center, and she said she will let us know when the letter has been received and processed for refund.

Wondering if this is proof enough that the letter went through and has been received, or should I run to the post and send another letter with certified???

Thanks you guys, this forum really brought the stress levels down a few.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good day!
Didn't really know how to start a new thread so I wanted to ask you directly here:
How important is it that we send USPS or certified mail?
We typed the letter, signed it, and gave it to the reception at the Hilton Hotel we were staying at... Bought December 26 and signed (for cancellation) and sent December 28 early morning.

If we received an email from
BluegreenVacations@bluegreencorp.com does that mean they've officially received our letter?

We put a down payment of about 1200$ for the TS and then the other 49$... In our letter we told them to refund both of the amounts.
We received the email from that account for the 49 but nothing about the other refund of 1200.

We emailed the agent that made us sign all the paperwork that day at the preview center, and she said she will let us know when the letter has been received and processed for refund.

Wondering if this is proof enough that the letter went through and has been received, or should I run to the post and send another letter with certified???

Thanks you guys, this forum really brought the stress levels down a few.

USPS is a semi US Government Agency. With that said, sending it via Certified Mail provides you with absolute proof that :

A). You did in fact mail it in the allowed time frame

B). It made it to the recipient and the Postal scans acknowledge at least an attempted delivery.

There will be no question about the the mechanics of sending, receiving, or rescinding the transaction. This is really important should your rescission not be honored and you need to go to Court. The Courts will want to see all the Postmarked Postal Receipts for legal purposes. Sending it Certified covers your legal rights. Sending it any other way comes to a "he said" "she said" situation.

Me? I would send it exactly as I outlined and not count on the actions of the preview center. You need to make your own decision as to what to do at this point.

I'm confident our TUG rescission expert "Grammarhero" may want to add his opinion to this.

Last edited:

bgva

Reaction score

Thanks again everyone.
I want everyone to know that my rescission was successful, and my money was credited back on December 31. Thanks everyone!

JoeCanada

Reaction score
USPS is a semi US Government Agency. With that said, sending it via Certified Mail provides you with absolute proof that :

A). You did in fact mail it in the allowed time frame

B). It made it to the recipient and the Postal scans acknowledge at least an attempted delivery.

There will be no question about the the mechanics of sending, receiving, or rescinding the transaction. This is really important should your rescission not be honored and you need to go to Court. The Courts will want to see all the Postmarked Postal Receipts for legal purposes. Sending it Certified covers your legal rights. Sending it any other way comes to a "he said" "she said" situation.

Me? I would send it exactly as I outlined and not count on the actions of the preview center. You need to make your own decision as to what to do at this point.

I'm confident our TUG rescission expert "Grammarhero" may want to add his opinion to this.

Update: I want everyone to know that BG refunded my down payment on Jan 9. Even during holiday period I was fortunate enough to receive it in less than 2 weeks.
I definitely encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of most people and send via certified mail... I did not send that way, and so had to rely on emailing the quality assurance specialist (the lady who made us sign and initial all the papers) for updates on our status... She was nice enough to reassure us when the mail was received by corporate and answer us every time we had questions, but it might not always be the case for everyone.

Thanks peeps.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: I want everyone to know that BG refunded my down payment on Jan 9. Even during holiday period I was fortunate enough to receive it in less than 2 weeks.
I definitely encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of most people and send via certified mail... I did not send that way, and so had to rely on emailing the quality assurance specialist (the lady who made us sign and initial all the papers) for updates on our status... She was nice enough to reassure us when the mail was received by corporate and answer us every time we had questions, but it might not always be the case for everyone.

Thanks peeps.
Congrats. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission? Or the total price of the timeshare?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks peeps.
We are glad that your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track how much TS owners saved on TUG, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.