• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

So Blessed

Reaction score
Is courier delivery mentioned as a valid form of delivery of the rescission? We always recommend following the instructions exactly, and absent guidance, using USPS Certified. You will probably be fine, but not knowing, you will have anxiety until your money is returned.

Jim

My apologies, the letter was sent USPS, not UPS as previously stated.

Last edited:

So Blessed

Reaction score
Hello,
We bought in TX on 7 Jul and sent a notarized cancellation letter on the 10th (UPS Express with Return Receipt) along with all the products that we received. It was delivered on 11 Jul, but the signature was waived. Why would they decline to sign the receipt and do I need to be concerned? Side note, we also let the personnel at the presentation site know we were cancelling the day after we signed, and one of their reps called to follow up the next day.
BTW, your site is a Godsend, thank you!

STATUS UPDATE: We bought on July 7th, sent cancellation letter on the 10th, received $49 orientation refund email on the 14th and received our $4,050 CC refund in two installments on the 22nd. Never received any status emails/calls, just kept checking my account for the refund. We are now going to go look into renting as previously recommended, you guys are awesome!!
PS.My apologies, the letter was sent USPS, not UPS as previously stated.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
STATUS UPDATE: We bought on July 7th, sent cancellation letter on the 10th, received $49 orientation refund email on the 14th and received our $4,050 CC refund in two installments on the 22nd. Never received any status emails/calls, just kept checking my account for the refund. We are now going to go look into renting as previously recommended, you guys are awesome!!
Glad your money is safely back in your accounts. Those Last Minute TUG rentals are hard to beat. Often at less than the underlying MF and with no buy-in or exit plan needed. Win-win-win!

Jim

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Congrats on the refunds. Mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cladyclad

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Omg thank u for this site. I just foolishly bought a timeshare yesterday day from Bluegreen in Vegas smh. So op template is the way to go?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Omg thank u for this site. I just foolishly bought a timeshare yesterday day from Bluegreen in Vegas smh. So op template is the way to go?
Congrats on finding us in time to save thousands. OP's template is fine.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not to keep bothering y’all, but do I need to send additional paperwork or is the letter enough?
Maybe a copy of the first page of the contract with the contract number. Everyone who signed the Ts contract must sign the rescission letter.

Mind sharing how much you the rescission would save you?

Cladyclad

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Maybe a copy of the first page of the contract with the contract number. Everyone who signed the Ts contract must sign the rescission letter.

Mind sharing how much you the rescission would save you?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks.
Will be hitting the Post Office tomorrow.
Good morning @bgsorry, we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Y'all are seriously awesome. Just bought on Saturday in Myrtle Beach. I saw the rescind instructions and questioned the QA person as we were signing things. She was very nice and confirmed that that was what we needed to do to rescind. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have signed up if there wasn't a way out quickly. I just wanted to talk it over more with my wife once we were alone and away from the atmosphere of the preview center. It doesn't sound like a bad program at all, if you can use it the right way. We're not in a place right now where we can do that though, so bubye bluegreen. We'll be sending our letter tomorrow. Thanks especially for the letter template.

Brad
Good morning @bradski , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, I wanted to provide an update- the down payment has been returned back to my creditcard in two payments.
Good morning @CV123 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got back from sending them the letter by certified mail. According to NH law, I have to call them to give them notice that I will be cancelling. The woman was very polite. They want the rest of the paperwork and books back but said I could send it separately.

Feel good about cancelling, like I dodge a bullet. Glad I found this site.

Bruce
Good morning @Pilgrim424 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Good morning @So Blessed , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I apologize, I didn't see your earlier post. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Good morning @Wrangler18 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SO GLAD WE FOUND THIS FORUM IN TIME.

We went to the timeshare meeting to get the free stuff no intention of buying. Loved what we saw, ended up buying. Felt some red flags but signed anyway, totally my fault for not stopping and investigating. Went to dinner on the gift card they gave us, "oh you can only use at limited places", go to pay, manager says its only $15 off and cant use the full $100. Now Im mad. Go back to hotel and start researching and found this forum!
Long story short. Still interested but will buy on the reseller market. The red flags that were so brought to light was Biannual Points, then you cant carry them over, they gave us a place on AZ even though we bought in Myrtle Beach, the "free" cruise and airfare, then making us return in a month for "orientation" but not staying at the resort , just a hotel. So many things didnt add up. Then after i felt like i was going to throw up from our decision to purchase i found the paper in our giant packet that said we had 5 days to cancel. I used the template from this site post and mailed it off overnight and requiring a signature this morning. Now the waiting game.

My questions: will i receive any paperwork or emails saying that my contract has been cancelled?

We applied for and secured a credit card through them to pay for the downpayment, and financed the rest through them as well (i was just going to secure a loan from my credit union and pay them both off when we returned home). Will they just cancel everything, the credit card we used as well as the financing?

Looking for assurance from some seasoned timeshare experts. Need to get back to "life" but without this hanging over our heads.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Good morning @fullarmor2015 , we hope your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS purchase. Solely to track how much TUG have saved TS owners, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? There is no shaming, as half of tuggers have bought a developer/resort TS.

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
It has been 30 days since they have received my rescind notice so far no refunds on my Barclayscard accounts. How long do they typically wait before they refund my down payment? What are your experiences?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been 30 days since they have received my rescind notice so far no refunds on my Barclayscard accounts. How long do they typically wait before they refund my down payment? What are your experiences?

No worries! 45 days. Retain your postmarked receipt, sit back, relax, and celebrate.

Assuming you mailed your rescission within the legal time frame then you will be all set.

Cladyclad

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thank u guys so f’n much. Just got my 49$ back. Now I wait for the big boy $. Once again thank yall. 9000$ for something I don’t own. Idk Wtf was I thinking smh

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank u guys so f’n much. Just got my 49$ back. Now I wait for the big boy $. Once again thank yall. 9000$ for something I don’t own. Idk Wtf was I thinking smh
Congrats. Go out and celebrate.

MichelleLD98

Reaction score
I purchased on 8/3/19, found this site on the flight home on 8/4/19. Used the template in this post to cancel, sent letter via certified mail (& return receipt) on 8/5/19. Should have been delivered today.
Post office tracking said it’s “available for pickup” and then shows the Boca Rotan address.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased on 8/3/19, found this site on the flight home on 8/4/19. Used the template in this post to cancel, sent letter via certified mail (& return receipt) on 8/5/19. Should have been delivered today.
Post office tracking said it’s “available for pickup” and then shows the Boca Rotan address.
You will be fine. The date that matters is the postmark date, not when they pick it up.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you bought alone, congrats on successfully rescinding. If you and another person signed the Ts contract, both must sign the rescission letter.

Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.