• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Bears48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/a
I am here for February's edition of 'Bluegreen recision letter anxiety' I purchased a 9000 bi-annual package on 1/25 and realized that night what I had done. When I returned home from vacation, I overnight shipped a letter to the address stated in the contract notifying them of the cancellation. UPS sent me confirmation that the letter had been delivered but when I called to confirm that this was the case, the agents say that they don't have anything on file regarding a cancellation letter.

I call back at the end of the week and still no update.. I then resent a certified letter via usps that was to be signed for upon delivery to the Boca Raton office which was delivered yesterday. Should I keep calling to see if they get the letter or trust the process and hope the refund shows up in a couple weeks?

Today is day 10 of the rescission period and don't want to be stuck with this parasite.

Thanks in advance!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I am here for February's edition of 'Bluegreen recision letter anxiety' I purchased a 9000 bi-annual package on 1/25 and realized that night what I had done. When I returned home from vacation, I overnight shipped a letter to the address stated in the contract notifying them of the cancellation. UPS sent me confirmation that the letter had been delivered but when I called to confirm that this was the case, the agents say that they don't have anything on file regarding a cancellation letter.

I call back at the end of the week and still no update.. I then resent a certified letter via usps that was to be signed for upon delivery to the Boca Raton office which was delivered yesterday. Should I keep calling to see if they get the letter or trust the process and hope the refund shows up in a couple weeks?

Today is day 10 of the rescission period and don't want to be stuck with this parasite.

Thanks in advance!
As long as your rescission letter had the TS contact number, both the names and signatures of those on the TS contract, and followed the rescission instructions, you are good. I wouldn’t call the office, as they will try to sell to you again. Unless allowed by the BG contract, I don't think sending via UPS is legally effective. If you want to cover your bases, send a rescission letter USPS certified to the rescission address.

Also, the USPS delivery to the Boca Raton is likely not legally effective, as it wasn’t stated in the TS contract.

mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission? Best of luck!

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Your instructions said to send it usps return receipt, so that's what you should have done. I know they have accepted them from Fed Ex and should accept them from UPS. Hold on to your receipt of delivery and if you need it for proof, send a copy and keep the original.

SKMitchell13

Reaction score
When you cancel your Bluegreen Timeshare do you get a full refund of everything you paid or just partial? I’m asking because we canceled ours and only received a partial refund so far.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you cancel your Bluegreen Timeshare do you get a full refund of everything you paid or just partial? I’m asking because we canceled ours and only received a partial refund so far.
You should receive a full refund. Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks in advance!
Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What do you mean by how much rescission would save me?
What was the total price of your timeshare? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shaming.

dtrevino9337

Reaction score
Just send back a COPY of the contract's signature page for ID purposes. Everyone who signed the contract needs to sign the rescission letter. Anything that was a gift for attending the presentation is yours. Send back any promotional materials (and note in your rescission letter that you are doing it) by the cheapest means. Keep the postal receipt as proof so they don't charge you for something you don't want anyway. We suggest sending the rescission letter by USPS Certified w/return receipt unless the instructions say something specifically different. The Post Office is closed today for the holiday, but Tuesday will be fine.

Jim

I'm new to this forum and I need help!! I just sent my rescission letter today! Can you please see if review my letter to see if you think it'd qualify to actually cancel my timeshare. I can't believe I'm in this situation and we need someone's help ASAP.

dtrevino9337

Reaction score
Can someone please verify that this letter is sufficient enough to cancel our timeshare...?? I would like a peace of mind tonight as I already sent everything back to them.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 114

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please verify that this letter is sufficient enough to cancel our timeshare...?? I would like a peace of mind tonight as I already sent everything back to them.
It looks just fine. It may take up to 45 days for the refund of your payments to appear on your credit card statement, and BG is under no obligation to inform you of the progress of your rescission. Rest assured, though, that they won't mess with state law that requires them to process all timely rescission letters. It doesn't have to be fancy legalese, and your letter clearly stated your intentions. Keep the USPS receipt that shows your mailing date.

You're good to go! Sleep Well, and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

dtrevino9337

Reaction score
It looks just fine. It may take up to 45 days for the refund of your payments to appear on your credit card statement, and BG is under no obligation to inform you of the progress of your rescission. Rest assured, though, that they won't mess with state law that requires them to process all timely rescission letters. It doesn't have to be fancy legalese, and your letter clearly stated your intentions. Keep the USPS receipt that shows your mailing date.

You're good to go! Sleep Well, and Welcome to TUG!

Jim

Thank you again for all the input and as a veteran willing to help out another. My husband is a veteran as well. :) Big THANKS from Texas!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That looks good. Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you again for all the input and as a veteran willing to help out another. My husband is a veteran as well. :) Big THANKS from Texas!

Be sure to send it via USPS and send it via Certified Mail. Retain your Postal Receipts in case of need down the line.

Also, any one who signed the original contract needs to sign the rescission contract.

Be patient and hopefully you'll be all set!

AND, my thanks for serving our Country......

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks in advance!
@Bears48 we hope your rescission and deposit refund went well. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you'd save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer or retail timeshares, there is no shaming.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@dtrevino9337 we hope your rescission and deposit refund went well. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you'd save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer or retail timeshares, there is no shaming.

jeeelyn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Vacations
Hi!

Is there any way that we can still get our money back for the purchase we did last November? :((
The thing is we have paid in full already.
Thank you so much!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@jeeelyn Unfortunately you are well past the rescission period. Unless you have solid physical proof that you were lied to, and you want to pay a lawyer to take up the case (and that isn’t a guarantee of winning), then you are out of luck getting your money back.

One suggestion is to join TUG and learn from other BG owners on how to maximize your ownership. Vacations will make you feel better about your purchase! Many others here also purchased direct like you so you aren’t alone.

Joshwsimp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hey, just wanted to say thank you. I’m currently staying at a blue green resort and it’s been good. However sitting through the meeting the other day between pressure and excitement we signed up and the moment we left the 2 hour mtg that last 6plus hours we had regret. What did we get ourselves into. So immediately we searched, found this forum as well as others and wrote the letter that night. Had the front desk print it in the morning and we sent it off certified. They received it today. Now we wait.
Thank you!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey, just wanted to say thank you. I’m currently staying at a blue green resort and it’s been good. However sitting through the meeting the other day between pressure and excitement we signed up and the moment we left the 2 hour mtg that last 6plus hours we had regret. What did we get ourselves into. So immediately we searched, found this forum as well as others and wrote the letter that night. Had the front desk print it in the morning and we sent it off certified. They received it today. Now we wait.
Thank you!

@Joshwsimp We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Last edited:

Joshwsimp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
@Joshwsimp We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

I’m super hopeful it works. We will have saved 17,500.00. I’ve been receiving some scam phone calls that I’m not answering that I wonder if it’s them trying to get me to change my mind.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m super hopeful it works. We will have saved 17,500.00. I’ve been receiving some scam phone calls that I’m not answering that I wonder if it’s them trying to get me to change my mind.
Good job choosing to rescind. You can buy BG resale for $1.

Joshwsimp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Good job choosing to rescind. You can buy BG resale for $1.

I’m nervous. Should I send out a second letter just in case or call to make sure or just sit back and try to relax bc it’s the law.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m nervous. Should I send out a second letter just in case or call to make sure or just sit back and try to relax bc it’s the law.
As long as you sent certified to the rescission address and signed by whoever also signed the TS contact, you are good. Calling won’t help.