• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinded Wyndham contract

BroLife93

Reaction score
My husband and I attended a sales presentation in Clearwater Beach on Friday. Since I had dragged my husband there, I fully expected him to say no, so I didn’t do my due diligence ahead of time to see if it would be a good deal. By the time we accepted and left, I already had the feeling we had made the wrong decision.

Rescission letter is written, but before I send out tomorrow, I’d just like someone to confirm that I made a wise decision. We were sold 126,000 points at the soon-to-be constructed downtown Atlanta vacation resort for $20,500. The sales manager “threw in” an additional 174,000 bonus points (to be used within two years) and VIP membership for one year. Maintenance fees were $73.48/month.

After seeing the resale market on this site and others such as eBay, we decided to rescind immediately, and do additional research before jumping into even the resale market. I’d hate to be out all that money and it just didn’t work for us.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Your points have pretty much lost $20,000 in value once the recision period has passed. Buying developer makes sense for a (very) few people. 126,000 points will get you a week in a1 bedroom at many resorts. If you need a larger room you need more points. I like Wyndham a lot, very flexible with lots of resorts, but resale is the way to go.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO - rescind immediately. Those maintenance fees are just about $7/thousand points which is above average.
The perks are nice but not worth $20K
Even if you have a long term goal of becoming a permanent VIP, that is not the property to buy at those fees.
Pick up a free resale deed at a decent MF - some are less than $5/thousand - and see if you like it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Glad you are going to rescind. Wyndham points are pretty worth zero $ on the resale market.

Reaction score
IF you really like Wyndham properties, like others said, buy a resale with enough points for you to stay a week at a favorite area per year. If you think you'll only do it every other year, buy an EOY resale, very cheap. Then, buy more points as needed. And DO NOT go to any sales presentations, you'll learn more here than from a sales-minded Wyndham (or other timeshare system) person.

TS

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eventually you realize timeshare sales weasels lie. They will tell you anything they need to to make a sale, but nothing they promise you will end up in the contract they want you to sign.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind now, and then do research to make an informed decision and if you decide Wyndham is a good fit for you- BUY RESALE!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saving $20K will allow you to invest in precious metals, such as Smith & Wesson, Colt, Browning, Henry, Ruger, etc.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Saving $20K will allow you to invest in precious metals, such as Smith & Wesson, Colt, Browning, Henry, Ruger, etc.
Is this to scare off the next salesperson?

For $2,000, you could have bought the Wyndham Shearwater with 400K points that was on ebay. I was even tempted and already own two. The fees are very low for that one, too, and it's Kauai, and it's ocean view from every unit. Love that one.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That listing sold for $2,147.00 That was a bargain. Love that resort, my favorite next to Hono Koa on Maui.