• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RESCIND ? Wyndham Club Access points- from Developer vs Resale

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
I need help! what would I loose if I were to buy Wyndham Access points from resale? all I read is loosing VIP benefits... what exactly is VIP benefits?

would I loose the housekeeping credits?

I could careless about the Sliver/Gold/Platinum point discounts, because so far, i can't even find availability to spots i want to go within 60-days.

I just bought via Developer 2 days ago.. and I am not sure if I should rescind ???

HELP. thanks.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Rescind first!

Ask questions second! Your time to rescind is limited based on state you signed contract in. Once you pass that date you can’t back out.

You can always buy latter at price they offered if you do choose to but you can save thousands buying resell.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I need help! what would I loose if I were to buy Wyndham Access points from resale? all I read is loosing VIP benefits... what exactly is VIP benefits?

would I loose the housekeeping credits?

I could careless about the Sliver/Gold/Platinum point discounts, because so far, i can't even find availability to spots i want to go within 60-days.

I just bought via Developer 2 days ago.. and I am not sure if I should rescind ???

HELP. thanks.
What do you lose? You won’t have club pass allowing you access to WorldMark resorts, however what you get is scraps WM people didn’t book because they have early booking windows. If you want WM Access just by small WM resell account or move Wyndham points to RCI.

You can’t use your points in their perks programs... But this is a bad value anyway say use $2000 in MF points for a cruise you could pay $1500 cash for.

And your points can’t be used to reach VIP status.

Basically your points have all the same use as if you bought from Wyndham other than those mentioned above.

But you will have saved tons of money buying resell. I have 406K points I paid about $1400 for including all fees and closing costs.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely rescind while you have time, do it exactly the way they instruct . Then do your research on resale purchase, lots of helpful persons here.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I need help! what would I loose if I were to buy Wyndham Access points from resale?

HELP. thanks.

Rescind NOW - DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT

follow the rescind instructions as stipulated
you need dated proof .

later : research on TUG / look on ebay -
and save a lot of $ money

Last edited:

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
i purchased 27th, postal office closed today 29th, would it be too late to have post mark monday 12/31 ? 31st would be 5th calendar day though :(

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
i purchased 27th, postal office closed today 29th, would it be too late to have post mark monday 12/31 ? 31st would be 5th calendar day though :(

Go to Fedex or similar that has a staffed office on Sunday .
I am pretty sure they exist .

mail another copy on Monday at USPS

Keep a copy and all dated receipts

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just get it postmarked Monday. Day 1 is the day AFTER you sign the contract, and that will be Jan 1 and the Post Office is closed then too, so (officially) you'd be good as late as the 2nd. But don't push it. Get the letter in Certified mail w/return receipt. Include a COPY of the contracts signature page for ID purposes and have all those who signed the contract, sign the rescission letter.

Jim

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
What do you lose? You won’t have club pass allowing you access to WorldMark resorts, however what you get is scraps WM people didn’t book because they have early booking windows. If you want WM Access just by small WM resell account or move Wyndham points to RCI.

You can’t use your points in their perks programs... But this is a bad value anyway say use $2000 in MF points for a cruise you could pay $1500 cash for.

And your points can’t be used to reach VIP status.

Basically your points have all the same use as if you bought from Wyndham other than those mentioned above.

But you will have saved tons of money buying resell. I have 406K points I paid about $1400 for including all fees and closing costs.

so I don't loose the housekeeping credits? ? this benefit still the same? thank you.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Just get it postmarked Monday. Day 1 is the day AFTER you sign the contract, and that will be Jan 1 and the Post Office is closed then too, so (officially) you'd be good as late as the 2nd. But don't push it. Get the letter in Certified mail w/return receipt. Include a COPY of the contracts signature page for ID purposes and have all those who signed the contract, sign the rescission letter.

Jim

thanks. i'll get it post mark first thing monday AM.. for some odd reason, i thought today is Friday when I type up the Rescind letter. I only printed the 2 pages indicating rescinding period... both have e-signatures.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks. i'll get it post mark first thing monday AM.. for some odd reason, i thought today is Friday when I type up the Rescind letter. I only printed the 2 pages indicating rescinding period... both have e-signatures.
I don't know from e-signatures, but however the contract is signed, make the rescission letter the same.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to discover the resale market, you just saved thousands of dollars you can put back into your family vacations!

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
question... buying resale Club Wyndham Access points, could I still use the points bought via Resale without exchange fees or any fees for all Resort/Hotels listed via https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ --> Resorts website?

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel

I'm trying to understand buying from Developer vs Resale, what am I loosing other than VIP benefits....

thank you.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ignore every category except #1.

Inventory in #2-#4 is vanishingly scarce for either resale or developer purchases.

#5-#7 have various restrictions that aren't worth describing, b/c either no or almost no resale contracts can book them.

In general: Most timeshare programs are structured in a way so as to create a (false) sense of missing out on something, the only solution to which is the purchase of more points from the developer. Wyndham is no exception.

Howdy_TX

Reaction score
Thank you
Ignore every category except #1.

Inventory in #2-#4 is vanishingly scarce for either resale or developer purchases.

#5-#7 have various restrictions that aren't worth describing, b/c either no or almost no resale contracts can book them.

In general: Most timeshare programs are structured in a way so as to create a (false) sense of missing out on something, the only solution to which is the purchase of more points from the developer. Wyndham is no exception.

Thank you - clarity - so resale only valid #1-#4 but really only will work for #1

I just now have questions between CWA vs CWP (plus/deeded).... I’m still not sure exactly the difference in when using points to book #1 - Club Wyndham Plus Resorts.... hopefully someone will share some lights. Thanks

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
question... buying resale Club Wyndham Access points, could I still use the points bought via Resale without exchange fees or any fees for all Resort/Hotels listed via https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ --> Resorts website?

(1) Club Wyndham Plus Resorts
(2) Affiliate Resorts
(3) Associate Resorts
(4) Associate Hotel
(5) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Resort
(6) Wyndham Club Pass Resort (i think this is WorldMark???)
(7) Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham Associate Hotel

I'm trying to understand buying from Developer vs Resale, what am I loosing other than VIP benefits....

thank you.

You lose that sinking feeling you paid way too much. No matter what the benefits are, they don’t out weigh the money. If Wyndham doesn’t give the benefits you want to resale owners, find another system that does.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m still not sure exactly the difference in when using points to book #1
The only difference is during ARP---Advance Reservation Priority. This is the period 10-13 months prior to check-in. Deeded ownerships can book only at the resort(s) and during the time(s) the deed is tied to. CWA ownerships can book at any resort with available CWA inventory. At and after 10 months prior, points are points. Anything that is in Category #1 and is available can be booked by anyone.

In practice, there are very few resorts at which this matters, and at those it tends to matter only at specific times of year. Almost anything you want can be had at 10 months. Now you might need to be on the website right at the moment the reservation window opens exactly 10 months prior, but you can do it. For example, I was able to get a 2BR at Old Town Alexandria for Easter Week/Cherry Blossom several years back, but I had to be quick about it.

I don't expect to have any specific needs for which ARP will be routinely important, so I don't pay attention to where my ARP rights are; I only care about my maintenance fee ratio. This is partly because there isn't anywhere that I expect to go back to most years.