• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RESCIND - Vistana Flex - $16.5K

thegizzard

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank everyone on this website for a wealth of knowledge. Many many (15+) years ago I became a member of this site after visiting a timeshare presentation at Marriott Marbella. I do not remember the circumstances, but I am sure I learned enough here not to make that purchase.

6/14/19 - My wife and I responded to an offer for an inexpensive vacation which of course required a timeshare presentation. We rehearsed our responses and were prepared to say no. 3 hours and one fairly slick presentation later we ended up agreeing to $16.5K for 44K annual points. I did tell them I would take the evening to think it over and do the math, but somehow I ended up signing up.

Before the end of that evening I re-discovered this site and the exact process for rescinding. I even found the exact same offer on re-sale for $2500-$3500. Knowing I could buy resale if I really wanted put me at ease. Knowing the exact process to rescind allowed me to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

Two days later I put a certified letter in the mail canceling the contract, return receipt requested, along with copies of most of the documents they gave me, and the kindle in the mail. The contract was originally signed at the resort on 6/14. My letter went out in 6/18. My credit card was refunded on 7/1. I received the letter confirming cancellation on 7/5.

Thanks again for helping me avoid a massive financial mistake!

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
good job at rescinding in time!
First of all I want to thank everyone on this website for a wealth of knowledge. Many many (15+) years ago I became a member of this site after visiting a timeshare presentation at Marriott Marbella. I do not remember the circumstances, but I am sure I learned enough here not to make that purchase.

6/14/19 - My wife and I responded to an offer for an inexpensive vacation which of course required a timeshare presentation. We rehearsed our responses and were prepared to say no. 3 hours and one fairly slick presentation later we ended up agreeing to $16.5K for 44K annual points. I did tell them I would take the evening to think it over and do the math, but somehow I ended up signing up.

Before the end of that evening I re-discovered this site and the exact process for rescinding. I even found the exact same offer on re-sale for $2500-$3500. Knowing I could buy resale if I really wanted put me at ease. Knowing the exact process to rescind allowed me to enjoy the rest of my vacation.

Two days later I put a certified letter in the mail canceling the contract, return receipt requested, along with copies of most of the documents they gave me, and the kindle in the mail. The contract was originally signed at the resort on 6/14. My letter went out in 6/18. My credit card was refunded on 7/1. I received the letter confirming cancellation on 7/5.

Thanks again for helping me avoid a massive financial mistake!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Rescind. You can buy 44k points with SVV 1 bedroom for $750 or 81k points SVV 2 bedrooms for $1500 on ebay.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Rescind. You can buy 44k points with SVV 1 bedroom for $750 or 81k points SVV 2 bedrooms for $1500 on ebay.
That 1500 on eBay makes you pay 1300 for 2019 maint fee which is insane! By the time the unit closed you’ll have 3 months to use options and it’s too late to bank them. Terms are non negotiable. Boy oh boy

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
A 44,000 Sheraton Flex contract sold about a week ago on EBay for only $1. Another 57,100 EOY one that was all in at $75 didn't get any bids.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't seen any 1BR SVV Units on ebay in a while. One sold a while back, but it was listed wrong as a prime season when it was really only high. I have been on the lookout for 1BR SVV weeks and the shelves seem pretty bare at the moment.