• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind letter

hreiss1221

Reaction score
Trying to write my rescind letter but I can't find anywhere where it needs to be sent, I would like to fax it as well as send certified return receipt so I need the address as well as the fax number if any of you have it from recently. Thank you so much

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission department (P.O. Box 94443, Las Vegas, Nevada 89193) Sorry, can't help with a fax number, but it would have no legal weight anyway.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
In most states, the Cancellation clause is in your contract, and it usually is around the signature page. Sometimes it is a separate form that you had to sign, acknowledging receipt.

meoi100

Reaction score
The address above is correct. I live in Florida and purchased timeshare in Branson, MO. I canceled my contract the next day to Nevada address. I got all my refund back within about a week, no problem.

sherken470

Reaction score
I have a problem trying to rescind. Today is my last day, and it’s a Sunday!!! I can’t get it post marked. Any suggestions?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a problem trying to rescind. Today is my last day, and it’s a Sunday!!! I can’t get it post marked. Any suggestions?
Send it first thing tomorrow. If the last day is Sunday, it doesn't count. You'll be fine.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to be doubly sure, here's a thread on this topic that
mentions two *different* Wyndham FAX numbers for rescissions.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/fax-or-mail-cancellation-notice-which-is-best.276282/

I would do *both* USPS ASAP and FAX, just in case. You should have
received specific instructions (state-dependent), maybe including a FAX,
in your contract documents.

I'm so paranoid that under your circumstances, I might spend the extra
time to find a FEDEX or UPS office open on Sunday to send a *third*
copy of the letter with the delivery service equivalent of a dated postmark.
If you choose this option, make sure you have a non-POBox address for
the carrier to deliver to.

(There are even some USPS offices open on Sunday in very big cities.)

Good luck with your rescission and welcome to TUG!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Absolutely fax it and email it to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com.

407-903-4718
407-903-4862

But try to find a post office ... many times airport locations are your best bet.

Last edited:

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how fast it gets there. All that matters from
a legal standpoint is when it was mailed - hence the postmark.

The USPS copy *should* be sent by a mechanism that guarantees
tracking and proof (by the postoffice) of delivery to the correct
address. I think that's called Certified these days. Many here
recommend you don't bother with Return Receipt, since
that forces Wyndham's pickup agent to do something - and all you
really need is a record that you sent it to the correct address on
such-and-such a date. The postal clerk will show you a tracking
number you can use online to see that it got there.

https://www.usps.com/ship/insurance-extra-services.htm

sherken470

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how fast it gets there. All that matters from
a legal standpoint is when it was mailed - hence the postmark.

The USPS copy *should* be sent by a mechanism that guarantees
tracking and proof (by the postoffice) of delivery to the correct
address. I think that's called Certified these days. Many here
recommend you don't bother with Return Receipt, since
that forces Wyndham's pickup agent to do something - and all you
really need is a record that you sent it to the correct address on
such-and-such a date. The postal clerk will show you a tracking
number you can use online to see that it got there.

https://www.usps.com/ship/insurance-extra-services.htm
I do understand postmark, but you cannot postmark on a Sunday. That is why I posted the question.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Herein is the challenge. Your contract contains the terms of your contractual right - as required by the laws of the state the contract was signed in - to rescind your purchase. Your failure to adhere to the terms of that right opens the door for Wyndham to enforce the contract. So always follow the terms of the contract to the best of your ability.

Documentary evidence of your communication is key. Which is a question of good, better, best.

And Certified mail is the best evidence in the eyes of current law.

sherken470

Reaction score
Herein is the challenge. Your contract contains the terms of your contractual right - as required by the laws of the state the contract was signed in - to rescind your purchase. Your failure to adhere to the terms of that right opens the door for Wyndham to enforce the contract. So always follow the terms of the contract to the best of your ability.

Documentary evidence of your communication is key. Which is a question of good, better, best.

And Certified mail is the best evidence in the eyes of current law.
I did send it fedex on Sunday as a long-shot although I realized I should send via certified mail. Called, faxed my letter and also sent on Monday via certified mail.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did send it fedex on Sunday as a long-shot although I realized I should send via certified mail. Called, faxed my letter and also sent on Monday via certified mail.
Might be overkill, but at least they can't say you were unclear about wanting out. Now the hard part starts. The w-a-i-t-i-n-g! They are under no obligation to notify you of receipt of your letter(s), the progress of the rescission, or when your refund posts to your credit card. Furthermore, you may get calls from the sales weasel, and/or a 'Welcome to Wyndham' letter or package.

Jim

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you will be fine. As pass notes above - you clearly communicated your decision to rescind.

Please report back with what happens next, so we are better equipped to help the next person who finds themself it this situation.

sherken470

Reaction score
I think you will be fine. As pass notes above - you clearly communicated your decision to rescind.

Please report back with what happens next, so we are better equipped to help the next person who finds themself it this situation.
Thank you All!!!! I got my letter via email tonight that my rescission has been approved. Hallelujah!!! Unfortunately, we were on vacation part of the time and came back home to the rat race of life, so we didn’t have time to look through everything right away. That is why we waited so long. Advice to others-check out the paperwork right away. After working 12 hours today and getting this news, I will sleep like a baby tonight. I am so grateful for this site!!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

For TUG, if you don’t mind our asking, how much was your TS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babykayzee

Reaction score
Rescission department (P.O. Box 94443, Las Vegas, Nevada 89193) Sorry, can't help with a fax number, but it would have no legal weight anyway.

Do I sent it to this address or the
wyndam vacation resort inc
6277 sea harbor dr.
Orlando Fl 32821
As they are the seller in the contract.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I sent it to this address or the
wyndam vacation resort inc
6277 sea harbor dr.
Orlando Fl 32821
As they are the seller in the contract.
No. Use the Las Vegas address.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
okay thank you!!!! I'm writing my letter right now. I will keep you posted.

If you don’t mind my asking, how much was your TS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been more than a week, since I sent my rescind letter, but I still haven't heard from them yet. I still get this Wyndham e-mail tough. Should I do something? Still worried. Thanks.
They are NOT required to tell you anything. And it may take up to 45 days to get your refund. You might get 'Welcome to Wyndham' type mail/email. As long as your rescission letter was postmarked within the allowable rescission period, they have NO CHOICE but to process it.

RELAX!!!

Go celebrate!

Buy me a beer for saving you $1000's. I'll be at the bar.

Jim