• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind additional credits purchased from WorldMark by Wyndham

alex22ca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Ok with my original 6k I bought 20 years ago! I did a bad thing by buying additional credits (6k) and being duped into Travelshare (just a few days ago). I read how to rescind (5 days in Nevada), but have questions I could not find answers to:
  1. Do I need to mail a copy of the complete DocuSign (41 pages) in addition to my cancellation letter?
    1. If yes, should I print one-side or double-sided?
  2. When mailing to PO box with same-day delivery can I still use "return receipt requested"?
  3. Should I Email the broker on the DocuSign a copy of USPS certified mail info along with an Email stating the same cancellation?
Thanks!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You do not have to mail the entire contract. Just a letter saying you wish to rescind and provide the contract number or a copy of the first page. You do not have to pay for same day delivery you just have to have proof of mailing by the 5th day. So just send it certified mail and keep your reciept that shows when you mailed it. Everyone who signed the contract must sign the recession letter. You can also email the recession if it makes you feel better, but it is not required unless your contract states otherwise, mail is what is required.

alex22ca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
I received confirmation from USPS that my rescind letter was received on 7/16/21. As of today I've only received multiple generic calls about how I can sell my ownership in full, not specific to rescind. It's now 10 days since delivery and still no Email, letter, or call directly related to rescind. I still have not received a refund on my two credit cards either. What should I do next?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Ok with my original 6k I bought 20 years ago! I did a bad thing by buying additional credits (6k) and being duped into Travelshare (just a few days ago). I read how to rescind (5 days in Nevada), but have questions I could not find answers to:
  1. Do I need to mail a copy of the complete DocuSign (41 pages) in addition to my cancellation letter?
  2. When mailing to PO box with same-day delivery can I still use "return receipt requested"?
  3. Should I Email the broker on the DocuSign a copy of USPS certified mail info along with an Email stating the same cancellation?
Thanks!
What does is say in your contract? It has to be exact. The PO box would make me nervous, but you can still send it certified. Get rid of it and buy resale. I picked up 14,000 points full loaded for $1100.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I received confirmation from USPS that my rescind letter was received on 7/16/21. As of today I've only received multiple generic calls about how I can sell my ownership in full, not specific to rescind. It's now 10 days since delivery and still no Email, letter, or call directly related to rescind. I still have not received a refund on my two credit cards either. What should I do next?
Thanks in advance for your help!
They are not obligated to reply that they received your rescission letter. Just to issue a refund of any monies paid. It may take them a while (up to 30 days) to do that.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Patience. It will take 30 - 45 days for a refund. Do not answer any calls and do not call them.

alex22ca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Thanks again everyone!
Today I received an Email from them via DocuSign that states the following:

We received your request to update your contract.

Please click on the REVIEW DOCUMENT yellow button to review the linked document and sign electronically. All signatures must be collected within 30 days. If the entirety is not completed in that timeframe, the process will be re-started and you will need to make the $299 payment to redraft.

The document will automatically route to everyone one by one until all signatures are collected in the order in which they appear on the document.

Once everyone has signed, you will receive a copy for your records and an additional copy will be automatically forwarded to Title Services so that we may update our system. It will take up to 30 days for the system to be updated. Once it’s completed, you will receive a confirmation letter via mail.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me so that I can further assist you.

Thank you,

Upon clicking the DocuSign link, it asks me to verify my identity via Passport or Photo ID. Email was VERY vague! Should I proceed?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There should be nothing additional to sign when rescinding your purchase. I would likely ignore it. Perhaps something wasn't completed correctly when you signed the first time? Again, probably best to ignore if you sent your rescission based on the instructions in the contract you had. Signing something new could restart the purchase.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Thanks again everyone!
Today I received an Email from them via DocuSign that states the following:

We received your request to update your contract.

Please click on the REVIEW DOCUMENT yellow button to review the linked document and sign electronically. All signatures must be collected within 30 days. If the entirety is not completed in that timeframe, the process will be re-started and you will need to make the $299 payment to redraft.

The document will automatically route to everyone one by one until all signatures are collected in the order in which they appear on the document.

Once everyone has signed, you will receive a copy for your records and an additional copy will be automatically forwarded to Title Services so that we may update our system. It will take up to 30 days for the system to be updated. Once it’s completed, you will receive a confirmation letter via mail.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me so that I can further assist you.

Thank you,

Upon clicking the DocuSign link, it asks me to verify my identity via Passport or Photo ID. Email was VERY vague! Should I proceed?
What does the document itself say? I agree with dioxide45, don’t sign it - at least without being very certain that it says you’re rescinding your recent purchase. And I’ll be very surprised if that’s what it does say, because your letter should be the only document you needed to sign in order to rescind. The fact that the email says it to “update your contract” suggests to me that it’s part of the purchase, not the rescission.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
There should be nothing additional to sign when rescinding your purchase. I would likely ignore it. Perhaps something wasn't completed correctly when you signed the first time? Again, probably best to ignore if you sent your rescission based on the instructions in the contract you had. Signing something new could restart the purchase.
I tend to agree. I smell a rat.

George

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This department may not yet know that you have rescinded. No one else has mentioned a "docusign" when they have rescinded.

alex22ca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Turns out it was another department to add a new co-owner to my account only. I declined to sign it.

At this time I still have not received anything about my rescind letter delivered on 7/15/21. Should I just be patient or should I send an additional letter, send an email, or try and calling someone?

I appreciate the feedback!

alex22ca

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Tried sending an email to the person who processed the new contract. Of course, the response was to call the general number for Worldmark - yikes! At this point, I guess all I can do is file disputes with my two credit cards. Any other recommendations?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thanks!
@alex22ca We hope that your rescission issues get resolved. Solely to track TUG rescissions savings, mind sharing the purchase price of your TS? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.