• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a case of buyers remorse
Good to know we do have something in common. I also buy resale, saving thousands over a developer purchase.
You quoted me saying I bought resells. If you didn’t know or understand that I own resell contracts besides developer contracts, you need to slow down reading post & understand what your reading before continuously posting inane post.

We’ve both mentioned resellers that we’ve purchased from.
I kinda think you’ve purchased from Sumday

We didn’t have buyers remorse but Wyndham should of had sellers remorse for not selling us what we toured with absolutely no mention of RG

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your purchase was rescinded why? Wyndham pulling a fast one on you and changed the resort you thought you were purchasing at or you found tug and resales? Would you say this is a example of Wyndham helping owners like you have stated in previous posts or was this just daze and confuse as what happens at most presentations?

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham pulling a fast one on you and changed the resort you thought you were purchasing at
Slloowww down & comprehend what you read. Wyndham didn’t pull a fast one on us, what part did you not understand that my wife caught RG before we signed the contract & left. If that didn’t happen I wouldn’t of been searching for info on RG finding TUG in the process. Do you understand that?
Would you say this is a example of Wyndham helping owners like you have stated in previous posts or was is just daze and confuse as what happens at most presentations?
I would say that when I received the call trying to get us not to rescind that Wyndham offered to help us while helping themselves also by offering to change the RG contract for a WBW contract.

Do I think Wyndham always helps owners? No!! Have I said that? No!! Do you understand those answers?
Do I think Wyndham helps owners at times? Yes!!

Do you think Wyndham ever helps owners?
You started to say yes ounce but then back peddled!!

What part of- we left knowing exactly what we purchased- did you not understand since your asking again?

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dazed and confused is signing a contract to purchase knowing it was not the resort discussed. Add to it you found tug and resales then rescinded tells me you bought without doing your due diligence. But you dissed many for buying on the cheap. Which you admit to doing when you buy resale.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve pointed out that some free resell contracts aren’t the best resell deals & it’s usually a better deal to pay more upfront maybe even paying thousands for low MF resell contracts when buying a resell contract.
If you call that “you dissed many for buying on the cheap”. I’ll plead Guilty & stand by math!!

This is pointless & I’m done. I know & understand what I’ve posted & what you’ve posted

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve pointed out that some free resell contracts aren’t the best resell deals & it’s usually a better deal to pay more upfront maybe even paying thousands for low MF resell contracts when buying a resell contract.
If you call that “you dissed many for buying on the cheap”. I’ll plead Guilty & stand by math!!

This is pointless & I’m done. I know & understand what I’ve posted
What works for you or me may not work for others. Try to be respectful of others opinions even if you disagree. It may help others in a different financial position.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What part of Richelles statement “I got all of 2019” do you not understand?
Wyndham could’ve sat on the transfer until October 1st then given Richelle full points from October 2 to December 31, 2019
The end result is the same in Richelles situation or do you want to claim I’m using Wyndham math?
Use year points go by the end date, whether it’s September 30 or December 31 we’re talking about 2019 use year points or is that to confusing for you like the Wyndham Sales Offices confuse & daze you? I’ve never left a sales office dazed & confused myself!!

DGALATI was referring to the fact that Richelle's use year "when the contract transferred" (September 27) was Oct 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019. When the contract re-alignment took place, the October 1 - December 31, 2018 points would've been "expired" once they were recharacterized as 2018 calendar use year points. But she'd already moved those points into RCI. This may or may not have caused a negative balance in her account.

It has happened to me more than once - and yes - Wyndham took points that had been paid for as of the realignment date. (Between 25% - 75% of the use year points would've been taken and "expired" depending on the contract's use year that was added). In my case, it was 75% recharacterized and then "expired" upon realignment.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
DGALATI was referring to the fact that Richelle's use year "when the contract transferred" (September 27) was Oct 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019. When the contract re-alignment took place, the October 1 - December 31, 2018 points would've been "expired" once they were recharacterized as 2018 calendar use year points. But she'd already moved those points into RCI. This may or may not have caused a negative balance in her account.

It has happened to me more than once - and yes - Wyndham took points that had been paid for as of the realignment date. (Between 25% - 75% of the use year points would've been taken and "expired" depending on the contract's use year that was added). In my case, it was 75% recharacterized and then "expired" upon realignment.
Wyndham makes it right by letting you use the points that would have expired April 1st until Dec 31st. :shrug:No proration of points is only good for Wyndham.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
DGALATI was referring to the fact that Richelle's use year "when the contract transferred" (September 27) was Oct 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019. When the contract re-alignment took place, the October 1 - December 31, 2018 points would've been "expired" once they were recharacterized as 2018 calendar use year points.
Your facts are wrong.
The last of any 2018 use year points expired on December 31, 2018.
Richelle received all 2019 points & the points are good from September 27, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
Full year points for 3 months 3 days of MFs, how is that robbing points from Richelle

If I was Wyndham I would start sitting on contracts until the use year points expire & then prorate the points. If Wyndham did that Richelle would’ve received 75% less points & then listen to you 2 cry about how long Transfers take.

We know the rules so be a knowledgeable buyer & adjust your purchase price.
We have two confirmed reports from Richelle & paxsarah that Wyndham transferred contracts into their accounts within a week or two of points expiring. It sounds like they’re happy while you two want to cry foul!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should we as buyers reject points when Wyndham transfers contracts with full points even though the seller says there’s no current use year points??

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points expiring Sept 31st are considered 2019 points, points that were to be issued Oct 1st are considered 2020 points and are pushed into a Jan 1st use year start. So by extending 2019 points for 3,6 or 9 months you feel its fair that 3, 6 or 9 months of points are not prorated? It a huge benefit to Wyndham. I get your point if contract transferred 1 day after new use year start you still have use of 2019 points until the end of the year but when transfer takes place before use year end it is a loss of points plain and simple. I have changed and adjusted my strategy knowing Wyndham has stopped the proration of points on a use year alignment. I Also know new policy is all points transfer to new owner even if last owner used current use year points creating a negative balance for seller.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So by extending 2019 points for 3,6 or 9 months you feel its fair that 3, 6 or 9 months of points are not prorated? It a huge benefit to Wyndham
Yes I think that is fair!
Whether it’s 3,6 or 9 months as long as the buyer is getting full 2019 points it’s more favorable to the new owner than Wyndham.
Wyndham is giving Richelle full points for the 2019 use year.
Richelle is better off with full points than even if Wyndham went back to July 1st & prorated points.
How is that a huge benefit to Wyndham?

Do you want points prorated for 3,6 or 9 months or full points for the use year in question ? Wyndham currently gives full points!!!!!!

Yes Wyndham is doing the new owner a favor & you don’t like that!!!!!!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me make it even simpler for you.
You buy a contract with a April 1, 2019 use year start, use year ends March 31, 2020
The contract transfers on May 1, 2019.

Wyndham realigns the use so it ends December 31, 2019 with full 2019 points.
Wyndham just backed up the current use year by 3 months. They didn’t extend it 9 months.

So do you want 75% percent of the use year points prorated ending December 31, 2019 or would you rather have 100% of the use year points ending on December 31, 2019? Wyndham currently gives the new owner 100% ending 31, 2019

Yes again Wyndham is doing the new owner a favor & you’d rather have Wyndham not do the new owner a favor!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me make it even simpler for you.
You buy a contract with a April 1, 2019 use year start, use year ends March 31, 2020
The contract transfers on May 1, 2019.

Wyndham realigns the use so it ends December 31, 2019 with full 2019 points.
Wyndham just backed up the current use year by 3 months. They didn’t extend it 9 months.

So do you want 75% percent of the use year points prorated ending December 31, 2019 or would you rather have 100% of the use year points ending on December 31, 2019? Wyndham currently gives the new owner 100% ending 31, 2019

Yes again Wyndham is doing the new owner a favor & you’d rather have Wyndham not do the new owner a favor!!!!!!!!
Yes in this situation it works to new owners favor. When the new owner gets jacked is if deed is transferred before use year start. I compare your analogy of this being fair to Wyndham's new policy when buying a developer deed in July and points not being available until Jan 1st as reported by a few on TUG. New rules in place learn how to make them work to your benefit.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am not in the negative for 2019 if it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not in the negative for 2019 if it matters.

Seller of points will be negative if they used current use year points. Buyer now receives all points even if seller has used all points.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes in this situation it works to new owners favor. When the new owner gets jacked is if deed is transferred before use year start. I compare your analogy of this being fair to Wyndham's new policy when buying a developer deed in July and points not being available until Jan 1st as reported by a few on TUG. New rules in place learn how to make them work to your benefit.
Ok Use my above example with a contract that transferred March 1, 2019 with March 31, 2019 use year end.
Wyndham realigns the end of the use year to December 31, 2019 with full 2019. Your are still getting full 2019 points. If Wyndham prorated the points for 10 months you still don’t get full 2019 points.

Your wanting double 2019 use year points. You want full 2019 points for a month & then another full set of 2019 points for 9 months.

Wyndham will never give you double 2019 points & you shouldn’t be complaining about not getting double use year points.

This thread & topic is on resells only.
But I will tell you on new purchases from Wyndham.
I went through use year realignment when Voyager was being launched so all use years started January 1.
I then bought up to Platinum in January or February & Wyndham had the use year starting July 1st & no points available until July 1st. That’s when I went back & called BS!! The use year & points change the way they should be or we rescind. That’s when it was corrected within an hour

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I woke up to a new contract in my account. Wyndham didn't have both sets of paperwork two weeks ago today. But today the contract showed up. So door to door in about 3 months. I'm very pleased.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I woke up to a new contract in my account. Wyndham didn't have both sets of paperwork two weeks ago today. But today the contract showed up. So door to door in about 3 months. I'm very pleased.

Glad someone is getting things moved sooner than 4 months.

With only one exception, mine have been MUCH longer. Granted whenever there's an issue with Wyndham not having the appropriate sequence of title changes, it starts all over once the seller provides the sequence of title changes.

But it's been issues well beyond just that. They've lost the paperwork, refused to open an email from the closing company when notified that it's in their inbox, etc. Then it's we lost the IDs of buyer / seller, so please resend. Some must be going to the desk of people always on vacation, medical, etc. :ponder:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
LT Transfers received both of the recorded deeds for the resale contracts I am purchasing today and will send them to Wyndham today. The email to me said it may take 15-18 weeks for Wyndham to complete the transfer. Couple questions for those of you familiar with this process:
1. Will Wyndham notify me when they receive the deeds? I'm thinking the answer is no but wanted to ask.
2. What department and phone number at Wyndham can I call to check on progress, ask questions, etc.? Does anyone think it helps to call and act nice?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers received both of the recorded deeds for the resale contracts I am purchasing today and will send them to Wyndham today. The email to me said it may take 15-18 weeks for Wyndham to complete the transfer. Couple questions for those of you familiar with this process:
1. Will Wyndham notify me when they receive the deeds? I'm thinking the answer is no but wanted to ask.
2. What department and phone number at Wyndham can I call to check on progress, ask questions, etc.? Does anyone think it helps to call and act nice?
No Wyndham will not contact you when they receive the deeds. 10 - 12 weeks is the current wait time for ownership to transfer once Wyndham receives the deed. You can call Wyndham 800-251-8736 ext. 2 then ext. 3 this will get you to title services. You will need the contract numbers to ask where it is in the transfer process. Wyndham will send you a letter about 2 weeks after it shows in your account, if you are already a Wyndham owner you can check daily to see if it has transferred.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
No Wyndham will not contact you when they receive the deeds. 10 - 12 weeks is the current wait time for ownership to transfer once Wyndham receives the deed. You can call Wyndham 800-251-8736 ext. 2 then ext. 3 this will get you to title services. You will need the contract numbers to ask where it is in the transfer process. Wyndham will send you a letter about 2 weeks after it shows in your account, if you are already a Wyndham owner you can check daily to see if it has transferred.

When you call to check the status, they often ask for the name, address, email, and/or phone number of the original owner. Every once in a while you get someone who will go just off the owner name and contract number, but not often.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I thought I’d wait a couple weeks and call just to verify they have it in the pipeline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks. I thought I’d wait a couple weeks and call just to verify they have it in the pipeline.

That I think they will verify, but I wouldn’t count on much else. I have two resales left to go. The most recent was Margaritaville and it took 10 weeks but there was no deed. I gave away a Branson contract and it took almost 12 weeks. One of the resales coming to me, Canterbury, is in it’s 9th week. I’m not expecting it before the first full week in November. Depending on if you have a deed or not, that should be your approximate timeline. However, we are entering busy season. If it’s not there in 12 weeks, ask the closing company to check the status. If they are doing their job, they should already be checking the status on a regular basis.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will do. Thanks for the additional info. They both are deeded properties so I’ll stay in touch with LT Transfers, also. They have been great to work with so far.