• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
So, turns out, they added one of the original owners to MY account. They have a ticket in to get her removed.
How hard can it be to get this right? Sheesh!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have two contracts with previous owners on it. Who did the ticket for you?

The owner care rep I spoke too called their help desk to place a ticket.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

You’re not kidding. They must have a ton of newbies or something. This makes no sense.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two contracts with previous owners on it. Who did the ticket for you?
You might of just answered the question on why Wyndham is blocking your transfers. If you haven’t notified Wyndham on previous owners still on your account, that might be what flagged your account. Wyndham thinks your trying to get resell contracts to count towards VIP tiers

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had a deed transfer out. Wyndham recieved Dec 16th. Transfered March 13th. About 12 weeks .

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is my theory, from my crazy issue with not getting names correctly on our account. Our issue has been going on for several years and multiple IT tickets. Originally it was a sibling who never uses the account so I basically let it slide. Now I'm missing 2 more owners and it's a bigger issue for me (I have to call for manual overrides when the missing owners use the account). Thankfully, I have a ticket number they can refer to and that made the most recent time a half hour call instead of a two hour call.

I think that names on the deeds are first entered into a title records system. That system must interface to what we call voyager and they must not be able to manually update it. And it must not work all that great - maybe special characters cause issues, definitely issue with middle names (being ignored so they think first name / last names are duplicates). I used to think, why don't you just add them if you can confirm the names on the deeds are correct (which they have done). But now I've decided it's the feed into voyager that is likely broken. That said, I don't understand why they haven't been able to fix that.

Every so often I get emails addressed to old owners (it's been a while, but just saying somehow they were still lurking in some database somewhere - they aren't on my account when I look online at myclubwyndham.com). At first glance you think it's a data input issue but I suspect it's more complicated (still not excusable) in an interface or two.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is my theory, from my crazy issue with not getting names correctly on our account. Our issue has been going on for several years and multiple IT tickets. Originally it was a sibling who never uses the account so I basically let it slide. Now I'm missing 2 more owners and it's a bigger issue for me (I have to call for manual overrides when the missing owners use the account). Thankfully, I have a ticket number they can refer to and that made the most recent time a half hour call instead of a two hour call.

I think that names on the deeds are first entered into a title records system. That system must interface to what we call voyager and they must not be able to manually update it. And it must not work all that great - maybe special characters cause issues, definitely issue with middle names (being ignored so they think first name / last names are duplicates). I used to think, why don't you just add them if you can confirm the names on the deeds are correct (which they have done). But now I've decided it's the feed into voyager that is likely broken. That said, I don't understand why they haven't been able to fix that.

Every so often I get emails addressed to old owners (it's been a while, but just saying somehow they were still lurking in some database somewhere - they aren't on my account when I look online at myclubwyndham.com). At first glance you think it's a data input issue but I suspect it's more complicated (still not excusable) in an interface or two.
I agree with your conclusion. We have a completely different issue right now that I think supports that theory. Just briefly because I don’t want to hijack the thread; we checked out of Margaritaville Nashville Thursday morning after spending one night of a 4 night reservation because the event we were attending was cancelled due to the coronavirus. The desk clerk told us to call Owner Care to see if they would refund some points. Owner Care said they could not even see the reservation because we had checked in but we had not reached our checkout date yet. They told us to call back on Monday. I worked in IT for 35 years and that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

It’s annoying to have someone on your account who shouldn’t be, especially a stranger. I’m sure that former owner wants nothing to do with my account, but she should have never been added to my account to begin with. You are probably right on how it happened, by why cannot they delete the owner from my member number? I have an email into one of the Owner Care managers I’ve dealt with in the past, and he said he will look into it personally. Still no change.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It’s annoying to have someone on your account who shouldn’t be, especially a stranger. I’m sure that former owner wants nothing to do with my account, but she should have never been added to my account to begin with. You are probably right on how it happened, by why cannot they delete the owner from my member number? I have an email into one of the Owner Care managers I’ve dealt with in the past, and he said he will look into it personally. Still no change.
It's nuts. I sat with someone from owner care for over an hour at the owners meeting in November. I thought taking care of it in person would do the trick. The good thing that came from that is while we were sitting there she opened a ticket, so I actually have a ticket number to reference when I call. It sucks to try to explain to my brother-in-law why he isn't listed as an owner. I think he believes me now, but definitely a few 'how hard can this be' have been spoken.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to set up online account using old owners name with the contract number. You may be surprised that access to account may be there for the other names on the account.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is anything making it through with the quarantine?

I was told that they were working at home but paperwork was not allowed to leave the building. I also asked if the mail was piling up like letters to Santa and I was told that someone was getting the mail.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is anything making it through with the quarantine?

I was told that they were working at home but paperwork was not allowed to leave the building. I also asked if the mail was piling up like letters to Santa and I was told that someone was getting the mail.
I had last deed transfer out 2 weeks ago. It was 11 weeks from time Wyndham recieved. I have a Worldmark coming in thats within weeks of transferring I was told yesterday.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
We added our son to a deed and it just completed and showed up on our account yesterday. It took about 11 weeks from the time the title office received it.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I had a deed close about two weeks ago.

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasea @ Atlantic Palace
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Skyline & Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Access
My newest acquisition was just added to my account. It was exactly 10 weeks from the date Wyndham received the transfer documents.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had a deed arrive (that really was mine this time) in about 9 weeks. I was rather hoping for 15 weeks as I can't seem to use the points that I have, no less get a whole bunch more.

I'm missing an owner on the contract page. But then again, my contract page is an ABSOLUTE mess.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It's nuts. I sat with someone from owner care for over an hour at the owners meeting in November. I thought taking care of it in person would do the trick. The good thing that came from that is while we were sitting there she opened a ticket, so I actually have a ticket number to reference when I call. It sucks to try to explain to my brother-in-law why he isn't listed as an owner. I think he believes me now, but definitely a few 'how hard can this be' have been spoken.
Their name is STILL on my account. Title says it's an Owner Care issue because, on their side, she is not listed as an owner. Owner care says it's title. Here we go again.....This might require another email to Annie.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their name is STILL on my account. Title says it's an Owner Care issue because, on their side, she is not listed as an owner. Owner care says it's title. Here we go again.....This might require another email to Annie.

There is another system that they can see what we see. Owner Care CAN see my phantom owner when they access that system. On another note, they put my phantom on three contracts so they are blaming IT.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And I'm still missing an owner (but 2 of the 3 missing are now on, so progress (although it makes no sense)). I did get a follow up call yesterday, from ANOTHER new person watching my ticket. I think this is the 4th person that it's been assigned to (in owner care), which is very typical of other tickets I have - they outlast the employees (but I'm thankful someone is reassigned to follow up).

Sooner or later we'll get there.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
And I'm still missing an owner (but 2 of the 3 missing are now on, so progress (although it makes no sense)). I did get a follow up call yesterday, from ANOTHER new person watching my ticket. I think this is the 4th person that it's been assigned to (in owner care), which is very typical of other tickets I have - they outlast the employees (but I'm thankful someone is reassigned to follow up).

Sooner or later we'll get there.

I did email one of the senior managers from Owner care again. I had emailed him a couple of times over the past couple of months with no response. This time I Cc'ed Annie Roberts and finally got a reply. He apologized for the delayed response and everything I had to go through to get it resolved. He said he would look at it again to find out what was going on. We shall see.

I wish I knew what went into the whole transfer process. Then maybe I would understand why some of these issues happen. I know the basics, but none of the details. It has to be more than just human error. There has to be something in the process that causes some of these issues.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did email one of the senior managers from Owner care again. I had emailed him a couple of times over the past couple of months with no response. This time I Cc'ed Annie Roberts and finally got a reply. He apologized for the delayed response and everything I had to go through to get it resolved. He said he would look at it again to find out what was going on. We shall see.

I wish I knew what went into the whole transfer process. Then maybe I would understand why some of these issues happen. I know the basics, but none of the details. It has to be more than just human error. There has to be something in the process that causes some of these issues.
If Wyndham is the buyer third party it only takes 4-5 weeks total transfer time. From signing of purchase agreement to Wyndham transfering internally. I'm pretty sure also when Wyndham is the buyer no phantom names are on their account . Just saying!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I found a problem related to a recent transfer just last week. The transfer was completed in February. Last week, I modified a reservation and put it in my wife’s name. In a few minutes, I received an email from the former owner. He had received the confirmation email and forwarded it to me. I searched the site to see if I could find the problem and I couldn’t find anything. I called owner care and the rep said he could see that the former owner’s email address was assigned to my wife but he couldn’t find any way to change it either. He checked with his supervisor and was told to transfer me to Financial Services. I explained the problem to the person there and she said she couldn’t discuss it with me, she would have to talk to my wife who I explained was on another phone call. She then started asking me questions but also insisted there was nothing wrong or even if there was, she couldn’t change it, Owner Care would have to do that. Finally, my wife became available and I got her on the phone. The person continued to say she couldn’t see anything wrong but couldn’t change it anyway. Finally, all of a sudden, she asked for my wife’s email address and made the update. It was like pulling teeth, but it finally got done.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I found a problem related to a recent transfer just last week. The transfer was completed in February. Last week, I modified a reservation and put it in my wife’s name. In a few minutes, I received an email from the former owner. He had received the confirmation email and forwarded it to me. I searched the site to see if I could find the problem and I couldn’t find anything. I called owner care and the rep said he could see that the former owner’s email address was assigned to my wife but he couldn’t find any way to change it either. He checked with his supervisor and was told to transfer me to Financial Services. I explained the problem to the person there and she said she couldn’t discuss it with me, she would have to talk to my wife who I explained was on another phone call. She then started asking me questions but also insisted there was nothing wrong or even if there was, she couldn’t change it, Owner Care would have to do that. Finally, my wife became available and I got her on the phone. The person continued to say she couldn’t see anything wrong but couldn’t change it anyway. Finally, all of a sudden, she asked for my wife’s email address and made the update. It was like pulling teeth, but it finally got done.

Wow, that is frustrating. They’ve been making positive strides in a lot of places. Obviously Transfers isn’t one of them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If Wyndham is the buyer third party it only takes 4-5 weeks total transfer time. From signing of purchase agreement to Wyndham transfering internally. I'm pretty sure also when Wyndham is the buyer no phantom names are on their account . Just saying!

Not sure about phantom names. I would not expect they would advertise that anyway so it could have happened. I suspect ovations transfers and transfers where Wyndham bought the contract are handled by a different teams, but I’m not sure. For all we know there are a few ups there to, but it doesn’t get advertised.