• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Will do. Thanks for the additional info. They both are deeded properties so I’ll stay in touch with LT Transfers, also. They have been great to work with so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I worked with them as well. I remember finding out from Wyndham that they had called to check the status of my transfer, so they are doing their job. Definitely no complaints here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
LT transfers mailed the deed to Wyndham on 9/19 and said to expect 15-18 weeks
So I guess in January I might see the points in my account

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
What are the recent times for transfers? I know what they say but how is it really going?

I purchased a resale off Ebay on 22 July. Everything was submitted to Wyndham on 2 August and ww were notified by the transfer company that Wyndham had completed the transfer on 16 October. We were out of town but called Wyndham today for the Member # and registered on the Wyndham site. They said we should have the RCI account set up by mid-week.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Canterbury got my account today just a couple days shy of the 11 week mark. An improvement. One more to go.

Now I just have to rent them out. I could put them in RCI but don’t like the idea of spending $239 to book. If I knew we were traveling to a place with no Wyndham, I might, if that place had an RCI resort. I may end up having to put them there anyway.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Canterbury got my account today just a couple days shy of the 11 week mark. An improvement. One more to go.

Now I just have to rent them out. I could put them in RCI but don’t like the idea of spending $239 to book. If I knew we were traveling to a place with no Wyndham, I might, if that place had an RCI resort. I may end up having to put them there anyway.

I'm with you on RCI, I had the same thing when my contracts transferred and decided to deposit them. There can be some deals if you put in the time for searches. If you value your time as money then it ends up not being much of a deal. Also if you find what you want grab it at least for the 24 hour courtesy to think about it or IT WILL be gone tomorrow.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm with you on RCI, I had the same thing when my contracts transferred and decided to deposit them. There can be some deals if you put in the time for searches. If you value your time as money then it ends up not being much of a deal. Also if you find what you want grab it at least for the 24 hour courtesy to think about it or IT WILL be gone tomorrow.

Thanks. I have so much vacation planned next year. I would not be able to use it until the second year unless someone else wants it.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

That seemed faster than it was. Funny how things look faster when they aren't your contracts. lol

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The 2 contracts I’m in the process of buying were sent priority mail by LT Transfers to Wyndham on 10/16. I called Wyndham’s Title Dept today to see if they have been received. The person I spoke to said they have not but that it can take up to 10 business days for them to show received once Wyndham has them. I assume they should have received them either on Friday, 10/18 or the following Monday. So, technically, they may have only had them for 7-8 business days. I’ll check again on Friday or Monday and then contact LT if Wyndham still doesn’t have them.

The person I spoke with said once received, if no problems, they are currently completing the transfers in 10-12 weeks.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it takes so long. Is it to hinder and harass resell sellers and buyer? Does Wyndham only have 1 or 2 people processing all resell paperwork? Is there some sort of quality control process involved? Do deeds have to be verified with the associated asscessors' office? Anyone know of have an idea of why it takes so long?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it takes so long. Is it to hinder and harass resell sellers and buyer? Does Wyndham only have 1 or 2 people processing all resell paperwork? Is there some sort of quality control process involved? Do deeds have to be verified with the associated asscessors' office? Anyone know of have an idea of why it takes so long?

Last edited:

Anw015

Reaction score
I started 9/20 and was told by the transfer company its due to close 11/22. I am quite surprised after reading how many waited monthssssss but fingers crossed it does. Means I may get a summer vacation planned in time!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started 9/20 and was told by the transfer company its due to close 11/22. I am quite surprised after reading how many waited monthssssss but fingers crossed it does. Means I may get a summer vacation planned in time!

Has it been recorded in your name yet?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think that it takes so long because it goes through legal review. I had an A&A coming in and going out as well as a deeded contract. My A&A coming in was the fastest. The one going out was about two weeks behind that. Legal is done before A&A are sent out. My deeded one is still nowhere to be found even though it recorded 10 weeks ago. That being said, I think that since it is going to a new owner that it has it's own time line.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’m not sure. Is that another process in itself?

The closing company has you fill out paperwork first. Then they record a new deed of its deeded. If it’s a CWA contract, there is no deed. You just signed an A&A and it gets sent to Wyndham. Bendadin is asking if the closing company recorded the new deed yet. You would have to find out from them if they have recorded a new deed. They then have to send the new deed to Wyndham for the transfer. The 10-12 week clock does not start, until Wyndham receives the paperwork including the new deed or signed A&A. Whichever applies.

Anw015

Reaction score
The closing company has you fill out paperwork first. Then they record a new deed of its deeded. If it’s a CWA contract, there is no deed. You just signed an A&A and it gets sent to Wyndham. Bendadin is asking if the closing company recorded the new deed yet. You would have to find out from them if they have recorded a new deed. They then have to send the new deed to Wyndham for the transfer. The 10-12 week clock does not start, until Wyndham receives the paperwork including the new deed or signed A&A. Whichever applies.

Well Nevermind lol I’ll just keep on waiting. I mean I expected months anyhow so no biggie. Thanks for the timeline breakdown!

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
I purchased a resale off Ebay on 22 July. Everything was submitted to Wyndham on 2 August and ww were notified by the transfer company that Wyndham had completed the transfer on 16 October. We were out of town but called Wyndham today for the Member # and registered on the Wyndham site. They said we should have the RCI account set up by mid-week.
The RCI account finally showed up this morning. Had to call Wyndham again last week to get it set up as their response was no one had put in a request to do so.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I called today to check the status on 2 contracts I’m purchasing. All I could get was that Wyndham received the contracts on 10/23 and they are “in process” and it can take up to 12 weeks. So, it’s been only 5 and I don’t really know any more than I did before I called. The lady I spoke with was very nice , just wouldn’t , or couldn’t , give any details. So, we wait.

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Bought resale on Ebay Aug 27th, it was in Wyndhams hands sept 25. Still nothing. Kingsgate location. Bob

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I called today to check the status on 2 contracts I’m purchasing. All I could get was that Wyndham received the contracts on 10/23 and they are “in process” and it can take up to 12 weeks. So, it’s been only 5 and I don’t really know any more than I did before I called. The lady I spoke with was very nice , just wouldn’t , or couldn’t , give any details. So, we wait.

That’s a pretty standard response unfortunately. I do nit think the rep could see anymore then what she told you. I think somethings are shielded from other departments.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Bought resale on Ebay Aug 27th, it was in Wyndhams hands sept 25. Still nothing. Kingsgate location. Bob

Still waiting on one they have had since September 30th. I would imagine it will be late next month.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
12 weeks last one tranfered in about a month ago.

I have not forgotten about the question about transfer times you wanted me to ask. I did ask Annie in my email to her. She briefly mentioned in her reply today, that she would have to see what their service level agreement was with those versus Ovations. It not her area, so I didn’t expect her to have a definite answer, but she acknowledged it and said she would try to get more information.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not forgotten about the question about transfer times you wanted me to ask. I did ask Annie in my email to her. She briefly mentioned in her reply today, that she would have to see what their service level agreement was with those versus Ovations. It not her area, so I didn’t expect her to have a definite answer, but she acknowledged it and said she would try to get more information.
Thank you. It just seems very Odd Wyndham can transfer a deed in 1 week after the deed is recorded if Wyndham is the buyer on a third party sale.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
LT transfers mailed the deed to Wyndham on 9/19 and said to expect 15-18 weeks
So I guess in January I might see the points in my account

Points showed up in my account this weekend. 10 weeks after LT mailed the deed. Faster than than I expected. Probably got lucky