• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Vistana purchases just closed - was able to bank options after deadline

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I just picked up an SVV Bella Platinum week and two WSJ Platinum Plus weeks in the last couple of months. The SVV one closed on June 3rd and the transfer was completed with Vistana on June 29th, so I was able to bank the remaining options before the deadline (resale only owner). The WSJ ones closed June 11th and didn't transfer with Vistana until July 7th, though, plus they marked them as non-VSN despite them being Virgin Grand weeks. I was able to get that fixed with a call to Vistana and they let me bank the options for those weeks as well, making an exception for me for it being beyond the deadline due to the circumstances. It's worth asking if anyone else is in a similar situation. I wound up paying twice for the banking transactions, but am quite happy with the outcome.

Last edited:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
What is the current MF for standard two bedroom SVV I see ads with MF all over the place. I know the two bedroom standard and two bedroom lock off can both be 81k star options and the lock off has higher MF. Most sellers / brokers can’t or won’t answer the question if it’s an 81k gold lock off or an 81k plat standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
What is the current MF for standard two bedroom SVV I see ads with MF all over the place. I know the two bedroom standard and two bedroom lock off can both be 81k star options and the lock off has higher MF. Most sellers / brokers can’t or won’t answer the question if it’s an 81k gold lock off or an 81k plat standard.

You have to look at the week it’s deeded. Bella has different platinum weeks. My projected fees for next year for the lockout is 1750 and the standard 1250 (both platinum weeks)

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that excluding the vistana fee ?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that excluding the vistana fee ?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
SVV Bella 2br non-lockoff 2020 fees, not including VSN fee:

Maintenance Fee(s)1,117.37
Tax - If Applicable154.05

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There's a sticky thread on MFs for Vistana at:

It includes a link to a database with historical MFs:

I've updated the database with the MFs for my 2 BR non-lockoff SVV Bella and my 1 BR WSJ VGV for 2020. The Bella MF matches that posted by @echino above. I also populated the 2019 and 2018 MFs since they're listed through the Vistana website.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The 2 BR platinum lockoff gives you 95,700 SOs. Our MF (not including VSN fee) was about $1500 even last year.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The non lock off is a better value
For SO purposes 100% agree. If you're looking to trade in II, that changes things as you get two 1 BR units with the lockoff.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I picked up the non-lockoff 2 BR for SO purposes. Haven't tried trading anything from Vistana in II yet and I'm not sure I will because I've had good results using a 4 BR LO CWQ as a trader there for a lower MF. With that, I start out with two 2 BR weeks for about half the MF o an SVV 2 BR LO used as two 1 BR weeks. I probably miss a bit on potential exchanges without the preference, but I'm okay with that. I might change my mind after poking around a bit to see what the difference winds up being.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It’s actually not. The ratio of MF to SO is higher with the lockout. So you’re paying an additional 400 dollars for 14,700 more star options. Would you pay an annual maint fee of 400 for a unit that only gives you 14,700 star options? Probably not. If more interval trading is your goal along with star options there are better solutions in the vistana system.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It’s actually not. The ratio of MF to SO is higher with the lockout. So you’re paying an additional 400 dollars for 14,700 more star options. Would you pay an annual maint fee of 400 for a unit that only gives you 14,700 star options? Probably not. If more interval trading is your goal along with star options there are better solutions in the vistana system.

Now I'm getting a bit confused. For my 2 BR, I'm paying MF+taxes of $1271.42 and getting 81,000 SOs, so my cost is $0.0157 per SO. I don't know what the actual MF+taxes is for the 2 BR LO for SVV Bella; SVV Key West is listed as $1573.64 in the 2020 MF sticky by @CPNY and an SVV Bella 2 BR LO EOY is listed as $944 including SVN fees, which I believe would mean it's ~$789 per year or ~$1578 for the two years. Using $1575 as a rough guess, for 95,700 SOs, my estimate of the cost would be $0.0165 per SO. That does make me believe that the cost per SO is better for the non-lockoff 2 BR Platinum at SVV Bella; the marginal cost going from non-lockoff to lockout would be ~$300, which gives a marginal cost of about $0.02 per SO for the extra 14,700. That makes me think that the non-lockoff is a better value than the lockoff, particularly when looking at using the SOs in the Vistana system. It seems to me that there are less expensive MF Vistana resorts that aren't mandatory that could be better options for trading in Interval - that also saves the VSN membership cost, which I'm disregarding in this analysis. Am I missing something?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Now I'm getting a bit confused. For my 2 BR, I'm paying MF+taxes of $1271.42 and getting 81,000 SOs, so my cost is $0.0157 per SO. I don't know what the actual MF+taxes is for the 2 BR LO for SVV Bella; SVV Key West is listed as $1573.64 in the 2020 MF sticky by @CPNY and an SVV Bella 2 BR LO EOY is listed as $944 including SVN fees, which I believe would mean it's ~$789 per year or ~$1578 for the two years. Using $1575 as a rough guess, for 95,700 SOs, my estimate of the cost would be $0.0165 per SO. That does make me believe that the cost per SO is better for the non-lockoff 2 BR Platinum at SVV Bella; the marginal cost going from non-lockoff to lockout would be ~$300, which gives a marginal cost of about $0.02 per SO for the extra 14,700. That makes me think that the non-lockoff is a better value than the lockoff, particularly when looking at using the SOs in the Vistana system. It seems to me that there are less expensive MF Vistana resorts that aren't mandatory that could be better options for trading in Interval - that also saves the VSN membership cost, which I'm disregarding in this analysis. Am I missing something?
Nope, that’s about right. It’s why people love SDO resales as “strong little traders”. 2 one bedroom 44K SO combined are even better.... same MF as the 2 bedroom but you can trade one in interval and use the other for SO or exchange both etc.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm getting a bit confused. For my 2 BR, I'm paying MF+taxes of $1271.42 and getting 81,000 SOs, so my cost is $0.0157 per SO. I don't know what the actual MF+taxes is for the 2 BR LO for SVV Bella; SVV Key West is listed as $1573.64 in the 2020 MF sticky by @CPNY and an SVV Bella 2 BR LO EOY is listed as $944 including SVN fees, which I believe would mean it's ~$789 per year or ~$1578 for the two years. Using $1575 as a rough guess, for 95,700 SOs, my estimate..............

So just to clear this up, Yellowfin is correct, the non-lockoff is a better SO value, but marginally........