• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

resale price difference between Annual vs EOY

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a price difference between Annual vs EOY. If an Annual platinum 7000 points sells for 6K, will the EOY be 3K?

I am looking to buy an EOY, and looking for some guidance..

Thanks

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a price difference between Annual vs EOY. If an Annual platinum 7000 points sells for 6K, will the EOY be 3K?

I am looking to buy an EOY, and looking for some guidance..

Thanks

Generally EOY are about half the price of annuals. Sometimes a little less than half depending on demand.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I view EOY less than 50% of value to me. First, to be equal to annual I have to
cover 2x the transfer, recording, etc fees and taxes.

Second normally if on a point system like HGVC I do not have the flexibility of borrowing points from the next year.

Life is a negotiation so perhaps you will be fortunate to find what you want in a EOY for less than 50%.

Personally, EOY is not enough for me unless perhaps I was adding a door into
Westin while also owing at Marriott or HGVC. For a long time i was limited to only a two-week vacation.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Some value an EOY more if it is a location they specifically want to visit eoy. In a system that charges annual membership fees I would see it as having more value to current owners than to those new to the system.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I view EOY less than 50% of value to me. First, to be equal to annual I have to
cover 2x the transfer, recording, etc fees and taxes.

Second normally if on a point system like HGVC I do not have the flexibility of borrowing points from the next year.

Life is a negotiation so perhaps you will be fortunate to find what you want in a EOY for less than 50%.

Westin while also owing at Marriott or HGVC. For a long time i was limited to only a two-week vacation.

There are some advantages to EOY.

For example, I bought an EOY Even and ODD so I can borrow as needed (so now I have 4800 pts annual). If I get another EOY for 4800 pts, all of a sudden I have annual availability of 7200 pts...

Since buy in cost was less, and membership fee doesn't change, once the initial transfer/enrollment costs are paid, you are good to go.

Alternativly, if one was planning on using open season availability for travel, EOY might be the ticket (for example, 1 week at HGVC in Orlando is probably less than or equal to the MF for that same week).

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is exactly why I have almost ALL my ownerships in EOY. So they are worth more than 50% to me. I like to own several systems, and usually EOY are easier to pick up. If I were to adjust anything, it would be to get rid of some of my annual Shell points for the smallest Marriott points package, then buy additional points as needed. Or failing that, a small Hyatt package.