• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Presidential Reserve - Would I get Presidential Reserve Benefits?

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
"RARE" PRESIDENTIAL RESERVE, WYNDHAM CLEARWATER BEACH FL, 1,000,000 Points

Hi, this is up for sale on Ebay. If I purchased this would I get any benefits or would I just get 1,000,000 more points? I am already a Wyndham owner. Would I get a new account just for this Presidential Account? Thanks!

VacayKat

Reaction score
You would get the presidential reserve benefits when reserving presidential reserve suites, but not the benefits associated with VIP.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Being able to reserve presidential reserve suites - though they can be available to regular owners as well, just not with the perks. There is a thread here that you can look up to see the perks, I started it because I was curious. Probably better to read that than have me try to summarize. Search "presidential reserve".

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you're a VIP owner you WILL get those benefits on this PR. What you won't get is the registry collection. No great loss. Just make sure you include your owner number when you give them your other info if you get this.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're a VIP owner you WILL get those benefits on this PR. What you won't get is the registry collection. No great loss. Just make sure you include your owner number when you give them your other info if you get this.
I am a platinum VIP owner currently.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I am a platinum VIP owner currently.
Do you specifically need Clearwater ARP? The MF at that resort has been creeping up the past few years.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you specifically need Clearwater ARP? The MF at that resort has been creeping up the past few years.

Hubby and I had a quick chat about picking this up (I saw it before the fanfare began over here which is never a good thing BTW.) Those MF are certainly increasing there. A couple of years ago it wasn't so bad. The MF listed are off by about $100/yr. PR units at 14 months out would be a bite. Geez, discounted points at Clearwater are a bite. I've got 4 nights in May, no weekend, 2 Presidential, 35k per night. I will most likely cancel as I am too cheap to spend that much on one night.

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Hubby and I had a quick chat about picking this up (I saw it before the fanfare began over here which is never a good thing BTW.) Those MF are certainly increasing there. A couple of years ago it wasn't so bad. The MF listed are off by about $100/yr. PR units at 14 months out would be a bite. Geez, discounted points at Clearwater are a bite. I've got 4 nights in May, no weekend, 2 Presidential, 27k per night. I will most likely cancel as I am too cheap to spend that much on one night.

Give it like 5 more years and Clearwater will probably start to be available 10 months out pretty easily. The resort only has 1 pool and is across the street from the beach (not directly on it). Also, none of the room categories guarantee Ocean front. I don't think it's going to be that hard to book in the future because the point values are so high compared to other beaches in FL and you don't get a guaranteed view like PCB and Emerald Grande.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
"RARE" PRESIDENTIAL RESERVE, WYNDHAM CLEARWATER BEACH FL, 1,000,000 Points

Hi, this is up for sale on Ebay. If I purchased this would I get any benefits or would I just get 1,000,000 more points? I am already a Wyndham owner. Would I get a new account just for this Presidential Account? Thanks!
Unless you need ARP at Clearwater It may not be worth the PR benefits. Maintenance fees are a little high at this resort $7/1000. If you really need the ARP at this resort or want a PR room renting from a Presidential Reserve VIP may be a better option. I have stayed in quite a few PR rooms over the years but Clearwater by far was the nicest. Pay attention to the buyers feedback of the bidders. If you see bidders with less then 5-10 feedback running price up its probably a shill bidder. As of now it looks like some heavy weights are slugging it out. All 3 have a feedback score over 300.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give it like 5 more years and Clearwater will probably start to be available 10 months out pretty easily. The resort only has 1 pool and is across the street from the beach (not directly on it). Also, none of the room categories guarantee Ocean front. I don't think it's going to be that hard to book in the future because the point values are so high compared to other beaches in FL and you don't get a guaranteed view like PCB and Emerald Grande.

The 4 bedroom doesn't have an ocean front view. That stumped me.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
The 4 bedroom doesn't have an ocean front view. That stumped me.

Some of them do. When I was staying on the top floor last time I was there, the map said that the front unit was a 4 bedroom. Some are 2 bedrooms and some are 4 bedrooms in the front.

I'm picking up Myrtle Beach ARP so I don't have to deal with that lol. I know all of the 3 bedroom Presidential units in tower 3 are ocean front and cost 324,000/week during the 1st week of summer vacation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hubby and I had a quick chat about picking this up (I saw it before the fanfare began over here which is never a good thing BTW.) Those MF are certainly increasing there. A couple of years ago it wasn't so bad. The MF listed are off by about $100/yr. PR units at 14 months out would be a bite. Geez, discounted points at Clearwater are a bite. I've got 4 nights in May, no weekend, 2 Presidential, 35k per night. I will most likely cancel as I am too cheap to spend that much on one night.
A few years back I rented a one bedroom Presidential unit for 4 nights over a long 4th of July weekend. The cost was $690 all in or $150 a night plus the cost of a GC. It was booked in the discount window at 30 days out. This reservation would have cost me 210,000 points or around $1200 in maintenance fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would have the seller add my name to the deed with the current owner first, pay the transfer for your name to be added that way. Then LT Transfers can remove the name of the former owner, record the deed again, and pay another transfer fee to Wyndham. That is a way that can work to make sure you keep the benefits.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have the seller add my name to the deed with the current owner first, pay the transfer for your name to be added that way. Then LT Transfers can remove the name of the former owner, record the deed again, and pay another transfer fee to Wyndham. That is a way that can work to make sure you keep the benefits.
This works as well to keep VIP benefits.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

troy12n

Reaction score

This works as well to keep VIP benefits.

I'm intrigued by this statement...

Does this mean you can get added to someone's deed, and if they bought the contract retail, and then the original owners name was removed from the deed, you would retain VIP on what is essentially a resale contract?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm intrigued by this statement...

Does this mean you can get added to someone's deed, and if they bought the contract retail, and then the original owners name was removed from the deed, you would retain VIP on what is essentially a resale contract?
Yes, that would work. You have to make sure the closing company is willing to go back to the original seller to get your name added. That would be the problem with the ebay closing companies.

meetseti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully done this?

troy12n

Reaction score
Yes, that would work. You have to make sure the closing company is willing to go back to the original seller to get your name added. That would be the problem with the ebay closing companies.

Sounds like something like this might be easier done if you were able to find a seller here willing to do that, than some rando person on ebay

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something like this might be easier done if you were able to find a seller here willing to do that, than some rando person on ebay
What VIP owner wouldn't want to pass along the VIP benefits instead of giving back to Wyndham?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, I think a broker would be better. You would need to explain this in detail for the seller and the broker to understand. Once your name is added to the deed or deeds, you would really need to give it a few months, use the points in the meantime, before you did the final transfer to your name only.

And yes, I have done this before myself. I won't divulge what resort, but I did it.

I also added our kids' names to the Disney points we bought via resale. I did this because our resale included benefits that are no longer available for resale, so they were all considering the purchase of their own points for AP discounts, etc. I told each one of them that adding their names to our two memberships would do the same thing for them. They are owners of record and did get those discounted passes. You can no longer get annual passes, but that is another story altogether. We did that through LT Timeshares. readylegal@gmail.com Very cheap.

chamel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet!
Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to learn that bit of info before I buy anything. Do you think there is any risk involved doing it this way?

chamel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet!
What are presidential reserve benefits? Do you need presidential reserve benefits to reserve presidential suites? We stayed in one recently at Wyndham Palm Aire, rented thru airbnb. I have wondered how the person who rented it to us could do it so cheap! We spent $1500ish for the week. I'm trying to figure if it would make sense to pick up a resale somewhere. But it seems like I'd be paying way more than $1500 in MF alone, for the points needed to do a week at that same resort (unless I own at a lower MF resort, correct?) Hope I'm not throwing this too far off topic...I know I'm really asking different but related questions here.

You would get the presidential reserve benefits when reserving presidential reserve suites, but not the benefits associated with VIP.