• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale points transfer

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a resale contract. Contract transferred to my account December 22nd this year. All the 2020points transferred into my account with reservation transaction and housekeeping credit. I was told when I agreed to take contract that first usage would be 2021. I have waited a few days for Wyndham to remove 2020 points but they are still in my account. Do contracts transfer with full points? Any tuggers with resale transfer experience have this happen?

Mike

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a resale contract. Contract transferred to my account December 22nd this year. All the 2020points transferred into my account with reservation transaction and housekeeping credit. I was told when I agreed to take contract that first usage would be 2021. I have waited a few days for Wyndham to remove 2020 points but they are still in my account. Do contracts transfer with full points? Any tuggers with resale transfer experience have this happen?

Mike
I have been told all contracts transfer with full points. Even if owner used current use year points. Last owner will have a negative balance if his current use year had a 0 balance when this was sold to you.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would point deposit those 2020 points into 2021. There is no fee to do so. What happens when contracts transfer is so arbitrary, nothing is consistent. You do your research, guess what might happen, and then see what actually does. I say good for you, move 'em. What's the worst that could happen? They take 'em back? And I really don't think they will. Nor do I think you are dong anything wrong.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been told all contracts transfer with full points. Even if owner used current use year points. Last owner will have a negative balance if his current use year had a 0 balance when this was sold to you.
This is false, I had a contract transfer in without full points in the last 6 months

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Owners who don't have any or enough current use year points available have to be careful because from what we know Wyndham will cancel reservations to make the points available.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It's possible that they stated first usage would be 2021 because they couldn't guarantee that the contract would transfer by 12/31/2020 - and obviously, it was really close! So I agree with the above - those points are yours, and given the liberal points deposit policy for 2020 I would go ahead and move them to a future year. Congratulations!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners who don't have any or enough current use year points available have to be careful because from what we know Wyndham will cancel reservations to make the points available.
This was also clearly stated in the buyers ownership letter. It also stated what will transfer depends on what points are available for use. No one knows the rules for sure because they will not send you a copy of them in writing. As everyone knows Wyndham is a moving target. What was true yesterday may be false today.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
This is false, I had a contract transfer in without full points in the last 6 months

I’ve heard the same happening. Unfortunately there is no consistency. A timeshare broker told me the hired a bunch of new people to help with the backlog. Things have been going faster but often times there are mixups. In my case, two contracts transferred to me still had the original owners name on them. The first one took months to fix. The second one was fixed in less then a month.

troy12n

Reaction score
I would attempt to transfer points, worst case scenario it fails... best case, you get some more points you can use, for free... use their mistake to your advantage, nothing to lose

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
best case, you get some more points you can use, for free... use their mistake to your advantage, nothing to lose
I personally believe it was no "mistake" but I also would transfer the points and make use of them hopefully next year.

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried multiple times on 31st to deposit points to a future year. I would click deposit points and then the page would stay same. I thought it may be a system error. Points also did not get moved to RCI today. No loss as I took the contract for points available starting in 2021.

Zekes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Spinnaker
When in doubt call reservations to move the points to 2021 (when they reopen tomorrow morning)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I bought a resale and was told all points for 2020 would be available if the transfer was complete before the end of the year. I checked in with the company where I bought them toward the end of the year. They said the transfer wasn't complete. Then a couple days ago I got an email saying happy owner-versary of 21 years! I contacted the company again and told them I thought it had been completed. They wrote back and said yes, that it had just gone through. THEN I found out that it actually went through last month and we should have been able to deposit the points....but I looked at the points summary today and they expired and were deducted on Jan. 2nd.

Anyone know if Wyndham will still allow me to do a transfer of the points? Is there a grace period or anything?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That sounds very odd; they had a COVID policy that was supposed to result in the deposit of expiring points into your RCI account. Is this your only ownership with Wyndham? In any case, it would be worth calling and talking to owner care about it; they can do something for you if you're persuasive enough.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
That sounds very odd; they had a COVID policy that was supposed to result in the deposit of expiring points into your RCI account. Is this your only ownership with Wyndham? In any case, it would be worth calling and talking to owner care about it; they can do something for you if you're persuasive enough.

OK, thank you. Yes, this is the first set of Wyndham points. I purchased another one, but it hasn't completed the transfer yet. I haven't set up an RCI account yet, so maybe that's the problem? I'll call them and see what they can do.

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called in January regarding the points from resale contract. Was told all points in account on Dec 31st would be transferred to RCI by February. I checked today and the points were transferred to my RCI account. Thanks you Wyndham, that's a nice surprise for me.