• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale points advice

jlj

Reaction score
My sister and her husband belong to Bluegreen Resorts and rave about how great it is. My wife and I might like to get involved with it but don't wish to go through corporate because the cost per point. Is there any advice you can give that will get us the beat value for the money? I have heard of cases where points were sold for as little as $.35. Any help you can give is appreciated.

jlj

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and her husband belong to Bluegreen Resorts and rave about how great it is. My wife and I might like to get involved with it but don't wish to go through corporate because the cost per point. Is there any advice you can give that will get us the beat value for the money? I have heard of cases where points were sold for as little as $.35. Any help you can give is appreciated.

jlj

Go to the Bluegreen Yahoo group and if you first read the prior postings you will be able to learn to how to best buy and use the Bluegreen Points program.

Be aware that some maintence fees as a example for one 9,000 Bluegreen Point packages can be a fair amount higher than other 9,000 Bluegreen Point packages.

One person at the yahoo group who sells resale Bluegreen Points with lower on going maintenance fee costs per BG point is Boca Bum.

You can also find resale Bluegreen Points on ebay, but if you check several BG Point maintenance fee costs you should be able to see that some BG point packages have a higher cost per BG Point than other BG Points.

Good luck to you.

Bruce :D

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Took A BlueGreen Timeshare Tour But Did Not Buy.

Our exposure to the BlueGreen timeshare system is minimal & cursory, but FWIW here's the gist of it.

In 2005 we were cold-called with an invitation to go to Gordonsville VA & tour BlueGreen's Shenandoah Crossing timeshare down there, attend a no-obligation presentation, & receive airfare & 2 nights' accommodations for 2 to Orlando FL or Las Vegas NV. I told the caller we had just returned from Orlando but might be interested if the offer was Las Vegas for sure. (That's because when we bit on something like that a few years previously, it turned out the choice of Orlando or Las Vegas wasn't up to us, it was up to them -- sheesh.)

They said OK we can have Las Vegas. We show up in Gordonsville VA. We find the place, sign in, take the tour, see the units & the on-site amenities, etc., just like timeshare touring in Branson MO or Las Vegas NV or just about anywehre. After the softener-upper works on us awhile, the deal-closer shows up, an attractive middle-aged woman (an eye-shadow pro from the look of her). She zeroes in on the fact that our modest portfolio of timeshare holdings is all resales that we bought on the secondary market. The product she's offereing, BlueGreen timeshare points backed up by a timeshare deed for a week at Shenandoah Crossing, has to be bought full-freight from the developer. She leans toward us across the table & in a low, confidential tone says what we should do is buy her lowest-cost BlueGreen points package, because full-freignt BlueGreen owners can add more points from any source if they want. So as savvy timeshare people, she said, we should buy small-scale from her & then economically build up our BlueGreen points total to something more significant, resale, via eBay. "But," she added, "if anybody ever says I told you that, I will deny it."

That was the 1st time we heard anybody in the full-freight timeshare biz even acknowledge that there is such a thing as a resale market in timeshares or timeshare points, much less suggest combining "used" & "new" points as a way of getting us to buy some of their "new" ones. As to what we were told about blending "new" & "used" BlueGreen points, I don't know how much faith to place in that -- for sure I'd need to get it in writing if I were inclined to go for it.

We didn't buy. By then, we were already into RCI to the extent that we didn't want to branch out into any of the proprietary timeshare points systems. Plus, we didn't want to buy full-freight in any case. The smallest BlueGreen package we were offered still cost 2 or 3 times the money already tied up in our modest portfolio. They gave up, signed off on our freebies chit, & sent us over to the Gifting Desk, where we picked up our voucher package for the Las Vegas trip. We not only took the trip, we doubled up on timeshare tour freebies by signing up to go on another tour while we were in Las Vegas. Click here for all the details of our Las Vegas adventure -- even more than you might care to know.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello jlj,

I can help you out with any Bluegreen questions you may have. I am a very large owner of Bluegreen points and I love the club.

Bluegreen is one of the best value oriented resorts out there. And, there are a lot of great features for owners if you live within driving distance to the resorts.

We also have a Bluegreen forum on another message board. You can click the link in my signature to find it. There is a lot of Bluegreen information posted there as well.

The Bluegreen Vacation Club is actually more than 5 smaller clubs that make up the bigger club. I say that because the maintenance fee programs are diffferent depending on the "trust" in which your ownership is deeded. As a result, you could be buying a deed that has higher maintenance fees. So, you need to factor into the equation total cost of ownership, not just purchase price,

In addition, some resellers mark up closing to goose their profits. So, be careful of hidden charges.

Keep posting questions here. We will answer any questions you may have. Or, alternatively, if you would like individual help, you can send me a private message and I'd be delighted to help you out.