• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Ownership

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing resale legacy week. I currently own legacy weeks that are enrolled and I purchased trust points, all purchased from Marriott. When I log into my Marriott account I see everything. Does anyone else have the this type of ownership along with a resale week that can share their experience? Would my resale week be included in II? Is Marriott still offering the option to enroll a legacy week into destination points?

What if I bought resale points would that be any different in my account, would these resale points be applied to move up levels in Marriott??

So many questions and don’t know where to get the answers, I know what the answer would be if I called Marriott!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
A resale week would need its own II account, as your existing weeks are likely part of your MVC provided II account.

MVC does seem to be consistently offering the ability to enroll a resale week with a promotion run each summer provided you purchase 3000 Trust Points to do so. Once enrolled, it would then be included in the same MVC provided II account you have now.

Resale points, as long as they are consistently titled, would show up in your account with all of your other ownership. And yes, resale points do count toward ownership level achievement....provided you pay MVC the $3/point fee.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing resale legacy week. I currently own legacy weeks that are enrolled and I purchased trust points, all purchased from Marriott. When I log into my Marriott account I see everything. Does anyone else have the this type of ownership along with a resale week that can share their experience? Would my resale week be included in II? Is Marriott still offering the option to enroll a legacy week into destination points?

What if I bought resale points would that be any different in my account, would these resale points be applied to move up levels in Marriott??

So many questions and don’t know where to get the answers, I know what the answer would be if I called Marriott!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
I've had this setup the last 8 years or so with a corporate and private II account. If the resale non qualified purchase is exactly the same thing as something you own already, apparently some have been able to deposit into II through the corporate account as long as they weren't depositing both. No guarantees but it's been reported.

Bill4728

Reaction score
If the resale non qualified purchase is exactly the same thing as something you own already, apparently some have been able to deposit into II through the corporate account as long as they weren't depositing both. No guarantees but it's been reported.
I've reported it and have only one time had a problem. (This past April with a covid forced cancellation and hoping for a late deposit.) Other than that no problems.