• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale of HPP?

Guitarmom

Reaction score
Welk owner here, trying to figure out what's going to happen to us. In one of the discussions about this Welk/Hyatt merger, I interpreted someone's comment to say that HPP points cannot be sold on the resale market, that Hyatt will not honor "re-sold" points.

I may have misinterpreted. I'd love to be corrected. But right now, I can sell my Welk Platinum Points on the resale market and plan to some day in the future. If Welk gets merged straight into Hyatt, would I lose the right to sell my points? What happens when an owner dies?

I would also love to learn what the various Hyatt acronyms stand for. What does "HPP" mean? How about HRC? Any other acronyms you all use frequently?

Thank you for any help and info you can pass along!

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
HPC (or HPP) is Hyatt Points Club
HRC is Hyatt Residence Club
HRPP is Home Resort Preference Period
CUP is Club use Period
LCUP is Limited Club use Period
EEEP is Extended External Exchange Period

See attached for detailed explanations of fixed week reservation options.

Attachments

• Fixed Week Reservation Options.pdf
    335 KB · Views: 23

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They can never take away your right to sell deeded ownership. Now the question is, is there any value to your Welk ownership where you would actually be able to sell it?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk owner here, trying to figure out what's going to happen to us. In one of the discussions about this Welk/Hyatt merger, I interpreted someone's comment to say that HPP points cannot be sold on the resale market, that Hyatt will not honor "re-sold" points.

I may have misinterpreted. I'd love to be corrected. But right now, I can sell my Welk Platinum Points on the resale market and plan to some day in the future. If Welk gets merged straight into Hyatt, would I lose the right to sell my points? What happens when an owner dies?

I would also love to learn what the various Hyatt acronyms stand for. What does "HPP" mean? How about HRC? Any other acronyms you all use frequently?

Thank you for any help and info you can pass along!
If you own a deeded week, the merger will probably be harmless. However, if you just own points, you could be in for a challenging transition. If your points go straight into the HPP program, that would mean you cannot sell those points. However, for HRC owners who enter the HPP program, there is a one-time membership fee of ~$13,000. You will have to wait and see how the merger works. One option is that Hyatt will set up Welk as a stand-alone entity where it will be business as usual, but with no access to the HPP program. Wait and see.

Guitarmom

Reaction score
@dmelcher13: Thank you for explaining the acronyms! I have been floundering trying to figure out what people were saying.

@dioxide45: There is an active resale market for Welk points. No one can recoup the $$$ they spent with developers, but folks who buy their points on the resale market are in decent shape.

@Kal: I own all points at this time, as do about 75% of Welk owners. I guess no one quite knows how this transition will unfold. I'm not exactly pleased about the merger, but a stand-alone Welk unit would be great (unless they disallow reselling). As you say, we'll have to wait and see.

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Here is a chart that was posted previously in another thread related to HPP.

It appears that resale of HPP is possible however the Non-Authorized RESALE tier level has some pretty harsh restrictions.

Attachments

• HRC Porfolio Membership Tier Level Chart.png
    HRC Porfolio Membership Tier Level Chart.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 298