• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale market cost for SVO 2 BR LO Platinum

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There is another way, one that we just did. First, what I am about to tell you we considered a luxury decision. Second, since we did this just to get to 5*, SVO may have treated us differently since we were 4* to begin with. We needed (wanted) 123850 Options to get there. In looking at the "duke" model he got 121000 and that would have left us short (see his sticky).

We called SVO and the alternative was buy 3br VV for 38K -139000 Options(not going to happen), then I mentioned "resale".

It turns out SVO does sell resale (you have to ask), focusing mostly on Vistana Resort. After several calls and e-mails we were told we could buy 2 VR Cascades resale and they would let us requalify them and we could use them as any other options, convert them (yes I know...), and have them count toward 5*.

We bought two 2br VR Cascades for 8.5 each- worth 67100/ea or 134200 total options. With closing 18K. They faxed me the contract details and for 599 each requalified and we are now 5* and platinum. The customer service was excellent. On the phone they did all the computer work. Same day we had our 5* in the system and platinum on the SPG site, very cool. The MF's were already paid for in 2007 so we have the options to use this year (probably weekends at MH's).

I am willing to give anyone the sales reps name as her service was great, and it played out just as she said it would. This whole process took about 4 weeks. You can buy the resort cheaper, but we did not have to buy reasle independently and then buy a new developer unit and then requal. The only downside is the MF's will be a little higher that we would have liked, but overall it met our needs.

I do not know if they will do this for just anyone, but it worked for us. One last note, the gentleman at SVO owner services told me he regularly reads this site (thanks for your help) and spends a fair amount of time talking to folks that do not understand the process. Hope this helps.

Interesting - it can be confusing - I knew that SVO sold resale - and explored this route for information purposes (along with a few others) - but it comes down to (at this part of our lives/careers) that we only have 3 weeks of vacation, but maybe in 10 years or so (sooner hopefully).

You said you were 4* already - does this mean you bought 359K SOs from SVO? A Direct Salesman said to us if we came up short SO-wise by a 1000 or so that he could get us there (this had to do with buying pre-construction Desert Willow).

I did read the requal posts and duke's experience - but still have an open question of how he requaled 2 weeks with a single week (if I had done my math correctly :)

Anyway - someday maybe - when we have more vacation time - in the meantime (WKV-WSJ-WKORVx2... repeat) We love our SVO TSs so far - WKV in 9 days! Hopefully we won't get too poor of a villa location - it was only reserved in November during the purchase.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
still have an open question of how he requaled 2 weeks with a single week

Perhaps he bought an EOY, requalified one, and then exercised his option to buy the second half of the EOY, and requalified a second one. They've offered me this option a couple of times.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Most of the options were developer (discovered TUG too late). I would never advocate buying what you can not use. I am fortunate and have a lot of vacation (loyalty to a company does have some advantages). I also have 4 kids so it will get used.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I agree that there are certain aspects of WKORV-N than WKORV that are better. However, there are things about WKORV that may be better for some. I would hold up the OF Deluxe unit in comparison to the OF at WKORV-N. The MFs are about the same, but ours is bigger, is a true OF, it has a much larger lanai (both sides) - has large windows on the side (with great light and a panaromic view)
[this is a big minus at WKORV-N - IMO - they could have put large windows on the sides of the buildings - especially with the angled units, but for some reason choose not to.

This concerns me because I am in the process of buying an OF unit at WKORV-N ($50k). I bought OF because I wanted to killer view. For the life of me I cannot find a drawing which depicts the actual buildings so I have no idea what I'm getting.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This concerns me because I am in the process of buying an OF unit at WKORV-N ($50k). I bought OF because I wanted to killer view. For the life of me I cannot find a drawing which depicts the actual buildings so I have no idea what I'm getting.

You should be able to see the unit layout and photos on SVO website at
http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/resorts/index.jsp#HI

also - there are construction updates... somewhere.

Plus - DeniseL took photos and had a link to them a while back. That was when I noticed that they put small windows - instead of large one. You can see these (or lack of) in the artist rendoring on the SVO website.

The 'OF' at WKORV-N are angled, but the views should be fine as long as you are on floors 3-6. Someone hear says Floor 1 room exit right onto the grounds - I can understand why this would be good for some folks. I didn't see these when we looked at the construction site in November, but weren't really looking.

Overall - considering you paid a ~$20 premium (like us) over OV resale to get OF because it was important to you - you should be very happy. The price is less than what they are selling OV, and just a bit more than IV/GV (which I hear is sold out).