• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Requirements for international travel

uop1497

Reaction score
We are US citizen and plan to visit Bangkok in Nov, 2022. We have completed 2 vaccine Covid-19 shots and 2 booster shots. I would like to know the following:

1) For travel insurance and Covid-19 insurance, which company is best to buy insurance
2) Currently requirements which must be completed online before boarding our flight from BKK ==> SIN ==> SFO. We will have 4 hrs at Changi airport for our connection flight to US.

I search online and only require proof of vaccine covid-19 . Not sure weather , we must fill out a health form online before our trip to bangkok and before fly back to US.

If anyone has completed travel recently , please advise and thank you.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Here is the information from the U.S. Embassy:

Also, your airline should also provide information on what they require prior to your flight. For example, I flew to Switzerland on United earlier this year. United has a "Travel Ready" section on their website and app and lets you know which documents need to be uploaded.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your airline will provide this information.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Your airline will provide this information.
I recently learned that at least for Canada, they don't always provide the complete information needed.

uop1497

Reaction score
I contacted Singapore airline by phone, and was transferred automatically to some office in Philippine. The live agent told me to check requirement myself . It seems that they do not know.

Regarding travel insurance, is there any thing I should be aware before deciding which company to go with.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I contacted Singapore airline by phone, and was transferred automatically to some office in Philippine. The live agent told me to check requirement myself . It seems that they do not know.

Regarding travel insurance, is there any thing I should be aware before deciding which company to go with.
When you go into the Singapore Airlines website and check your reservation is there any information there? A link to something like the United "Travel Ready" site?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

OK. I haven't traveled internationally for a few months, but when we did, all that was required was what vaccinations you have had. Keep your vax card with you. You will likely have to wear masks all the time you are in the airport or flying except when you are actively eating or drinking.

As to travel insurance, I assume you are over 65 and on Medicare. It will not cover you outside the US, so you should pay particular attention to the medical coverage. We make sure it's 'Primary' meaning it pays for medical care directly instead of you having to pay upfront for care, then submit it to another carrier you may have before the travel insurance pays off.

On www.squaremouth.com/ you can compare several policies side-by-side for features and cost.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I also endorse www.squaremouth.com
I usually use their in-house company, Tin Leg.

For travel restrictions that apply to your trip, I recommend Sherpa...
Don't worry... No "apply" or "joining" is involved.
A rep from Cosmos Tours referred me, and several airlines use them.
Add your data, and it lists the restrictions that apply to your trip.
First there's a summary, but you can drill down with source references.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may not be connected to the OP but more countries may be starting to open up for the unvaccinated travelers.

uop1497

Reaction score
Thank you ALL for your input.

Besides Tin Leg, have anyone choosen to buy travel insurance with other company under www.squaremouth.com . And how you the service you receive when you contact the insurance company in the middle of your trip when you get sick or get hurt by an accident. If so, can you please share your experience if any.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thank you ALL for your input.

Besides Tin Leg, have anyone choosen to buy travel insurance with other company under www.squaremouth.com . And how you the service you receive when you contact the insurance company in the middle of your trip when you get sick or get hurt by an accident. If so, can you please share your experience if any.

I’ve bought several policies from them from various providers. I’ve had a couple claims and they went smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had a good amount of experience with insurance carriers under Squaremouth. All have honored their commitments listed under policies. But that said, under the circumstances you ask about. If you get sick or injured 'in the middle of a trip', they will do what is necessary to alleviate further loss. If it takes a rescheduling of flights, or hospitalization after an initial emergency visit, they can do that., but obviously, if it's an emergency, your first call should not be to the travel insurance company, but to a medical provider.

We had a claim with a medical provider in Hawaii. They wouldn't bill our Medicare Advantage carrier- something about no reciprocal agreement. Our travel insurance was 'primary'. In other words, they were on the hook. After we got home and we weren't getting anywhere with them, we called Squaremouth- who has a 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' policy. Within a day, the problem was solved, the travel insurance paid the claim.

Jim

uop1497

Reaction score
We've had a good amount of experience with insurance carriers under Squaremouth. All have honored their commitments listed under policies. But that said, under the circumstances you ask about. If you get sick or injured 'in the middle of a trip', they will do what is necessary to alleviate further loss. If it takes a rescheduling of flights, or hospitalization after an initial emergency visit, they can do that., but obviously, if it's an emergency, your first call should not be to the travel insurance company, but to a medical provider.

We had a claim with a medical provider in Hawaii. They wouldn't bill our Medicare Advantage carrier- something about no reciprocal agreement. Our travel insurance was 'primary'. In other words, they were on the hook. After we got home and we weren't getting anywhere with them, we called Squaremouth- who has a 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' policy. Within a day, the problem was solved, the travel insurance paid the claim.

Jim
I buy travel insurance just in case and hope that I do not have to use it at all during my trip.

Of course, in emmergengy , I will seek medical first before anything else.There are too many company under Squaremouth, and it is not easy to company which one is best to choose.

I am asking for more name of company under Squaremouth so that I can focus in those companies which Tugbbs member has use and like them.

I’ve bought several policies from them from various providers. I’ve had a couple claims and they went smoothly.

If no problem, can you please sharing name of company you have bought insurance for your trip.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am asking for more name of company under Squaremouth so that I can focus in those companies which Tugbbs member has use and like them.

If no problem, can you please sharing name of company you have bought insurance for your trip.
I asked my wife, who handles these details and neither of us can remember the carrier name. We haven't had a claim since before Covid, but it really isn't important as Squaremouth allows you to compare features side-by-side. Insurance changes features frequently, and Squaremouth has the back-up guarantee of satisfaction.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think that, besides TinLeg, I've used Trawick, but never had a claim.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I have purchased multiple policies from multiple vendors and have not filed claims with all. I currently have a GeoBlue annual policy.

I suggest you read the reviews at squaremouth (or elsewhere) to further determine your comfort for the options you select. Note that we each have different requirements for insurance, so my selections may not be appropriate for you. I also suggest you simply use the squaremouth selection criteria to select the most appropriate policy for you.

uop1497

Reaction score
Thak you ALL for continuing support.
I undestand that everyone has diferent requirements when travel. And I did read review listing on Squaremouth . It seems to me that a lot of people does not happy with the way the claim has been handle. I am asking my questions here to see if any one has claimed with travel insurance under Squaremouth and happy with the outcome.

Like everyone , I buy travel insurance in my past trips and have not filled out any claim. For this coming trip, I am a little concerned since Covid-19 is every where . And I do not know if we are lucky to have a smooth trip without catching it .

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Squaremouth is a broker. They sell different providers' policies. The individual providers are the ones who would handle claims. I've always been happy with Squaremouth's selling policies.

"Travel insurance" means different things to different people.

If you mean financial coverage for trip cancellation and interruption due to illness or accident, your best deal would be a credit card like the Chase Sapphire cards that cover these. It's free. But check whether it will cover Covid as a reason. It might if you get sick. It probably won't if you just want to be cautious.

If you need financial coverage for other reasons, or financial coverage AND illness/accident coverage combined, then Squaremouth is the place to buy it. Check for Covid coverage.

If you already have health insurance that will cover you internationally, then maybe all you need is evacuation insurance, like medjet or geoblue.

uop1497

Reaction score
Squaremouth is a broker. They sell different providers' policies. The individual providers are the ones who would handle claims. I've always been happy with Squaremouth's selling policies.

"Travel insurance" means different things to different people.

If you mean financial coverage for trip cancellation and interruption due to illness or accident, your best deal would be a credit card like the Chase Sapphire cards that cover these. It's free. But check whether it will cover Covid as a reason. It might if you get sick. It probably won't if you just want to be cautious.

If you need financial coverage for other reasons, or financial coverage AND illness/accident coverage combined, then Squaremouth is the place to buy it. Check for Covid coverage.

If you already have health insurance that will cover you internationally, then maybe all you need is evacuation insurance, like medjet or geoblue.
Thanks. I will check with Chase .