• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Request for info on lymphoma

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My former spouse and my son's dad, who has been in the hospital for a month with what they thought was viral encephalitis, has been diagnosed with lymphoma and liver cancer (possibly connected). They don't have specifics on what type of lymphoma yet. Anyone who has been through treatment or knows someone who has, if you don't want to post here, could you please pm me.
Thanks,
Liz

22go

Reaction score
Lymphoma

Liz,
If you go back to Sept. 2 and 13, 2008, there were posts about lymphoma with many responses which may help you.
Sorry to hear about your son's dad.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz,

Sorry to hear about your ex's condition. The posts they are referring to are probably mine. My hubby was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma in August after 3 months of all types of test on his heart and arteries. They finally figured out that nothing was wrong with his heart or arteries. They found the cancer was in his lymph nodes and that was what was causing his groin area to swell and retain fluid. The swollen lymph nodes were pressing on his veins so the blood flow was closed off causing the swelling.

He is now under going chemo thru the Lynn Cancer Institute in Boca Raton, FL. Their care has been excellent. There is no cure for his type of lymphoma, but his oncologist says that he will make a full recovery and probably stay in remission for years.

If I can be of any help, Please let me know. Its scary but there is alot of help out there. Just be sure he has a very good oncologist that is highly trained in this field.

God Bless,

Suzanne

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is without insurance, living on minimal social security. He is at a teaching hospital, San Francisco General and we are still waiting to find out what type of lymphoma he has. They are planning to do another spinal (this is the 4th one!) and use that to also do an initial chemo treatment. I am going up late Thursday to go with my son to meet with doctors, social worker, Medi-Cal person etc. on Friday. All prayers gratefully accepted.
Liz

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
liz: My goodness this hasn't been a good year for you has it. My prayers are with you.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, have they done a CAT SCAN or a PET SCAN? These were the tests that they used to finally determine what was wrong and where the cancer was in my hubby's lymph nodes. The CAT showed what the problem was and the PET showed the hot spots. The only way they could determine what type of cancer he has was by doing a biopsy of one of the lymph nodes.

I hope that he gets the care he needs to get healthy. Unfortunately chemo treatments are extremely expensive. Be very frank with the hospital and doctors about his financial situation. They will know if there is any financial help out there for him in his area. They can also advise if the drug mfg's will help if he truly can't pay for his chemo treatments. Thats what our oncologist told us when we asked him about what happened to people who had no insurance to pay for the chemo.

Take care,

Suzanne

luvgoldns

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
The National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute is a good resource. They have a ton of info for both the patient and the family.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics

ilene