• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting worldmark

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there someplace where owners rent points? I’m a Wyndham owner but want to get a Worldmark property that’s very popular and not sure if it would be available at 6 months.
Thanks

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Is there someplace where owners rent points? I’m a Wyndham owner but want to get a Worldmark property that’s very popular and not sure if it would be available at 6 months.
Thanks
I’ve rented points on WMOWNERS.com. They seem to have a pretty consistent market in points for rent

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As a former WorldMark owner, I can just about guarantee that a "very popular" WM resort would have little to no availability at 6 months. WorldMark opens reservations at 13 months, and the most popular locations book out within seconds. There is a Waitlist request process, where owners can ask ahead to receive the time in the event of cancellations, which do happen regularly. Since WM has a "no fault" cancellation process, a lot of reservations are made because the time happens to be available, only to later be cancelled when the person decides they don't need or want that reservation after all.

If you have an exact location and timeframe, your best bet would be to put in a Timeshare Rental wanted ad here on Tug. A second option might be to connect with a WM owner who woould be willing to work with you to get the reservation you're after. When they reserve the time, they can use a Guest Certificate to put the reservation in your name. As mentioned above, WMOwners.com is another good rental resource.

Years ago, I did a direct swap with a Tugger to get into a resort on the East Coast that rarely comes up for exchange. I gave that person my exchanged TPUs in RCI to use as they chose. We both got what we wanted, and it worked pretty well. You might consider something like that.

Good luck!

Dave

Last edited:

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Thanks
1. wmowners.com
2. TUG wish ad.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Sorry, I missread your post. I thought you were a worldmark owner. “Renting” (more accurately, transferring) points is easy for a worldmark owners. For a Wyndham owner your only option would be to rent from a Worldmark owner.
I have been a worldmark owner for 2 years now and as @DaveNV said, None of the really popular resorts are available 10 seconds after 13 months. That is why Club Pass for Wyndham owners doesn’t work very well because at 9 months there is nothing available, except at resort that are not popular in the Worldmark system. Which is also why I bought a resale WorldMark contract.
Maybe a worldmark owner that has credits to rent will drop by. Although, The soonest a worldmark owner could make a reservation at a popular resort would be for January 2024. Since you mentioned 6 months it sounds like you are interested in something this coming summer. Can I ask where you are interested in going. I could look and see if there is any availability.

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for June 2024 at Yellowstone for a 70th birthday trip. I’m a planner as you can see. Thank you everyone.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not a WM owner, but from what I understand the Worldmark entrances are still outside the entrance to the park. Why not figure out the system to reserve the National Park accommodations inside the park.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Ar
I am looking for June 2024 at Yellowstone for a 70th birthday trip. I’m a planner as you can see. Thank you everyone.
Are you looking for a full week or less than 1 week?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’m not a WM owner, but from what I understand the Worldmark entrances are still outside the entrance to the park. Why not figure out the system to reserve the National Park accommodations inside the park.

The WorldMark in West Yellowstone is right outside the West Entrance to the Park, (literally just a few blocks from the Gate), but it's the best place to be, when exploring that area. Yellowstone is a HUGE park, (more than 3400 square miles, about 50 miles wide and tall, with only a few roads.) Accommodations inside the Park are quaint and rustic, but limited, at best. Staying a few nights inside the Park would certainly be fun, but for a lengthy vacation, especially with a family, it'd be very expensive, with only limited accommodations. WM West Yellowstone is very nice, and has all the right conveniences, with easy access into the Park from there.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Atleast 5 days.

Joan, the absolute earliest WM West Yellowstone can be booked for a June 2024 stay is May 2023. 13 months ahead of time is as far out as possible with any WM resort. June is a HUGE demand month at Yellowstone (think: Baby Bison) so getting it will be very difficult.

Normalize your expectations. Are you wanting to celebrate the birthday inside the Park? Or just have the five days minimum to explore the general area? You may have to rethink your choices, or think outside the timeshare box.

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
WM Yellowstone books up within minutes for reservations starting in early May through Sept. Many are for rentals; this resort is a huge focus for them. Especially the larger units. Check the rental sites for this summer to help you understand what will be available in 2024.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
For this particular trip, the easiest thing might be to find a suitable rental at redweek/TUG/etc. It will cost a little more, but that's probably fine for a bucket-list trip. The other option via RCI would be the Timbers at Island Park (DD62 and 0027), but June is probably a hard exchange. It's an extra half-hour from the WorldMark. Nothing wrong with placing a search now though.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I would love other recommendations thru RCI or wherever. We plan on doing Jackson hole also

The Timbers Condominiums at Island Park (RCI #0027) is a short 20-mile drive from West Yellowstone. It's a pleasant, quiet place to stay, and an easy drive to the Park from there. There is often a lot of rental opportunity there. I've stayed at this resort, and it's perfectly comfortable. The highway from there to West Yellowstone is good, and 50mph-ish speed. A good second option, if you can't get something right in West Yellowstone.

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 1.19.40 PM.png

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Duplicate post

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Timbers Condominiums at Island Park (RCI #0027) is a short 20-mile drive from West Yellowstone. It's a pleasant, quiet place to stay, and an easy drive to the Park from there. There is often a lot of rental opportunity there. I've stayed at this resort, and it's perfectly comfortable. The highway from there to West Yellowstone is good, and 50mph-ish speed. A good second option, if you can't get something right in West Yellowstone.

View attachment 69991

Dave
Thank you very much. I will look into that

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you very much. I will look into that

It's also an easy drive to/from Jackson Hole to Timbers at Island Park, via the "back road" (as I called it.) It's outside the Park, so travel is much easier and faster.

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 2.07.55 PM.png

Dave

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's also an easy drive to/from Jackson Hole to Timbers at Island Park, via the "back road" (as I called it.) It's outside the Park, so travel is much easier and faster.

View attachment 70009

Dave

We own a week at Timbers and we did this very route; then head north to GTNP; then enter Yellowstone thru' the south gate and exit thru' the west gate; then back to Timbers. Long day but VERY scenic drive. I don't mind doing it again but next time I will be 2x sure to press that 'start' button on the slow cooker before I leave, lol.

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love other recommendations thru RCI or wherever. We plan on doing Jackson hole also
RCI is nice and I exchange there too but for Timbers, your best bet is through TPI as they're also our resort manager at Timbers.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We own a week at Timbers and we did this very route; then head north to GTNP; then enter Yellowstone thru' the south gate and exit thru' the west gate; then back to Timbers. Long day but VERY scenic drive. I don't mind doing it again but next time I will be 2x sure to press that 'start' button on the slow cooker before I leave, lol.

I think it'd be a great way to spend a (long) sightseeing day. Time it right to catch late lunch at Old Faithful.

Dave