• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting questions

Phunny64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, WORLDMARK
Hi we are owners at Wyndham palm Aire, we we're thinking of renting our 2020 points, we have stuff planned etc, questions we have are as follows

1) we have enough points to rent 3 weeks a two bedroom. Do we rent as one block? Or break into three? I'm a newbie but if I break into three won't I have to pay the 19+ booking fee for each?

2) if we book three weeks straight can we make it two weeks if some one only wants half of the time just to get some money?

3) we know about the 99 transfer fee so I can register under their name. Do we add it on or include in final price

Sorry again if these are newbie questions or don't belong in this section in advance....

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best way to rent your points is to book the reservation(s) at high demand locations during high demand timeframes to basically ensure they rent and to maximize profits. Usually vacations are 7 nights, however, you can make back-to-back reservations so someone has the option of 14 nights. Rent them together or separately.

Advertise on Craigslist in the appropriate city/region. Good luck!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The maximum number of nights you can book in one reservation is 14 nights. You would either use the free transaction fees you get per 77,000 points you own for each stay you book or if you are out of the free ones then you would pay $19 for each stay you book.

I don't know how you would arrange to split one reservation between two different guests. The first one checking in would have the reservation under their name and I don't think you can change that after they have checked in. So how is the second person going to check in for their part of the stay? They won't be able to get keys as the reservation isn't in their name. And you would have to pay to have the unit cleaned before the second guest arrived if you were to split a week.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking there are two ways to do rentals.

1) Make speculative reservations for high demand times and places, (event weeks or weekends) advertise and rent them for whatever the market will bear. This usually means making those reservations 10 or 13 months in advance and holding them until you find your tenant. My favorite example was Mardi Gras, I made 3 or 4 day reservations for the weekend before Mardi Gras
2) Make "reservations to order" ie let your customer tell you when and where they want to vacation, and then you make the reservation for them

If your objective is to make as much money as possible, go with speculative reservations. If your objective is to just cover maintenance fees, Id do the reservations to order.

I think I would make three separate reservations back to back for next Feb and Mar (snowbird season in S Florida) You may get lucky and rent all three weeks to the same person

Phunny64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, WORLDMARK
The maximum number of nights you can book in one reservation is 14 nights. You would either use the free transaction fees you get per 77,000 points you own for each stay you book or if you are out of the free ones then you would pay $19 for each stay you book.

I don't know how you would arrange to split one reservation between two different guests. The first one checking in would have the reservation under their name and I don't think you can change that after they have checked in. So how is the second person going to check in for their part of the stay? They won't be able to get keys as the reservation isn't in their name. And you would have to pay to have the unit cleaned before the second guest arrived if you were to split a week.

Thank you I didnt know they wave the fee per 77,000 points so since i have 364,000 then I would get 4 for free to book online? But last year they billed me after the 3rd. himmm