• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Renting my FL Club Grand Vista 3 Bed - Best Option

Can I get over $2k in rental income from my 3BR Gold GV Unit?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
A little late to this conversation...but I have a 2BR gold lockoff (actually two of them) and I get the most value, either trading or renting it out (or actually using it) by booking an Ocean Pointe week as close to July 4th as possible. I rented a week in late July in 2019 for about $2000 (ocean view), and locked it off and got some pretty good trades through interval another year. I call in on the first date that July 4th week is available and let the rep figure it out for me.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for members like Dean - this is now the 3rd year in a row I've rented a week at OceanPointe with my GV FLorida club and then rented the Oceanpointe week on Redweek for more than my MF. This year I got a little desperate and took a $50 profit , but last year I made $500 and the year before I made $275. I only paid $2k for the 3Bed Gold GV FL club unit so I'm almost half way to recouping my investment. MF went up to $1900 though so its eating into my profit.
Oceana Palms more desirable than Ocean Pointe - you should have much less competition there. With mine being a 3BR, it appeals to a lot more people so I'm able to get a premium on my rentals vs owning a 2 bedroom. Dean once told me years ago to get a 3 BR for trading and its paid off thus far :)
To me one of the great benefits for things like TUG is the sharing of information and the ability to help each other out. We gave you some information and some recommendations but you put it together for what worked best in your situation. I appreciate you sharing your experience over time, that's invaluable to other members.
A little late to this conversation...but I have a 2BR gold lockoff (actually two of them) and I get the most value, either trading or renting it out (or actually using it) by booking an Ocean Pointe week as close to July 4th as possible. I rented a week in late July in 2019 for about $2000 (ocean view), and locked it off and got some pretty good trades through interval another year. I call in on the first date that July 4th week is available and let the rep figure it out for me.
Are you reserving them at 7 months out?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Are you reserving them at 7 months out?
I did the transactions separately, so not in thsoe cases. Going forward if that's The Plan, I will to get a better chance of those higher TDI weeks (and occasionally you can get OF, as Florida Club allows for that based on availability), and if I deposit that's another month earlier.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Thanks again for members like Dean - this is now the 3rd year in a row I've rented a week at OceanPointe with my GV FLorida club and then rented the Oceanpointe week on Redweek for more than my MF. This year I got a little desperate and took a $50 profit , but last year I made $500 and the year before I made $275. I only paid $2k for the 3Bed Gold GV FL club unit so I'm almost half way to recouping my investment. MF went up to $1900 though so its eating into my profit.
Just wanted to re-up this thread. Once again, swapped GV 3 Bed for FL CLUB swap to 3 Bed Oceanfront Ocean Pointe. Rental prices are much higher this year! I was able to get $2800 within 1 week of posting on-line! Years past we got $2200-$2350 so we had a very nice profit on this one. I have officially grossed over $3000 in rental income (after Redweek fees) which paid for my timeshare (I paid $3k including closing costs back in '17 off eBay).

I'm wishing I hadn't given away my Harbour lake one now with prices up but nothing compares to the Marriotts on the ocean in Florida (Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Crystal Shores).

Thanks again to this website, Dean, and other helpful members that made this possible for me and others here!