• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting HGVC points

Reaction score
I have plenty of HGVC points for 2021 and was wondering if there is a market or process for renting points to another member, where to place a notice, and approximate price. I called HGVC and they said there is no fee to do this but both parties need to be on the phone for transfer.

I am very familiar with DVC point rental and it is super easy on the dedicated DVC websites or even Facebook.

I assume that HGVC points would be worth around $.15 to $.20 each for a 0-9 month booking

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
There is an HGVC resale FB page on which people buy/sell points.

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
I just completed my first purchase of points a couple of days ago... found the seller on the HGVC resale FB page. Worked out slick, a 3-way call to HGVC so both parties could validate their member # and security questions and the transfer was immediate. Booked a week stay at Ocean Oak HH in April the minute we got off the phone!

The only noteworthy item is you can't transfer saved points, only current/next year ( i.e. 2021 or 2022 points ).

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
There is an HGVC resale FB page on which people buy/sell points.

Can one actually buy and sell points within the HGVC rules or is the buy and sell deal done outside the rules, but the transfer of the points goes thru HGVC so a "legal(within the rules)" reservation can be made by the buyer.

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
Can one actually buy and sell points within the HGVC rules or is the buy and sell deal done outside the rules, but the transfer of the points goes thru HGVC so a "legal(within the rules)" reservation can be made by the buyer.
Any payment is done outside of HGVC ( i.e. Venmo, PayPal, etc. ). A reasonable payment suggestion would be to pay 50% before the transfer and 50% after it completes. In terms of HGV rules, I haven't been able to find anything in the club rules about transferring points between members at all.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Agree with @Wright17s. There is nothing in the HGVC rules. I will only add that there must be some level of trust established between the selling and the buyer because the transfer is done via a 3-way call with HGVC. And then there is the payment also between the two outside of the transfer.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does HGVC charge anything for the transfer?

I had no idea this was possible....

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Does HGVC charge anything for the transfer?

I suspect that it's rare enuff that is hasn't occurred to them, yet.
At least not until you brought it up. Thanks.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I suspect that it's rare enuff that is hasn't occurred to them, yet.
At least not until you brought it up. Thanks.
If HGVC got into charging for the transfer they would need to be involved in the money exchange between the parties since they were profiting from the transaction. That would not nessarily be bad for us members since it would let people who have too many points that they don't need get some money for them. However, HGVC wouldn't want to do that since they would rather have members to buy more weeks to get more points. Of course HGVC really wants members to buy more weeks from them, however, even if memebers buy resale it is a benefit to the HGVC Brand and Properties by keeping secondary market prices up and potential defaults down.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they limit you to one transfer per year like DVC does?

I did it 3 times this year (selling) -- found buyers from the facebook page. First time, no questions/no issues. Second time the HGVC rep asked me if it was a transfer to family (I replied "no; a friend")/ no issues. Third time no questions/no issues.

The trust issue beyond the payment aspect is that the HGVC rep will ask both parties for account number, full name, and one security question. If you don't want to expose the answer to the question asked you can request a different question.

As also mentioned in this thread the process I used was: received 1/2 payment, transferred points, received 1/2 payment. Both parties have risk but the buyer experiences risk first. I offer to send a screen shot of my account page showing points to buyer to mitigate concern.

For payment: 2x zelle and 1x paypal friends and family

There seems to be a good mix of buyers and sellers on the facebook page.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
This is good to know. I’m not on social media but may get my daughter to check it out on Facebook. i can see where this could be very helpful. How do you determine how much to charge per point?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is good to know. I’m not on social media but may get my daughter to check it out on Facebook. i can see where this could be very helpful. How do you determine how much to charge per point?

Does anyone know if there are avenues other than Facebook for this? I don't have a FB page and have no interest in getting one, but maybe there's another forum for doing this?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are avenues other than Facebook for this? I don't have a FB page and have no interest in getting one, but maybe there's another forum for doing this?

What are you afraid of.....”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

Hawaii2019

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton at the bay club
I have plenty of HGVC points for 2021 and was wondering if there is a market or process for renting points to another member, where to place a notice, and approximate price. I called HGVC and they said there is no fee to do this but both parties need to be on the phone for transfer.

I am very familiar with DVC point rental and it is super easy on the dedicated DVC websites or even Facebook.

I assume that HGVC points would be worth around $.15 to $.20 each for a 0-9 month booking
[post deleted: advertising not allowed. This forum is only for discussion]

Last edited by a moderator:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I didn't know this existed. What do bHC points rent for on average? Is the buyer required to own a bHC property to transfer into their account as bHC? What if they don't, does it convert as club?

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I didn't know this existed. What do bHC points rent for on average? Is the buyer required to own a bHC property to transfer into their account as bHC? What if they don't, does it convert as club?

{post edited as I realized you were specifically asking about bHC points}

Do your bHC points list separately in your HGVC account? When I did my normal point transfer, only 2021 points were available to shift. Showed up instantly in my account. Might be a different process if bHC.

Honestly this is a game changer for me in terms of looking at the future purchases. I got into HGV cheap with a couple of low-point resales, thinking that I’d target higher price and point deeds later on. I “rented” 5000 points for $750 this year, Thinking I might need extra for a reservation. Seems like kind of a steal As they are legit 2021 points that will still be good through 2022 if I bank them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I didn’t realize a BHC points would be any different. Points are points aren’t they?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Can anyone link to this Facebook group? I'm not much of a FB user and could not find it.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I didn’t realize a BHC points would be any different. Points are points aren’t they?

Most bHC resorts have earlier booking windows for bHC club owners. The thought is if bHC points were transferred to a non-bHC member, would they be able to make a reservation in the earlier bHC owner window.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It sounds like the best option for bHC is to reserve and rent out home week. That way the guest can also have access to the lounge as a guest of the owner.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It sounds like the best option for bHC is to reserve and rent out home week. That way the guest can also have access to the lounge as a guest of the owner.

Wait, people using guest passes at bHC resorts get access to the owners lounge? That’s a game changer.