• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting HGVC points

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
Would someone please explain bHC. Thanks

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Would someone please explain bHC. Thanks

Several HGVC locales are designated “(name of location) By Hilton Club”. New York (not all properties) and DC are foremost examples of this - there are others, usually seen as “prime” locations. Maintenance fees are higher as are purchase prices even on resale market, usually. The booking window for bHC owners at bHC locales is longer, while the booking window for non-bHC owners at bHC locations is much smaller.

That’s at least a start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Several HGVC locales are designated “(name of location) By Hilton Club”. New York (not all properties) and DC are foremost examples of this - there are others, usually seen as “prime” locations. Maintenance fees are higher as are purchase prices even on resale market, usually. The booking window for bHC owners at bHC locales is longer, while the booking window for non-bHC owners at bHC locations is much smaller.

That’s at least a start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@giowop is correct. Many of them seem to be hotel conversions (but not all). They seem to be more like hotels in urban areas (but not all). There is no minimum night reservation as you can book 1 night. New York has (or will have once they are complete) 4 properties while DC, Charleston SC, Honolulu, Okinawa Japan and Los Cabos Mexico all have 1 each. bHC also has the top floor of Elara in Vegas. Supposedly the Chicago property was going to be bHC (it’s the top floor of The Doubletree downtown), but valuation wasn’t high enough. The bHC properties give a 50:1 points trade in for your Hilton Honors account.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
Thanks so much. I’m familiar with by hilton club just couldn’t figure out the abbreviation as I read thru the comments. Thanks for the explanation in greater detail. I was not familiar with all the benefits.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I just had a one night stay in DC and looked at staying at the District but the cost of the points to me would have been double what I paid at the HGI next door ($88). Rates in DC are crazy low considering that the Cherry Blossoms just peaked the day I was there.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rates in DC are crazy low considering that the Cherry Blossoms just peaked the day I was there.

Excellent timing! We're going this evening to a Japanese garden near us for the Hanami festival - cherry blossom viewing.

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
@giowop is correct. Many of them seem to be hotel conversions (but not all). They seem to be more like hotels in urban areas (but not all). There is no minimum night reservation as you can book 1 night. New York has (or will have once they are complete) 4 properties while DC, Charleston SC, Honolulu, Okinawa Japan and Los Cabos Mexico all have 1 each. bHC also has the top floor of Elara in Vegas. Supposedly the Chicago property was going to be bHC (it’s the top floor of The Doubletree downtown), but valuation wasn’t high enough. The bHC properties give a 50:1 points trade in for your Hilton Honors account.

The Honolulu bHC location has been canceled, or least seriously postponed. They mentioned that in one of the quarterly investor calls. Basically that tower was cut due to pandemic and drop in travel demand.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Honolulu bHC location has been canceled, or least seriously postponed. They mentioned that in one of the quarterly investor calls. Basically that tower was cut due to pandemic and drop in travel demand.

Missed that. Wonder if HGVC will use The Modern as their new Honolulu resort. DRI was starting the process of making the hotel into timeshares. It wasn’t part of any trust so it would be easy to move. It was very close to where the bHC property was going to be.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I am reluctant to treat this as a game changer, in terms of long term strategy when it is a strategy being tolerated and facilitated by HGVC, but not formalized. Meaning it could go away at any moment. And the more owners are using it, the more likely that HGVC will either monetize it or pull the plug.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Missed that. Wonder if HGVC will use The Modern as their new Honolulu resort. DRI was starting the process of making the hotel into timeshares. It wasn’t part of any trust so it would be easy to move. It was very close to where the bHC property was going to be.

The Modern is real close to HHV Lagoon and GW tower at the Ewa end of Waikiki. The new bHC is closer got the diamond head end of Waikiki. Located on where Kings Village shopping center used to be. The bHC is across the street from the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and Hyatt Regency.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am reluctant to treat this as a game changer, in terms of long term strategy when it is a strategy being tolerated and facilitated by HGVC, but not formalized. Meaning it could go away at any moment. And the more owners are using it, the more likely that HGVC will either monetize it or pull the plug.

One would think that HGVC authorized the process as a test. The only effect to HGVC is that more of their rooms are occupied. Not sure if this is a benefit or a detriment to HGVC. The ultimate plan has to be monetization. The only issue to me is how much the fee will be. It would be nice if the process could be automated on the website, however, the current website has problems with the existing traffic.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
I am back and forth on this option. I like the idea of buying points when needed and selling if I have to.
However, it does take away from the availability that would otherwise be there if someone couldn’t use there points. Also it breaks the club rules. So it makes me wonder what other rules are so flexible.
ClubPoints Expiration. In the event a Member fails to use any or all of their ClubPoints before expiration, the ClubPoints will expire and will not be available for use in succeeding years. The Member shall have no reservation, exchange, reinstatement or other Point stretching options for any or all
expired ClubPoints. ClubPoints are not transferable. Members should monitor their ClubPoint balances through club.hiltongrandvacations.com.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Modern is real close to HHV Lagoon and GW tower at the Ewa end of Waikiki. The new bHC is closer got the diamond head end of Waikiki. Located on where Kings Village shopping center used to be. The bHC is across the street from the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and Hyatt Regency.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

LOL ! Thanks, I guess I need to stop posting about Hawaii. I thought I saw The Modern next to the proposed bHC resort, but I guess it was HHV.

el1ev1en

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I have plenty of HGVC points for 2021 and was wondering if there is a market or process for renting points to another member, where to place a notice, and approximate price. I called HGVC and they said there is no fee to do this but both parties need to be on the phone for transfer.

I am very familiar with DVC point rental and it is super easy on the dedicated DVC websites or even Facebook.

I assume that HGVC points would be worth around $.15 to $.20 each for a 0-9 month booking
I know this is an old post, but I cannot find anything more pertinant to reply to. I am a DVC opwner and very familiar with renting points to others (via forums or FB--- it is painless thru DVC). Is it HGV point rental similar?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Transferring points from one HGVC member to another is no longer allowed.