• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RENTING from TIMESHARESONLY

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
so i just have to ask this question...HAS ANYONE EVER RENTED FROM TIMESHARES ONLY??? yes i know about the listing fees when selling, but i was just on that website to find a rental and there were some really good prices.
does anyone know A-HOW OFTEN THEY UPDATE THERE SITE and B-other than paying for the unit rental, are there any other fees involved??
thanks a bunch

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I once called them and asked about fees. I can't remember exactly what they were, but there was definitely commission atttached. I believe it was $250.00, but I'm not 100% sure.

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used them a couple of years ago. We rented a 2/2 at the former Embassy on Maui for a great price however when we rented they were listed as vacationsonly.com. The logo is the same on both sites (timesharesonly & vacationsonly). Although we had no issues the BBB gives vacationsonly an unsatisfactory rating but they do state all issues have been resolved. As I recall there was a signed contract with 50% down and the balance 60 days before check in and we were able to put in on our credit card. I do not know how often they update their site and we did not have to pay any additional fees outside of the rental price.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted them earlier this year and the wanted an additional 20% commission.

I didn't go with them because they were very slow to respond to questions since they had to contact the owner to get even the most basic information (such as check-in day).

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
BBB rating for Vacations Only.

Vacations Only is the rental affiliate of Timeshares Only. They verify the reservation for the renter, and hold the funds until the rental has completed. I've checked on the BBB issue in the past- and the complaints were all from sellers regarding the TimesharesOnly marketing side of the company that were upset over the advertising fees- not from people renting out other owner's weeks.

I believe their transaction fee is $225 or 20%, whichever is greater.

I know many brokers and rental agencies get inventory there that they then rent again for a profit.. Don't count on the ad being accurate until it has been verified by a rental agent, however.. TimesharesOnly ads are placed by the owners themselves- and unfortunately- many owners aren't always accurate in their description or knowledge (a timeshare seller's disease I often refer to as Alz-owners syndrome..)..

Good luck!

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
vacations only is good if you are a renter who wants a unit they have at a price you want to pay. They hold money in escrow until your stay is completed. That helps to ensure that the week will be there when you show up.

If you are an owner, they are okay if they have a renter and they find you have what they need. You won't have to pay their fees since they build they that into the rental rate to their renter. It's safe and they provide a 1099, so everything is totally legit. More so than most other places. The issue is that you don't get you money until 2 weeks after the guest checks out.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
significant fees

I contacted them a few days ago, it was for purchsing TS, not renting though. I got a good offer from GMAC (GMAC and Re/max are big sponsors of that site), and when they sent me an invoice, there was additional $400 broker fee!

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to be careful with Timeshares Only. I think it's basically a scam to get paid upfront fees. I made 18 offers yesterday on TS's on their site and got an immediate email that they were immediately forwarding my offers to the owners. I have not gotten one response of any kind from any owner, and my guess is that most of those offers will never be sent to anyone. If you ask a question about a listing (and most listings doesn't have enough info to know what you're buying), it is forwarded to a broker who gets a minimum commission and fees of about $1,000 - $1,500 (part of it I think is a transaction fee that has to be paid by the buyer). So, this is totally useless for most TS's since most aren't worth the minimum commission amount. Most of the TS's on there are drastically overpriced because TS's Only doesn't tell the naive (and probably unknowledgeable) sellers what their TS is really worth since they wouldn't pay the $500 upfront fee.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
You have to be careful with Timeshares Only. I think it's basically a scam to get paid upfront fees...

This is a thread about RENTING through Timeshares Only. Is your experience about RENTING?

Based on the first few posts, I made a note to look into their rental program. If your negative experience is about their RENTING, I won't bother.

Unfortunately, I can't tell whether your post is actually about their upfront fee SELLING program, which like all upfront fee brokers is all about ripping off gullible sellers.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're correct RLG. My experience is about buying, not renting. But if they're slime when it comes to selling, my guess is that some of that slime will carry over to the rest of their products.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
follow-up to my timesharesonly question

well, about 10 days ago i sent out about 10 requests for timesharerentals
from this site and DID NOT GET 1 REPLY!!!
guess i'll stick with the usual sites.