• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting at SeaWatch

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am not a Wyndham owner, though I do own WM points. Was wondering if anyone can send me a link to a renter who could get one of those two level three bedrooms at SeaWatch. Not for this summer, but for next summer. I see 3 bedrooms on redweek and vrbo but I have a feeling those are the "villa" 3 bedrooms, and not the two story ones? I've tried googling for this info but no luck. Thanks.

-Jim

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Jim,

Sounds like you are wanting to stay in the 3 Bed-room Presidential suites which should be in the South Towers at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation.

Getting access during prime summer time is going to take some exceptional planning. The owner of the points required will have to time his or her making of the reservation.

You, as you know, have been wise to plan ahead.

An owner willing to rent to you will have to be on the phone with Wyndham exactly at 8:00 A. M. EST exactly thirteen months to the day prior to your desired check-in date. Demand is very high and there are very few of those 3-Bedroom Presidential Units.

Posting here at the TUG Wyndham Forums is a good place to start.

However, another good place to get matched up with specific individuals who have large quanities of points that they can use to secure such a large unit can be found at the online community for Club Wyndham Owners which is hosted by atozed.com. That site is run by Owners, For Owners & Guests.

Access to the Forum is free; but you will have to establish a Username and gain access by going to their website at forums.atozed.com.

http://forums.atozed.com/viewforum.php?f=71

Once you have established your Username and password and have logged on go to Rental Office at the site. A direct link is provided here:

http://forums.atozed.com/viewforum.php?f=70

Below is a picture of what you are probably looking for:

FP_SeaWatch_3B-Pres.gif

Good Luck,

I may see you there if you decide to go the last week of July.

antjmar

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am not a Wyndham owner, though I do own WM points. Was wondering if anyone can send me a link to a renter who could get one of those two level three bedrooms at SeaWatch. Not for this summer, but for next summer. I see 3 bedrooms on redweek and vrbo but I have a feeling those are the "villa" 3 bedrooms, and not the two story ones? I've tried googling for this info but no luck. Thanks.

-Jim

Goofy is correct you arent looking for a 3br you are looking for the ONE 3 br Penthouse. IMO very difficult to find. They do have "plenty" of 3 brs in the villas and in the South tower but the only one that is 2 floors like you mentioned is the presidential and I am almost positive its only one unit. They also have one 4br presidintial that is 2 floors.

If you did find one I'd imagine it be quite expensive since they are so rare and require quite a few points. Good Luck

Last edited:

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Goofy and antjmar, thank you. Goofy, I really appreicate the illustration of the unit. Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. Didn't know there was just one of those units though. I will sign-up for the site you recommended, but I won't get my hopes up. I will likely just stick with the Marriott, but they do not have three bedrooms. Or, I may look into the Royal Palms, which is a Hilton but I am not sure that place is as nice as the Marriott or Sea Watch in terms of pools and things to do at the resort. Thanks!

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Rental Cost For a 2-BR Ocean Front Unit at Seawatch Plantation

Earlier this evening I received the following PM from a TUGGER. Because the answer may be of interest to others and to promote more discussion I am posting my answer openly within this thread.

Hi Dave,

Do you know off hand what a 2br of unit at ocean watch will rent for this coming July 4th weekend? How about a different July or early August week? Thank you,

My Reponse:

I will assume that you are talking about the weekend before July 4th or the weekend after, because July 4th falls on a Wednesday this year.

I am also assuming that you are talking about Wyndham Seawatch Plantation at North Myrtle Beach, SC.

With those two assumptions in mind, an owner who chooses to rent is going to want to recover his or her maintenance fee for the days rented and probably at least a 50% premium over those maintenance fees.

In order for an owner of points to get access to the Myrtle Beach Resorts during the time frame you are talking about, the owner would have to own at one of the Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts. That is the only way the owner would get Advanced Reservation Priority (ARP) access which is necessary to reserve the time you want.

That same owner would have probably paid at somewhere between $4.75 and $5.35 (estimated) per thousand points in fees just for usage in 2012. (That does not take into consideration what the owner paid in "Sunk Cost" when he or she purchase of the real estate was consummated.)

Based on Weekend usage an owner reserving a Friday night and a Saturday night would have to give up 41,500 of his points plus an extra 24,000 for Sunday night.

Using an estimated $5.15 as the cost of the 2011 maintenance and Fairshare Plus Fees, the owner would have to figure his minimum cost (not counting Sunk cost) at $337.33 and that does not include a Guest Fee if the owner has to pay that fee.

Given the demand for that time frame, the owner should, in my humble opinion, expect to get roughly $750 to $1,000 for the weekend.

I did a quick search on the Internet and found at least one rental offer for a FULL WEEK in early July where the owner was offering a 2-BR ocean VIEW as opposed to Ocean Front at Sea Watch for $1,600.

Keep in mind that at Sea Watch Plantation there are year-a-around owners who rent as well as Wyndham Points owners who rent. So your actual cost of a weekend in July or early August may be less or possible more

Good Luck

antjmar

Reaction score
Or, I may look into the Royal Palms, which is a Hilton but I am not sure that place is as nice as the Marriott or Sea Watch in terms of pools and things to do at the resort. Thanks!

Just to make sure you understand they have 3br's in the villas which are about 1200 S.F. 3 br's in the South tower which are about 1100 SF and oceanfront and the 3br presidential which is about 1800 SF. If you like the resort I wouldnt give up, the first 2 should be easier to rent IMO.

Once again good info Goofy!:)
I will just add that the seawatch points cost about $5.80 and the westwinds UDI contracts are about $6.00:eek: So the actual costs for the owners who own at these resorts would be higher.