• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Abound Points - MVC number for Vistana-only owners

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Have any Vistana owners who are not also MVC owners successfully rented points or had points transferred to their account?

I have a potential Abound reservation I'd like to make, but I will be about 600 points short if I elect points from my 2600 elected SVR unit. I have not elected points yet because I want to ensure I can rent enough points. It makes no sense for me to elect my platinum SDO for only 2375 points, so renting seems to be the most plausible way to get the points needed.

The question I have is how do I find out what my MVC number is to transfer the points into? As per vacationpointexchange I need this for the seller to transfer points to me. I've tried setting up a profile on the MVC site, but it needs a Customer ID number to connect ownership - and I don't have one apparently. I did try calling in to the cross-trained agents and they said I don't have an MVC number.

Any suggestions?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I haven't done this myself but check out this thread / OP for 13 digit number on URL when you enter Abound. Also check sticky for Abound Vistana trained reps.

Good luck!

I am going to give it a try with a verified seller on vacationpointsexchange. I will use the 13-digit number from the website URL, the seller is willing to give them a call and try it.

I note that there is also an 8-digit "contract number" shown on the MVC reservation I made with the Club Points I received for electing Abound on one of my Vistana VOIs. I don't know if that's a useful number, for this purpose, or not.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I haven't done this myself but check out this thread / OP for 13 digit number on URL when you enter Abound. Also check sticky for Abound Vistana trained reps.

Good luck!
Thanks! I don’t know how my search missed that thread. Serves me right for not being on TUG for a few weeks.

I’ll have to try calling the cross-trained agent line again. The one I spoke to earlier insisted I didn’t have a MVC number he could provide.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Thanks! I don’t know how my search missed that thread. Serves me right for not being on TUG for a few weeks.

I’ll have to try calling the cross-trained agent line again. The one I spoke to earlier insisted I didn’t have a MVC number he could provide.
There is a Vistana owner number that is 13 digits and you can get that from owner services. Not sure if that is what you need.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Have any Vistana owners who are not also MVC owners successfully rented points or had points transferred to their account?

I have a potential Abound reservation I'd like to make, but I will be about 600 points short if I elect points from my 2600 elected SVR unit. I have not elected points yet because I want to ensure I can rent enough points. It makes no sense for me to elect my platinum SDO for only 2375 points, so renting seems to be the most plausible way to get the points needed.

The question I have is how do I find out what my MVC number is to transfer the points into? As per vacationpointexchange I need this for the seller to transfer points to me. I've tried setting up a profile on the MVC site, but it needs a Customer ID number to connect ownership - and I don't have one apparently. I did try calling in to the cross-trained agents and they said I don't have an MVC number.

Any suggestions?
Yes, I did this successfully. It took two tries, the first time around the MVC person didn’t know how to do it and said it couldn’t be done, but the second time it was successful. The 13 digit number was what they needed.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
So if you're on the Vistana side, and you click on "Search & Book Reservations" under the "Use Club Points" tab, the first part of the URL you go to is:

"https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/points/pointReservationLandingPage?intMode=VSE&ownerId=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&screenType=SEARCH_RESORTS"

I assume that's the necessary 13 digit number?
I believe that is correct. The first four digits seem to match up to a resort designation, the next six digits to your first owned contract, then the final three digits seem to be a sequential number for the number of owners that have had the contract. Mine starts out with 1502 because my first owned contract was from SVV Bella, then includes the contract number, then 002 as I bought it resale from the prior owner who bought it retail.

I believe the beginning numbers are 1503 for SVV Key West, 1701 for WSJ VGV, 2301 for Lagunamar, and 4101 for Aventuras because those are the initial digits for the contract numbers listed on a tour profile sheet from my last update. That might help verify that you've got the correct 13 digit number from the URL.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I believe that is correct. The first four digits seem to match up to a resort designation, the next six digits to your first owned contract, then the final three digits seem to be a sequential number for the number of owners that have had the contract. Mine starts out with 1502 because my first owned contract was from SVV Bella, then includes the contract number, then 002 as I bought it resale from the prior owner who bought it retail.

I believe the beginning numbers are 1503 for SVV Key West, 1701 for WSJ VGV, 2301 for Lagunamar, and 4101 for Aventuras because those are the initial digits for the contract numbers listed on a tour profile sheet from my last update. That might help verify that you've got the correct 13 digit number from the URL.

My first 4 digits are 2001. Based on what you said, that would be for Kierland.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
My first 4 digits are 2001. Based on what you said, that would be for Kierland.
We can probably classify this info as useless trivia, but who knows...? Maybe someone can use it in the future.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if you're on the Vistana side, and you click on "Search & Book Reservations" under the "Use Club Points" tab, the first part of the URL you go to is:

"https://owners.marriottvacationclub.com/timeshare/mvco/points/pointReservationLandingPage?intMode=VSE&ownerId=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&screenType=SEARCH_RESORTS"

I assume that's the necessary 13 digit number?
Yes, that’s exactly correct.

Anyone who has difficulty finding the number that way can call Vistana and they can give it to you, but the owner ID listed in that URL is the correct number.

I'm not sure I understand why the first four digits would reference a particular resort, since this is a CUSTOMER number, not related to an individual ownership (many of us own multiple VOIs at different properties) but maybe it references the first resort where you owned or something. Again, not sure that's very useful since the number is attached to a customer and not (just) to a particular VOI.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Though it does seem like useless trivia to me, you do seem to be right, assuming that "1901" is WKORV. The middle six digits are indeed my first Vistana (SVO at the time) contract number.

My last three digits are 000, not 001 though. (I bought from the developer.) So if you're 002, that might mean that there were two owners before you, not just one. It's possible that it could have been taken back by Vistana and sold a second time?

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP

My first 4 digits are 1502 as well.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I own many contracts in Vistana, but my first four digits and the next six digits correspond to the contact that I bought resale last (end of 2022), not the first one. What's strange, is that new contract is in it's own separate Vistana account that is not eligible for Abound. Yet, my old Vistana account with contracts eligible for Abound show that contract number in the URL when I click to use Abound points.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I own many contracts in Vistana, but my first four digits and the next six digits correspond to the contact that I bought resale last (end of 2022), not the first one. What's strange, is that new contract is in it's own separate Vistana account that is not eligible for Abound. Yet, my old Vistana account with contracts eligible for Abound show that contract number in the URL when I click to use Abound points.
Same here.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
My last three digits are 000, not 001 though. (I bought from the developer.) So if you're 002, that might mean that there were two owners before you

My last numbers are also 000 but I bought resale so I am not sure we can rely on that info.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The 13 digit sequence doesn't follow that pattern for us:

The first four digits on our "Use Club Points" URL address are 2401, but our first Vistana purchase was Kierland*.
The next six digits do not correspond with any of our current contract numbers.
The final three digits are 001, but we bought resale (although if "000" means developer purchase, that may still be correct).

It may be that this associates with one of our since-sold units (including some Marriott units); does anyone else show "2401" as their initial numbers?

* Thank you @grgs, who gave me much useful advice in 2006

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like mine starts with 1901, the next 6 digits correspond to our first purchase (WKORV) contract number, and the last 3 digits are 000 (WKORV was a developer purchase)

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
Mine starts with 1601, which must be for Sheraton Mountain Vista, and the last 3 are 000 (developer purchase). I also have an MVC customer number that is only 8 digits. The link from my Vistana page with the 13 digits takes me to my 8 digit MVC account that I have from owning some trust points. I haven’t elected Abound points from my Vistana account yet, but everything appears to be linked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I have 1501 as the first four. The first contract we bought was an SVV Bella and I notice that the contract number in the 13 is from our first purchased Bella deed that we sold several years ago. Our 13-digit number ends in a 001 though, even though all of our deeds were bought direct. It seems based on post 17, the last three start at 000. Are you sure the owner you bought from purchased direct? All of our resales were from owners that bought direct.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The next six digits do not correspond with any of our current contract numbers.
Have you sold a contract or even the first contract you bought? I found that the 6 digits didn't match a current contract number but matched an old one we had sold.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 1501 as the first four. The first contract we bought was an SVV Bella and I notice that the contract number in the 13 is from our first purchased Bella deed that we sold several years ago. Our 13-digit number ends in a 001 though, even though all of our deeds were bought direct. It seems based on post 17, the last three start at 000. Are you sure the owner you bought from purchased direct? All of our resales were from owners that bought direct.
As I pointed out a few posts back, if a particular VOI had been sold, then taken back by the developer for any reason (trade-in, foreclosure, ROFR, etc.) they might then sell it again, but it would no longer be "000" since it was not the first time that particular VOI (unit-week) had been sold. So after a resort had been selling for several years, the developer's inventory could consist of original never-sold ("000") inventory plus a mishmash of previously-sold deeds that had come back into inventory and would have different suffixes.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No idea if they bought direct - I just made the assumption.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

My owner ID is different than my husband's , but we share the same pool of Abound pts/star options because both are names are on the deeds. However my husband's ID starts with '0132' for SVR Spas section, and mine starts with '0125' for SVR Lakes section. We bought the Lakes unit from developer to retro in the Spas unit. But my ending number is '001' so the Lakes unit was probably traded in or foreclosed on.

Since my husband is primary in Abound, I have to be careful to make Abound reservations under his name to get Bonvoy elite night credits.
When I'm logged in on VSN, I can make star options reservations with his name as on reservation, and the nights are accrued to his Bonvoy account. However the single Abound reservation I made under my own account, was accrued to me, so I have to call to change it to husband's name.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Have you sold a contract or even the first contract you bought? I found that the 6 digits didn't match a current contract number but matched an old one we had sold.
I've bought and sold a bunch, but I still own the first Starwood purchase in my "portfolio" -- the Kierland unit whose contract number doesn't match.

I tossed my files from the various traders we later bought and then sold (SDO, SBP, etc.) so I cannot research your theory.

TAT

Reaction score

Coming back to an old thread, but I wanted to confirm that the 13 digit number (from the URL) was the right one? I’m getting ready to venture down the same path and want to know I’m giving the seller the right number.