• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Remote workers - there is a cruise ship for you!

geekette

Reaction score

I think it's good re-use of a ship, but for the bid price, how long do you get to stay, and what's the food deal?? I like cruise ship food, but is it included, or might I have an in-cabin kitchenette??

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hilarious. Can’t wait to see what happens...

According to the company's website, the ship will use "the newest cruise industry health and safety standards" such as onboard testing and "preventative doses of hydroxychloroquine," the anti-malaria drug that studies have found to be ineffective against treating the coronavirus.

I wonder if hydroxychloroquine is included with the purchase price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geekette

Reaction score
Hilarious. Can’t wait to see what happens...

I wonder if hydroxychloroquine is included with the purchase price.

Yeah, I thought that a very odd feature to highlight!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like cruise ship food, but is it included, or might I have an in-cabin kitchenette??
Fire is the enemy of ships. You won't find any in-cabin cooking facilities.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Hmm. Interesting ... but the crowd they are courting will expect (demand?) especially high-speed, high-reliability internet. Ships rarely have impressive internet ...? And "anchored" off Panama? Not particularly appealing ...?

geekette

Reaction score
Very good point! Definitely don't trust computer geeks to get the pizza out of the oven on time. dorm fridge maybe??

geekette

Reaction score
Hmm. Interesting ... but the crowd they are courting will expect (demand?) especially high-speed, high-reliability internet. Ships rarely have impressive internet ...? And "anchored" off Panama? Not particularly appealing ...?
I would expect this would be outfitted with serious bandwidth high speed, based on their internet market.

also not into anchored anywhere. for that money, I'd like to circle the world.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would expect this would be outfitted with serious bandwidth high speed, based on their internet market.

I am sure providing both are not possible and thats why it would stay in place. Also getting on and off the ship or just endlessly circling the world? Access to a provide beach or so would be nice.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

There’s always an exception...

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked the idea this would saved some older cruises ships, saved some jobs for cruise workers and this could act as a testing model for how remote workers and cruise ship workers could survive in this environment. I liked the idea. This is out of the box thinking. IMHO.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

This ship could be refitted by the remote workers to have the highest and most sophisticated internet in the world.

I would still have restaurants onboard and I would anchored the first experimental ship near India, Pakistan or China.

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret

I think it's good re-use of a ship, but for the bid price, how long do you get to stay, and what's the food deal?? I like cruise ship food, but is it included, or might I have an in-cabin kitchenette??
Wow it's incredible how every time there are new ideas in the way of living and working. It seems to me that it has its advantages and disadvantages, but I don't know if living inside a cruise ship for a long time is a good idea... what do you think?

geekette

Reaction score
Wow it's incredible how every time there are new ideas in the way of living and working. It seems to me that it has its advantages and disadvantages, but I don't know if living inside a cruise ship for a long time is a good idea... what do you think?
I am honestly not sure how long until novelty is gone and then how long until kicking self for doing this....

I generally like Separation in life. Working from home makes everything blend. Taking that to what was a rare treat could go very badly for me but provide great backdrops for Zoom. Some might depend upon shipmates. If my job wasn't too demanding of brain cells or most hours of the 24, it could be a lot of fun.

I would be inclined to take shortest lease possible and renew if I dig it. I could dig it, I don't know. We are unlikely to find out at these opening bid prices!

If I were still a young person, and could afford it, sure, why not? But for where I am in life now, I think I'd rather cruises remain a rare treat. Cruise ships that actually sail around are always going to be more interesting to me.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an old article. I was just reading this article in The Guardian this morning about this company.

The disastrous voyage of Satoshi, the world’s first cryptocurrency cruise ship | Cryptocurrencies | The Guardian

Ocean Builders actually obtained a cruise ship from P & O which was the regal princess in a former life. It was renamed MS Satoshi. They sailed the ship to Panama and planned on permanently docking offshore at a offshore housing community they are building. However, the Panamanian gov't would not allow them to reclassify the ship as housing or something similar.

They would still be subject to cruise ship regulations which would require them to sail out to so many miles offshore to dump their used water/refuse. They decided it was unworkable and sold the ship to a new cruise line from England. It will be refurbished and renamed the MS Ambiance.