• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

? regarding pending request with II

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently placed a pending request (for family members) with II using a deposited Marriott week. I've requested Marriott weeks in Hawaii and placed the request just prior to flexchange.

In the past I've seen discussions on TUG about pending requests during flexchange not being fulfilled.

I'm curious because I know when I've posted sightings during flexchange sometimes a TUGger will say "Hey, I have a request in for that week. How come it didn't match to my request before you were able to see it in available inventory?"

Based on your experiences do you think the II computers continue to search during flexchange or will my request likely sit there for 59 days with no matches?

Thanks!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
During flexchange period, I would not trust ongoing search.
I would search the website often, just in case.
Some of the flexchange marriott deposits didn't have priority according to my experiences.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem with flexchange is how the II system functions. It seems that when someone makes a deposit, it goes in to the general inventory pool before a regularly scheduled sweep comes through to move the inventory to the pool to be reviewed for matches in an overnight process.

The problem is that during this time the week is in the general inventory pool, people are all over them. There are lots of people watching flexchange like a hawk (we have had the II search up and just clicked search about every 10 minutes). These people can confirm the week before the sweep comes through and pulls it for comparison against ongoing searches.

This is all just theory, but based on experience it appears to be what is happening.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for both responses. Your replies confirm my experiences with flexchange.

I have suspected that the computer makes a "sweep" of existing inventory once or twice a day (or night). Obviously the really great weeks don't last that long, someone likely grabs them before the computer can assign the week to a pending request.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for both responses. Your replies confirm my experiences with flexchange.

I have suspected that the computer makes a "sweep" of existing inventory once or twice a day (or night). Obviously the really great weeks don't last that long, someone likely grabs them before the computer can assign the week to a pending request.

The request matching process happens only once a day, sometime in the middle of the night. It seems though that there are other sweeps of new deposits that happens more regularly during the day that moves them out of the general inventory to wait for the overnight process.

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just calling a few years ago to ask a question and the agent said let me see something....and guess what...she had a week at MOC. So I suggest calling at times as well.

I have always been able to get great trades but now see that the inventory looks less and less on Interval. We have 1 Aruba unit and have always been able to get what we needed but options seem less and less these days. Wonder if others who have not purchased points are experienceing this.

And I was always able to find things during flexchange in the past. Now I see studios mostly for the places I am looking.

Karen