• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek's rental experience through their verify process has been extremely difficult! I am never going to rent this way again.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I finally found a week for Sheraton Broadway Plantation that I have been requesting through TUG's last-minute rental board. I had to pay a premium price to rent this one bedroom unit for 8/20-8/27. I am already upset that I paid $1,399 total for the week with taxes and Redweek verify fees, and now they are asking for my Driver's License to prove my identity, plus they have a form for me to sign to say that I am renting this for another person. The problem is, they haven't given me any kind of form to sign. Send me a form and I will jump through your hoops to get this form back.

This company is disorganized and asking questions is like talking to a wall. Where is this form? And when I am a Redweek member and they have my email and my cell phone #, why do I even need to prove that it's me. Call me, text me, check my credentials. I am using my actual credit card I use for my own Redweek ads.

And I am kind of mad at TUG too because if I would have been able to say that I will pay $1,399 for a last-minute rental week that I needed, I could have gotten someone to reserve that for me. $800 limit is ridiculous for a rentals wanted ad. Why can I not tell people upfront that I will pay more than $800. I should be able to pay WHATEVER I AM WILLING TO PAY for a rental I need. I would rather have rented from a TUG member. Admittedly, I would have paid $1,200 total to a TUG member. This is so incredibly stupid.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
When you're hungry you're not yourself. Snickers?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There was no star option availability for the week you wanted. It was only available for those with unreserved non svn home weeks. So the cost you were willing to pay on tug was not the problem. I had all my summer weeks reserved at least 11 months in advance and rented out or committed to family 6 months ago.

What you are doing with your redweek rental is acting as a broker. I am not surprised there is additional hoops to jump through. Some states require that you have a real estate or brokers license to act as a 3rd party broker when renting our some one else's unit.

Tug has the rental wanted section without the price limit. You listed there but no one had what you were looking for or someone would have contacted you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There was no star option availability for the week you wanted. It was only available for those with unreserved non svn home weeks. So the cost you were willing to pay on tug was not the problem. I had all my summer weeks reserved at least 11 months in advance and rented out or committed to family 6 months ago.

What you are doing with your redweek rental is acting as a broker. I am not surprised there is additional hoops to jump through. Some states require that you have a real estate or brokers license to act as a 3rd party broker when renting our some one else's unit.

Tug has the rental wanted section without the price limit. You listed there but no one had what you were looking for or someone would have contacted you.
I tried to request a rental on that last-minute section once before and said I would pay more than $800, and my request was taken down. So you cannot say you will pay more. It's maybe insinuated when you really need something.

I was happy to pay the $1,399 for the week, but Redweek should know who I am without all of this hoopla.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I am a little angry. I was typing with gusto for sure.
Sorry couldn't resist, as your posts are usually pretty fact based informative even keel.

Customer service is so poor these days, and so template based, definitely frustrating.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry couldn't resist, as your posts are usually pretty fact based informative even keel.

Customer service is so poor these days, and so template based, definitely frustrating.
You are absolutely right. And Tracey is also right that it does seem suspicious, but Redweek should definitely know who I am.

I wish I could have gotten it with Koala. The booking fee was $100 and the tax was also $100.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@rickandcindy23 Can’t you say in your last minute rental forum request “Willing to entertain ALL offers, PM me”. Most owners would read between the lines. Now that I said that, the Mods will be looking for this so I probably jinxed it.

I usually get PM’s on my last minute rental request which are offers for more than $800. The last one I got was from a verified scammer who got booted from TUG.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can’t you say in your last minute rental forum request “Willing to entertain ALL offers, PM me”. Most owners would read between the lines. Now that I said that, the Mods will be looking for this so I probably jinxed it.

I usually get PM’s on my last minute rental request which are offers for more than $800. The last one I got was from a verified scammer who got booted from TUG.
Maybe. I was so hoping to help a TUGger out with this one, but it was not to be.

I made an offer to buy a lockoff unit from a TUG member (through the TUG classifieds) who has one for sale for a pretty big price tag, considering what I have historically paid for SBP. I am hoping he sells it because I could make bank selling my weeks for that price. I just am not willing to pay that much for another one.

I will wait until the timeshare market tanks again. It's bound to happen, or should I say "abound" to happen.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think you didn't get contacts about this because of the price limit. It was because no one had the week or an unreserved home week that could book it. I checked for staroptions and it was perfectly clear that you were willing to pay more. If I have something that someone wants the only reason I wouldn't contact on the LMR (because I know my offer would be over the limit) is if they specifically say something like "I am on a tight budget and looking for a great offer" or "Please don't contact me with any offers over the LMR per day limit"