• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek Rentals - Full Service vs Verified vs On Your Own

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I have one week of 2BR oceanfront Lagoon Tower in Oahu (April), and one week of 2BR ocean view in Lagoon Tower (July), both going up for rent. I intend to use Redweek full-service. They are high-demand rooms so if priced fairly they should not be hard to rent, and I like not having to have much of anything to do with it. Moreover, worst-case scenario, a cancellation, and I can cancel the reservations and move the points to 2023 (albeit with a small fee) and do it again.

What I do generally is I reserve my floating week (Hilton Lagoon Tower) a year out on high-demand times like spring break or 4th of July. With maintenance fees of about $1800, it’s quite easy to rent these for a good profit (rental $3500-$5000).

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like RW has revised its Covid cancellation policy: Covid is now not unforeseen and allows renter cancellation only if the resort is shut down completely. This would seem to be a more balanced approach than what they did previously.

I still wouldn't trust them after what they did initially. Would never use full week service with them because of that.

auntiepen

Reaction score
I’m very new to the rental services. I would like to try to rent my timeshare to see if it’s worthwhile. Are you guys using the redweek for rental service? What’s verified rental? Is it with redweek too? Thank you in advance

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I’m very new to the rental services. I would like to try to rent my timeshare to see if it’s worthwhile. Are you guys using the redweek for rental service? What’s verified rental? Is it with redweek too? Thank you in advance
Verified is another service where Redweek asks for verification that you own and have reserved what it is you are renting. You can also try go-koala.com, similar to Redweek full service except no upfront cost and 8% when it rents.

auntiepen

Reaction score
Verified is another service where Redweek asks for verification that you own and have reserved what it is you are renting. You can also try go-koala.com, similar to Redweek full service except no upfront cost and 8% when it rents.
Thank you

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't usually recommed RW's full-service option, but for your first rental, it may be a good option.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I haven’t done the math, but I believe that 8% is quite a bit more than RW ends up costing. So you are trading the higher, but fully contingent cost with a lower, but you have to pay it whether you rent or not cost. I am renting a 2BR Ocean Front Lagoon Tower (Waikiki). That’s about $5000. At 8% that’s $400. Roughly double RW full service I believe.

auntiepen

Reaction score
I am going to RE read the whole thread again to understand more on how to rent my vacation that I might not be able to use due to the health issues. At the beginning I thought I’ll go to extra holiday with the Wyndham but this thread convinced me that RW verified might be the best suit for an inexperienced renter.
can someone walk me step by step to do this? Such as first step is to be a member of RW , put ad, preparing rental agreement etc
[Details deleted so as not to appear to be an Ad] I’m willing to pay for the rental agreement if you think it’s give the better protection. I appreciate all your help
Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You are the perfect candidate for Redweek's full-service option, and they will walk you through it and handle everything:

Click here to rent it:
Or to sell it, click here:

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
@auntiepen Make sure you can rent your Wyndham week before listing it for rent because Wyndham has changed the rules and has a long list of resorts we can no longer add guests to. It's ridiculous, but it's happened. If you own a fixed/ floating week, this wouldn't apply to you, but if you own points, make sure you don't have a problem.

You could always try go-koala.com as well, but Redweek is good. I am not trying to advertise with go-koala.com but I have had some good luck with it myself (and no money upfront). They can also advise you on what would rent and they know what resorts do not allow guest confirmations to be added.

auntiepen

Reaction score
@auntiepen Make sure you can rent your Wyndham week before listing it for rent because Wyndham has changed the rules and has a long list of resorts we can no longer add guests to. It's ridiculous, but it's happened. If you own a fixed/ floating week, this wouldn't apply to you, but if you own points, make sure you don't have a problem.

You could always try go-koala.com as well, but Redweek is good. I am not trying to advertise with go-koala.com but I have had some good luck with it myself (and no money upfront). They can also advise you on what would rent and they know what resorts do not allow guest confirmations to be added.
@rickandcindy23 I have CWA , platinum. I normally booked for friends and family In the past. How do I find out if I can rent it? Call Wyndham? Thanks for give me a head up

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
@rickandcindy23 I have CWA , platinum. I normally booked for friends and family In the past. How do I find out if I can rent it? Call Wyndham? Thanks for give me a head up
We have Wyndham Platinum Founders and a bunch of reservations we had names added by the date Wyndham set for adding guest reservations, which was 6/18, but they are cancelling our reservations, anyway. This has been happening today.

auntiepen

Reaction score
We have Wyndham Platinum Founders and a bunch of reservations we had names added by the date Wyndham set for adding guest reservations, which was 6/18, but they are cancelling our reservations, anyway. This has been happening today.
Did they say why they canceled your reservation?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did they say why they canceled your reservation?
They were mistakenly cancelled and some were lost forever. We had to reimburse a few of the renters. It's still not resolved. Owner Care was sympathetic. We followed the rules.

If you are okay with the payouts, go-koala has a list of needs they need to fulfill. They have taken the time to take out any rentals that are not allowed. Here it is:

paulgamla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
San Luis Bay Inn
I have been away from these threads for some time. I have been renting with my own contract for almost 20 years. As I have multiple weeks at the same resort and multiple repeat renters, I allow one ad to do the work for the summer. I only bother to rent when the kids are out of school.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can you actually put an ad in several websites for the same rental?
Do companies only advertise on one channel or one TV show?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you actually put an ad in several websites for the same rental?
You can, as long as you take it down after you get it rented.