• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek 21 million CWA for sale

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this an indication of someone permanently closing up their rental business?
Out of curiosity, I asked the seller how many contracts this is spread across. No response yet
Thoughts?

Last edited:

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I would assume it would have to be. You could make a 300K point weekly rental every week of the year, for 52 weeks, and still only use < 16M points. I see no other reason to have 21M points except to have a rental business. Maybe I am missing something, but I am not sure what it would be.... maybe a REALLY REALLY REALLY large family. :)

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The MF on 21,000,000 CWA points is $152,250. That's more than most Club Wyndham owners make in a year lol.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We own a little under 10 million points and our fees are under $60K a year. I guess it depends where you own. We do have a rental business. Our daughter does, anyway.

troy12n

Reaction score
The MF on 21,000,000 CWA points is $152,250. That's more than most Club Wyndham owners make in a year lol.

I was just going to ask "OMG, I don't even want to know how much they are paying in MF"... especially with all their points in Access...

We own a little under 10 million points and our fees are under $60K a year. I guess it depends where you own. We do have a rental business. Our daughter does, anyway.

That 23 million is in Access, which have some of, if not THE worst MF per thousand outside of PR.

Someone owning that much in CWA would have to be running a full time rental business. Otherwise, why have it all in Access? Or maybe they are a Fundamentalist Mormon family of like 50 people?

I would assume it would have to be. You could make a 300K point weekly rental every week of the year, for 52 weeks, and still only use < 16M points. I see no other reason to have 21M points except to have a rental business. Maybe I am missing something, but I am not sure what it would be.... maybe a REALLY REALLY REALLY large family. :)

I think I saw a post from someone here about living full time in timeshares and was wondering how many points that might take, but you reference using 300k/wk which is awful high and not using discounts or exchange possibilities. Even renting with that many points would have to just about be a full time job...

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

$152,670 if it's with a developer program fee. That $0.02 adds up. Lol

An account this large being sold and transferred intact may have happened before the infamous Freeze of August 2016 but I don't see Wyndham allowing that to happen now. The only way I could see it happening is in a number of transfers. However at some point Wyndham is very likely to say you've reached the maximum number of contracts or points they'll allow in one account. Not all transfers make it through the review process.

I have no idea how much they're asking for this on Redweek. Anyone else know?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They better have a bunch of people on the account to be able to make the number of non-overlapping reservations that would be required.

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score

Does she have a website, FB page etc.? Would love to have the info for future rental inquiries.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
They better have a bunch of people on the account to be able to make the number of non-overlapping reservations that would be required.

Very true.

I wonder how long this has been listed on Redweek. If it's recent maybe we're seeing the fallout of Wyndham not allowing guest names to be added at for some dates at certain resorts. Coupled with the higher maintenance fees on CWA points that may have made someone decide it's time to get out. Renting 21M points a year isn't a profitable past time that just takes a few hours of your time a week. It's a job and a lot more hours than most people would expect or want to do.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I asked the seller how many contracts this is spread across. No response yet
Thoughts?
You would think they would try to sell it as a rental business if it is one. That would show whatever value there is to having all those points.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thoughts?

Also, how many points retail and how many resale? Because, I don't care how many points are in an account, if it's not Platinum/Founders, it will be very hard to make money. And VIP status doesn't transfer, meaning these points are most valuable to someone who already has VIP status.

Last edited:

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
$152,670 if it's with a developer program fee. That $0.02 adds up. Lol

An account this large being sold and transferred intact may have happened before the infamous Freeze of August 2016 but I don't see Wyndham allowing that to happen now. The only way I could see it happening is in a number of transfers. However at some point Wyndham is very likely to say you've reached the maximum number of contracts or points they'll allow in one account. Not all transfers make it through the review process.

I have no idea how much they're asking for this on Redweek. Anyone else know?
$99k with the statement "make offer"
Just for kicks, how much would this cost if all bought as developer.....estimated of course.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Something seriously amiss with that listing. Here's what it says.

• Point Allotment: 21,203,000
  • Maintenance Fee: $29,000.00
  • Banked Points: 0
  • Anniversary: January
  • Ownership Type: Right to use through forever
  • Use: Annual
POSTING DETAILS AND CONTACTABOUT THE TIMESHARE COMPANY
  • Make offer.
    21,203,000 Annual Club Access Points.
    Maintenance fees of $2800 per month.
    Usage available in 2021.

Interested in this posting?
Maintenance fees of $2,800/month on 21 million points?? NO WAY!

Also, $2,800 X 12 = $33,600, not $29,000.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Even with the lowest maintenance fees, which CWA points are definitely not, those figures are accurate for 6-7M points max.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
$99k with the statement "make offer"
Just for kicks, how much would this cost if all bought as developer.....estimated of course.

I'm out of touch with the current developer prices. However I'd guess that $100k might get you as much as 700k-800k points in a developer purchase if you somehow got a really amazing sweet deal.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?
With all the recent changes and limitations on GC's I'm surprised more haven't tapped out. IMHO Wyndham will eliminate all of the abuse on rentals. The mega renters that were paid to exit during the big freeze or cancel and re book shake down were really the lucky ones. Who in their right mind would even want 21 million points for free in todays environment?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
With all the recent changes and limitations on GC's I'm surprised more haven't tapped out. IMHO Wyndham will eliminate all of the abuse on rentals. The mega renters that were paid to exit during the big freeze or cancel and re book shake down were really the lucky ones. Who in their right mind would even want 21 million points for free in todays environment?

Especially CWA............. *BARF*

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially CWA............. *BARF*
CWA is comparable to saying thank you to a cop for a ticket. At least the cop is actually doing his job when enforcing the law. Unlike a sales weasel hoodwinking someone to sell their deeded for a CWA higher priced maintenance fee ownership.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The broker says that listing has been taken down. He got bum dope from the owner.

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something seriously amiss with that listing. Here's what it says.

• Point Allotment: 21,203,000
  • Maintenance Fee: $29,000.00
  • Banked Points: 0
  • Anniversary: January
  • Ownership Type: Right to use through forever
  • Use: Annual
POSTING DETAILS AND CONTACTABOUT THE TIMESHARE COMPANY
  • Make offer.
    21,203,000 Annual Club Access Points.
    Maintenance fees of $2800 per month.
    Usage available in 2021.

Interested in this posting?

I was the one that listed it, based on the owners information, before verifying with their online account. Got a step ahead of myself when I was adding new listings. I am still waiting for some more information from them, but it is definitely not 21 Million points.

Sorry for all the excitement

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I was the one that listed it, based on the owners information, before verifying with their online account. Got a step ahead of myself when I was adding new listings. I am still waiting for some more information from them, but it is definitely not 21 Million points.

Sorry for all the excitement
John, now that makes sense. I was thinking that was very low MF's.