• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Red Sea, Egypt RCI timeshares and snorkeling/diving

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I really enjoy snorkeling and I’m a certified diver and I’m interested in visiting the Red Sea, Egypt to do so. RCI has several resorts on the Red Sea in the cities of Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada.

I‘d like to know if anyone has had any experience either staying at the RCI resorts on the Red Sea in Egypt or snorkeling or diving in the Red Sea. I’m interested in the resorts that have a house reef, but I would also plan on doing boat trips. Any feedback on the condition of the resorts? I’ve checked out TA. Thanks.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DS was deployed to Egypt last year and Sharm el Sheikh was one of the few locations that they were allowed to take leave and visit. I have no knowledge of the rci resorts there but there are lots of opportunities to dive...it is a very touristy destination. DS and his girlfriend did go scuba diving and they said it was fantastic....BUT they have not been anywhere else . Crystal clear turquoise water, neon-colored fish and coral reefs. They stayed at one of the Savoy hotels and he booked through the hotel.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ds says they used dive and discover...he could only use vendors approved by the military office. This one is Europeans and was padi certified

Last edited:

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) We stayed for 2 weeks at the Hiton timeshare in Sharm El Sheikh about 9 years ago. It was right after the government overthrow and everyone had gone home. The first week we were there we wandered the Promenade up and down and enjoyed meeting all the locals. We never saw another Westerner the whole first week. By the second week, Europeans were beginning to come back, so things were a bit liveler. By the time we left, I think we knew all the local shopkeepers, locals who lived and worked there in Sharm, all the staff at the Hilton timeshare and knew almost all by name and they all knew ours. We were like celebrities, the Egyptians there would say to us I have never seen and American before, we hear the come to Egypt but we don't see them because they are either on a tour or a cruise ship. We found that very funny. I have wonderful memories of beautiful , and friendly people we met who felt like family by the time we left. and the great times wandering the Promenade, and surrounding area chatting with the people. I still remember most of their faces and names. I LOVED that trip! Beautiful spot, lovely beautiful people!
:)

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Thank you @chellej and @mav for your input. On Facebook I am a member of the group ”Snorkeling Travel Friends” and there are several members who have been to the Red Sea. I will ask questions there. By looking at the timeshare websites they seem to cater to European visitors. And there are direct flights from Europe.

For snorkeling fans, here are some pictures I took around the Caribbean:
3B4A6EC8-F925-46A7-ABCA-86FFF4323053.jpeg

51833F35-19ED-47A3-95C0-E0B2B85A508E.jpeg

412A82C0-8112-4398-B0A1-3C8179FAB9F9.jpeg

6CD61DA9-3287-4805-966A-20FF73DEA579.jpeg

6C359F01-D8AF-479E-A072-4B1993D399EE.jpeg

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) I hope you have as wonderful time as we did! The glass bottom boat ride is great too if someone goes with you who doesn't dive. There is a Marriott Hotel and a Hilton that are right on the Promenade , steps from the beach and the red Sea. We stayed at the Hilton timeshare with is only a 5 minute walk from there. The Egyptian people:) are so lovely and friendly! The diving looks wonderful, we don't dive ourselves. Thank you for posting the pics. Yes, from what we understand, no Americans go there, just from all over Europe and also many Russians. The Americans are all on cruises and tours. LOL! The word was all up and down the promenade within 2 days of arriving and the locals would run to us and want to chat about a relative or friend who lived in the USA and loved it. We were thanked SO MANY times for coming to their country and to Sharm el Sheik we were actually amazed.
After we left Sharm we spent 2 weeks in Cairo. Believe it or not, the Hilton hotel we stayed at was completely unoccupied except for our unit. In 36 hours we knew the entire staff. Again friendly, lovely people. We toured all the sights, museums, went to Luxor, Alexandria, mosques, and church's , with a private guide and there were no tourists, only us and the workers. The locals around the area where amazing and within 2 days recognized us and would wave and chat as we would wander by'. Again, we were thanked so many times for coming to their country we could hardly believe it. We have beautiful memories of Egypt.