• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommendations who to use to create a Trust

tklement

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recent experience with creating a Trust and having their timeshares put in it? Any recommendations on who to use? I think I've previously seen Hawaii Document Service and LT Transfers. Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much it costs? Thank you.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Creating a Trust is a legal document, and always best done by trust attorneys. LTT simply does title transfers, nothing to do with setting up trusts. I have never heard of Hawaii Document Service but they are unlikely to be trust attorneys. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars creating and updating the trusts through the years, all done by trust attorneys.

GerryWA

Reaction score
Anyone have recent experience with creating a Trust and having their timeshares put in it? Any recommendations on who to use? I think I've previously seen Hawaii Document Service and LT Transfers. Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much it costs? Thank you.
Think twice before you put it in a trust. They arent worth much on resale market and difficult to sell. This could really raise havoc with trying to disburse and close the trust in the future. Talk to your trust attorney.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
This thread will be interesting to follow.

It is my understanding from past threads that if the timeshare owners are deceased and the TS is not in a trust and has enough value that it makes sense to sell it, that it will be difficult to sell. Hopefully, Leslie D. will opine.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Derek Christensen (derek@legionlawpllc.com), also in Dallas, created my trust. I haven't gone through the transfer of my timeshares to it. I haven't decided if I want to do that. He was easy to work with to create my trust and various other estate documents (wills, POA's, etc.

www.legionlawpllc.com

Last edited:

tklement

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I'll do some more research. All of my timeshares are WKOR and Nanea so hopefully they retain value more than others :) Just not sure if our kids would use them as much as we do.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I'll do some more research. All of my timeshares are WKOR and Nanea so hopefully they retain value more than others :) Just not sure if our kids would use them as much as we do.
We put all of our timeshares into our Trust, so that the timeshares won't have to go through probate. Also, the final trustee of our Trust will be able to sell the TS more easily if they are not tied up in probate, if those are the wishes of our family. They can also be used by the family until which time they decide they no longer want to keep the TS, since we will be leaving them enough funds for the MFs.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We used an attorney in California who specialized in trusts to draw up our trust. We did put our timeshares into the trust. When we moved to New Mexico we consulted another attorney who "tweaked" our trust to adhere to New Mexican laws. He also drew up wills, power of attorney and advance directives for both of us.