• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

recommendations for a GPS with international map

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, any recs for a GPS that will be easy to use and to purchase international maps.. ie europe for this trip... been looking around and would like something inexpensive.. thanks...:) checked tomtoms, garmin and magellen, cost $189- $199 at Bjs, circity city, best buy:)

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Garmins with model numbers that end in 70 have US and European maps. I don't know if you will find one for under $200.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
It sounds like you want a US model for normal usage, but also be able to add the international maps when you travel. As mentioned, Garmin does offer this. I'm sure the others do as well. I would recommend purchasing the american map model and then buying the european map from Garmin directly. I believe the price was about $70 for the maps.

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you want a US model for normal usage, but also be able to add the international maps when you travel. As mentioned, Garmin does offer this. I'm sure the others do as well. I would recommend purchasing the american map model and then buying the european map from Garmin directly. I believe the price was about $70 for the maps.
Map updates are around $70, but if you don't already have the European maps installed, the price to buy them is about 3 times that. It is more cost effective to buy a GPS with the maps preinstalled.

JACKTRAVEL

TUG Member
Reaction score
GPS for Europe

We bought a Garmin 370 which includes europe map last October and have used it driving in Sicily, Spain and a on a Baltic Sea cruise to walk around the ports of call. We are very happy with it and it currently goes for around $275 on Amazon, mine cost about $100 more last Oct.

It was pretty interesting that while on the cruise ship if you ask for a route while in the middle of the sea it would pick up a ferry route if you were close to it and route you on that and by road once it docked. If there was no ferry route close it would not compute.

CarlK

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the banana belt of Southwestern Ontario
I bought a TomTom GO 920, which came with European maps installed. We have used it in Canada, the US, and Italy, and it works very well. Unfortunately, it was not inexpensive, although the price has probably come down.
Carl

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TigerDirect is offering the Garmin Nuvi 200W for $180 and the Garmin Nuvi 650 for $230. In reading the Garmin web site, it looks to me like you can purchase and load their Europe map for an additional $150.

Disclaimer -- I know nothing about either one of these GPS units, other than the fact that Garmin is a respected name in GPS. You should take a look and see if either of these units would meet your needs.

-Bob

jkkee

TUG Member
Reaction score

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ding! We have a winner!

Getting a GPS that includes both North America and Europe maps for under $200 is a steal! Congratulations.