• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommendation for online fresh caught seafood

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm under pressure from daughter regarding farmed fish. I'm used to eating fish at least once a week. For years would buy whatever was cheapest from local stores, usually farmed tilapia. After doing some research, I am finally convinced farmed may not be healthiest choice. I recently decided to try one of the online vendors for fresh caught, frozen. Unfortunately, there was a delivery delay through Fedex. (Not a good thing when the high temp here was 102 degrees.) I had some trouble locating a phone number to call, and while searching I was surprised at the number of vendors offering this service.

I've seen mention from Tuggers regarding use of such service and wondering if any have positive or other feedback.

Thanks in advance.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Best places to order online seafood delivery for 2020 compared.

Just appeared online today - timely for your query.

Richard

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Almost all Salmon and Tilapia is farmed. Salmon is large circular net Pens primarily in the Atlantic. The have to add special colouring to the feed so the flesh turns out red and not gray. Tilapia in large ponds that tend to have murky water and little circulation. It is always a crap shoot if the fish you receive is actually what was advertised. Several years ago a large study was done on the West Coast. Most of the time in the average restaurant the Fish was not what was listed on the Menu. There were also large discrepancies at most Fish Stores.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Almost all Salmon and Tilapia is farmed. Salmon is large circular net Pens primarily in the Atlantic. The have to add special colouring to the feed so the flesh turns out red and not gray. Tilapia in large ponds that tend to have murky water and little circulation. It is always a crap shoot if the fish you receive is actually what was advertised. Several years ago a large study was done on the West Coast. Most of the time in the average restaurant the Fish was not what was listed on the Menu. There were also large discrepancies are most Fish Stores.
Interesting. I'm pretty much always able to get wild Salmon. In fact the frozen salmon filets we get at Costco are wild Alaskan salmon. And I always ask at a restaurant. If it's farmed, I don't order it.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
The Costco frozen Salmon fillets are Wild caught. The "fresh salmon" at Costco is either Atantic Farm raised or wild caught but previously frozen. Always read everything in detail.

A couple years ago we were in Park City and went to Whole Foods for Fresh Salmon. It was Farm Raised. They assured me it was was Farm Raised IAW their strict standards. We went across the Parking Lot To Smith's (Krogers) and their Fresh Salmon was Wild Caught and flown in the night before.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The Costco frozen Salmon fillets are Wild caught. The "fresh salmon" at Costco is either Atantic Farm raised or wild caught but previously frozen. Always read everything in detail.

A couple years ago we were in Park City and went to Whole Foods for Fresh Salmon. It was Farm Raised. They assured me it was was Farm Raised IAW their strict standards. We went across the Parking Lot To Smith's (Krogers) and their Fresh Salmon was Wild Caught and flown in the night before.
I was referring to the frozen salmon fillets.

I've had people in restaurants try to tell me why their farm raised salmon is better than fresh caught. Ummmm, no.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our county raises and processes something above 90% of the farm raised rainbow trout in the world. It has to do with enormous amounts of constantly flowing 58 degree spring water. So if you can order Clear Springs trout from restaurant suppliers nearby, it's the real deal. You might have to order more than you ordinarily would, so share with family and friends. It's processed (cleaned, filleted, flash Frozen) within minutes from swimming. Some of the plants have had to let workers go due to restaurants being closed and demand is reduced.

Jim

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Interesting. I'm pretty much always able to get wild Salmon. In fact the frozen salmon filets we get at Costco are wild Alaskan salmon. And I always ask at a restaurant. If it's farmed, I don't order it.
I was referring to the frozen salmon fillets.

I've had people in restaurants try to tell me why their farm raised salmon is better than fresh caught. Ummmm, no.

That is Whole Foods in Park City tried to tell us. Being from the PNW we knew better.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If you have the money, the Sun'aq Tribe of Kodiak sells quality wild fish. I'm related but get no discount so I go to Costco, lol. I also think my smoked salmon is better than their's.

Bill