• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recission Question

missanjel

Reaction score
Like many of the users here I signed up for Hilton Grand Vacation package while on a trip to Vegas. I enjoyed the presentation and thought it was a good deal for me and my family. I did feel uneasy with the high pressure sales tactics but the deal was “sweetened” several times. Prior to this trip I quite literally was already planning to sign up for an Amex to start building points since I’m Hilton brand loyal. I was never explicitly told about the recission period and it was glossed over when I signed the documents. I started feeling buyers remorse and did some research the night before I departed home. Read reviews. Found this forum. My heart dropped. I felt bamboozled but was relieved to discover information about the recission period.

I signed up the evening of February 15th, learned about the recission period on the 17th late in the evening. I flew home on the 18th - a Friday. My flight was in late and the post office is closed on Saturday so I went straight to the UPS store on Saturday the 19th and had my rescission letter mailed priority air overnight express with signature required (to the tune of $56 - small price to pay to be free of this burden).

My concern is this - I received notification that it was received and signed for on the Tuesday the 22nd (the 20th was a Sunday and the 21st was Presidents’ Day).

My concern is calendar days is explicit stated in the 5 day recission period for Nevada, in addition the language is a bit confusing in that it says something about starting with the next day after signing. Either way I mailed it on the 4th day of I calculated correctly.

It’s now 30 days later and I have not received a refund. I’m worried I did not meet the recission period qualifications but I do have proof that it was mailed on the 19th. I don’t want to call them to ask if it was received based on advice I have received here. And this may sound silly but I’m wondering if by sending it priority air instead of certified USPS will make a difference. I searched all the forums here but did not see anything regarding the mail service used. Thanks in advance for any clarity you can provide! So glad I found you guys!

Attachments

• B149FC39-4B4B-4BE9-BAA6-1106815301F2.png
    B149FC39-4B4B-4BE9-BAA6-1106815301F2.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 25

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Relax, the recision period goes by the date you mailed it, not received date. Hilton will issue you refund in due time, I think they have 45 days.

Welcome to TUG!

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The important (critical) date is the date that it was mailed. You have proof of that.

missanjel

Reaction score
Relax, the recision period goes by the date you mailed it, not received date. Hilton will issue you refund in due time, I think they have 45 days.

Welcome to TUG!

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

Many thanks I will relax now lol

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I’m happy to say I’m a new member!
Wonderful, but you are still showing as a guest. Refer to below link.

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
Welcome, this is "THE SITE" to learn the HGVC system. I've learned so much in the 6 years I've been a member. I now own 3 resales, Tuscany and Parc Soleil in Orlando, and Elara in Vegas, all of them bought resale over the last 4 years. I read and learned as much as I could b-4 buying.