• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recision confirmation, Visa card, & “Vacation club” account?!?!

Megleah87xx

Reaction score
Hello All. Glad I found this group in time. My husband and I got pressured and basically duped during a “deceptive” presentation (turned into 6 hours....) on 3/13 in which we ended up purchasing a timeshare with a sales price of 19, 500 and 126,000 points. After doing more research and finding this amazing group, we decided to rescind our contract for the Club Wyndham Access and had it postmarked and mailed certified on 3/23 to the Vegas PO address listed on my contract. This was also the last day of our 10 day recission period, just made it! , we called Club Wyndham and they confirmed it was received and said our recission was “in process.” The lady said that we will be refunded and that we will receive email confirmation once the recission is complete. Thank goodness.

For those that have gone through this, how long has it taken to receive official confirmation from them from the time you sent your letter? I understand Wyndham doesn’t have to technically do this from what others are saying, but I am just curious for those who did receive something back. I did request written confirmation/receipt of successful recision in my letter as well.

We also opened up Club Wyndham Visas, in which the salesman immediately put the down payment on. I am hoping the refund comes back before I am required to make the payment on the card. Should I call the credit card to inform them of the recission or have you found that the refund usually comes back before the first payment is due?

In addition, my husband and I were told that we were only applying for the Visa card. About a week ago in the mail, we received a letter saying that another credit card account had been opened in our name called “Vacation Club.” We did not agree to this whatsoever nor did we see this anywhere on the Visa credit card application!! I called the number on the Vacation Club credit account and the kind rep told me that “when you open the Visa card, Wyndham requests for this vacation club account to be opened too.” Like what in the heck?! I immediately closed this account. Did this happen to anyone else?

I feel silly for falling for all of it but I am glad that I did my due diligence and got out before we were stuck..

I’ll provide updates.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All. Glad I found this group in time. My husband and I got pressured and basically duped during a “deceptive” presentation (turned into 6 hours....) on 3/13 in which we ended up purchasing a timeshare with a sales price of 19, 500 and 126,000 points. After doing more research and finding this amazing group, we decided to rescind our contract for the Club Wyndham Access and had it postmarked and mailed certified on 3/23 to the Vegas PO address listed on my contract. This was also the last day of our 10 day recission period, just made it! , we called Club Wyndham and they confirmed it was received and said our recission was “in process.” The lady said that we will be refunded and that we will receive email confirmation once the recission is complete. Thank goodness.

For those that have gone through this, how long has it taken to receive official confirmation from them from the time you sent your letter? I understand Wyndham doesn’t have to technically do this from what others are saying, but I am just curious for those who did receive something back. I did request written confirmation/receipt of successful recision in my letter as well.

We also opened up Club Wyndham Visas, in which the salesman immediately put the down payment on. I am hoping the refund comes back before I am required to make the payment on the card. Should I call the credit card to inform them of the recission or have you found that the refund usually comes back before the first payment is due?

In addition, my husband and I were told that we were only applying for the Visa card. About a week ago in the mail, we received a letter saying that another credit card account had been opened in our name called “Vacation Club.” We did not agree to this whatsoever nor did we see this anywhere on the Visa credit card application!! I called the number on the Vacation Club credit account and the kind rep told me that “when you open the Visa card, Wyndham requests for this vacation club account to be opened too.” Like what in the heck?! I immediately closed this account. Did this happen to anyone else?

I feel silly for falling for all of it but I am glad that I did my due diligence and got out before we were stuck..

I’ll provide updates.
Congrats on finding tug and rescinding! @Grammarhero

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I’ll provide updates.

Congrats on being smart then most owners. ;) Not everyone gets a written confirmation but I’ve heard of people getting emails confirming it. Monies are usually refunded within 20 business days. If you get a credit card statement, note the due date on it. Then about five days before, call the CC company to see if the refund was done. A lot of times, you can find out your current balance with the automated system. If there is still a balance, then you can tell them about the rescission. I suspect the money will have been returned long before the due date, but definitely check. Up to you if you want to keep the card open. It has benefits that can be used by non-timeshare owners.

The vacation club account is new. I last purchased in 2018, and wasn’t signed up for one of those. Of course, I purchased through telesales, so they may not be doing that.

Megleah87xx

Reaction score

I’ll provide updates.

Just an update! I received the full refund for the deposit on my credit card effective on April 3rd. So basically it happened 4 days after they physically received my recission letter. I didn’t receive any sort of email confirmation stating the cancellation took place, even though the rep on the phone had said that I would (I had called early last week to confirm they received my letter.) However, I did sign into the mywyndhamclub account that I had initially made online and it now says that my account is now “inactive” and that a profile “no longer exists.” So I’ll take that as good news and go about my life. If I end up getting any type of written confirmation, I will relay that as well.
The next time my husband and I go away, I told him that we are not sitting in on any presentations, even if they offer a very appealing gift or gift card! Ain’t happening! Once again, glad I found this site and thanks!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Just an update! I received the full refund for the deposit on my credit card effective on April 3rd. So basically it happened 4 days after they physically received my recission letter. I didn’t receive any sort of email confirmation stating the cancellation took place, even though the rep on the phone had said that I would (I had called early last week to confirm they received my letter.) However, I did sign into the mywyndhamclub account that I had initially made online and it now says that my account is now “inactive” and that a profile “no longer exists.” So I’ll take that as good news and go about my life. If I end up getting any type of written confirmation, I will relay that as well.
The next time my husband and I go away, I told him that we are not sitting in on any presentations, even if they offer a very appealing gift or gift card! Ain’t happening! Once again, glad I found this site and thanks!
Congrats!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing are not an owner anymore, especially since you bought direct from the developer. Either way you couldn't use the points for a reservation in the near future anyway. The mandatory closure will probably go into June at places people gather and mingle, such as a resort.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Deleted. Way off topic!

Last edited:

Megleah87xx

Reaction score
Update: I did in fact just receive a "recession confirmation email" from Wyndham earlier today. At the same time sitting in my mailbox outside, was a "congrats on becoming a member of Club Wyndham" letter and membership cards delivered by the USPS.... I guess it would be safe to just disregard those , *rolls eyes.* In the future, we will definitely be exploring the resale market instead. This is such a weight off my shoulders.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Yeah if you decide Wyndham is for you resale is the way to go. That's how I purchased. We went to a presentation and my wife was just about sold. I kept saying no. Did research later that night and my hotel room and this site helped guide me. Great people here!