• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reciprocal ARP Grand Desert

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the new changes, I have learned that my Grand Desert account has reciprocal ARP. Do the resorts for that vary contract by contract or are there certain resorts where it applies? Sorry if I am being repetitive, but I searched and got a lot of threads that didn’t apply.

troy12n

Reaction score
It will say on your contract on the webpage ownership summary.

Usually you only get RARP at another resort in the area. I have RARP at Old Town Alexandria and own at National Harbor.

I'm guessing you have RARP at Desert Blue. It will say on the website. Not everyone gets this, it's contract specific.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where on the website. I am pretty resourceful and feel dumb
1632363482545.png

Attachments

• 1632363467664.png
    1632363467664.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 19

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Here is another one https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/resale-contract-with-rarp-but-where.305838/ also about Grand Desert with no resort mentioned. I guess you could randomly check resorts to see if you could find one that you can book at 13 months. Someone on the other post did have the RARP listed and it was for Kingsgate in Williamsburg.

It seems like a lot of the places they give RARP are places where it isn't needed, like Branson, Orlando, and Williamsburg.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the new changes, I have learned that my Grand Desert account has reciprocal ARP. Do the resorts for that vary contract by contract or are there certain resorts where it applies? Sorry if I am being repetitive, but I searched and got a lot of threads that didn’t apply.

I recently acquired a Grand Desert contract and it displays as you posted, without the name of the reciprocal resort but showing Reciprocal ARP. Mine also is a resale contract. I can start the reservation process for a Desert Blue reservation in the RARP period but when I click the book button I get the "Opps something unexpected happened" message.

I did call owner services on this and was told that resale contracts were not elegible for RARP capability . This was news to me but I thought it was a change that I could have missed and since I don't really care about the RARP ability I accepted the explaination.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have a small CWA contract I purchased a couple of years ago to lock in VIPG status prior to the changes. That contract included RARP to Old Town Alexandria. It shows up like this on the Benefits Summary page, with the amount on the right:

CWP RARP
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
Developer

It strikes me that they probably can't just take away the RARP if there is a resale transaction of the ownership because it was granted by contract. They can, however, screw up and not code it right in the system during the transfer. You might try looking in the Benefits Summary page to see if there's anything listed as CWP RARP Resale, which is probably in there somehow whether it displays or not because it shows up on the My Ownership page.

One other thought is that the member's directory has a definition of RARP separate from VIP RARP on page 299. I've copied it below. The way it's worded implies that if there isn't a designated other resort for which you have RARP, maybe you can use it at any of the asterisked ones. It's worth a shot. I would try at 11-10 months rather than 13 months, BTW; that's when all the RARP windows seem to be aligned. They call it something else for the group ones that are different (e.g., "Priority access to Hawaii villas" for the Outrigger Resort Club at 12-10 months).

Reciprocal Advance Reservation Priority (RARP) – a benefit for owners with an assigned RARP certificate allowing them the ability to request a reservation outside their “home” resort at another eligible CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus resort up to 1 month before it becomes available during the Standard Reservation window. Eligible Reciprocal resorts include non-CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve Suites at resort locations. Eligible resorts are indicated with an asterisk in the Resort Index on pages 302-306.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Today, looking at the VIP benefits on page 242 of the current (2018-2019) directory it seems clear that RARP is a Gold VIP and above benefit. With the latest set of changes separating developer and resale points it seems that resale points, even if showing as RARP , would not have that benefit.
RARP as a VIP benefit (gold and above)- limited to specific number of times using vip eligible points you can use at any resort is different than RARP as a contractual benefit-that gives you RARP at a specific resort (unlimited up to the number of current use year points from that contract). The RARP that is contractual is not based on that contract not retail vs resale points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Today, looking at the VIP benefits on page 242 of the current (2018-2019) directory it seems clear that RARP is a Gold VIP and above benefit. With the latest set of changes separating developer and resale points it seems that resale points, even if showing as RARP , would not have that benefit.

That directory includes both RARP and VIP RARP in the Glossary on page 299. They're separate things. The only non-VIP RARP I have is on a developer contract and it does show up differently in the Benefits Summary - my non-VIP RARP includes a limitation to the number of points on the contract that has that RARP associated with it for each use year while my VIPG RARP shows up as 3 uses of RARP listed in the current calendar year only (presumably they will show up in the next calendar year when we get there). Bottom line is that they're implemented in completely different ways in the system with the non-VIP RARP allowing as many uses as you can get for the points while VIP RARP is based on the tier.

As far as VIP RARP goes, the latest iteration of the VIP benefits includes VIP RARP for Bronze and Silver owners as well.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The confusing thing about RARP is that there are a couple of meanings to it that are essentially unrelated. VIP RARP is an ability to make a reservation at 11 months out at almost any resort (with a few limitations). Deeded/contractual RARP is when a deed is sold with a reciprocal ARP benefit to another resort, often when selling a new resort that's not actually open yet - hypothetically, a new owner could be sold the new Atlanta resort with a RARP somewhere else because Atlanta's not open yet. These are the ones that people see in their account and are not related to VIP status.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The confusing thing about RARP is that there are a couple of meanings to it that are essentially unrelated. VIP RARP is an ability to make a reservation at 11 months out at almost any resort (with a few limitations). Deeded/contractual RARP is when a deed is sold with a reciprocal ARP benefit to another resort, often when selling a new resort that's not actually open yet - hypothetically, a new owner could be sold the new Atlanta resort with a RARP somewhere else because Atlanta's not open yet. These are the ones that people see in their account and are not related to VIP status.

It's not just new resorts - my contractual RARP is on a CWA contract that I purchased when staying at Old Town Alexandria. I don't track what resorts are in CWA or in what amount they are (that's what @HitchHiker71 is for...), but it would make sense that a CWA sale at a resort that isn't in CWA or isn't represented to an appreciable extent would possibly be sole with RARP for that resort to sweeten the pot. I don't actually recall having asked for it, though.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
That directory includes both RARP and VIP RARP in the Glossary on page 299. They're separate things. ....................

As far as VIP RARP goes, the latest iteration of the VIP benefits includes VIP RARP for Bronze and Silver owners as well.

You are absolutely right and my post #10 makes no sense. It does the one thing I dislike the most which is post misinformation. Thanks for the corrections.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are absolutely right and my post #10 makes no sense. It does the one thing I dislike the most which is post misinformation. Thanks for the corrections.

Can you edit it? I try to do that when it happens to me. Or you might ask @HitchHiker71, the new moderator, to do it.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Can you edit it? I try to do that when it happens to me. Or you might ask @HitchHiker71, the new moderator, to do it.

I just deleted the post since it's no longer useful since the author edited and removed the content. Thanks for the heads up.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It's not just new resorts - my contractual RARP is on a CWA contract that I purchased when staying at Old Town Alexandria. I don't track what resorts are in CWA or in what amount they are (that's what @HitchHiker71 is for...), but it would make sense that a CWA sale at a resort that isn't in CWA or isn't represented to an appreciable extent would possibly be sole with RARP for that resort to sweeten the pot. I don't actually recall having asked for it, though.

So just to confirm - if/when you have a contractual RARP - it does display something in the Benefits Summary area to indicate the entitlement? I don't have any contractual RARPs on my account so I can't tell either way. If someone could share a screenshot hiding the account specific information it would be useful on this thread so that others who search will see where to look since the Contract itself in the Ownership section doesn't provide this information. Perhaps the 1st screenshot showing the Contract itself from the Ownership section - and a second screenshot showing the corresponding Benefits Summary RARP item would be best.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So just to confirm - if/when you have a contractual RARP - it does display something in the Benefits Summary area to indicate the entitlement? I don't have any contractual RARPs on my account so I can't tell either way. If someone could share a screenshot hiding the account specific information it would be useful on this thread so that others who search will see where to look since the Contract itself in the Ownership section doesn't provide this information. Perhaps the 1st screenshot showing the Contract itself from the Ownership section - and a second screenshot showing the corresponding Benefits Summary RARP item would be best.

That's correct. pdf showing what it looks like is attached.

Attachments

• RARP Screenshots.pdf
    603.9 KB · Views: 46

MikeandLisaR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Canterbury 210,000 odd, 308,000 even, access 28,000
We have two CWS contracts with RARP. One is developer, 210000 odd Canterbury, that was our first contract. We bought it in the fall of 2008 before Canterbury opened. It doesn't show what resort the RARP applies to. The other is also Canterbury, resale, and it shows RARP Harbor Lights. It also shows RARP on a small CWA contract we have.

Any body know what Outrigger Resort Club is and what the difference is?

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have twelve contracts total. Four are converted fixed weeks and are not relevant to this conversation. I have no CWA contracts so that leaves eight CWS UDI contracts.

Two of the remaining eight contracts are developer -- Bonnet Creek (reciprocal ARP at Royal Vista) and Cypress Palms (no mention of ARP in Contract Details or otherwise).

Six resale contracts:

Three are at Ocean Walk. All three have Reciprocal ARP in Contract Details. One also has Reciprocal ARP at Flagstaff (but too few points to be useful).

Two contracts at Royal Vista have no mention of ARP whatsoever.

One contract at Bonnet Creek has RARP in Contract Details and a reciprocal resort (Palm-Aire).

I have never paid much attention to RARP. If I have ever used RARP, it was unknowingly and unwittingly. The Bonnet Creek contract with RARP is a 1,449,000 point Presidential Reserve contract and its use for Presidential unit reservations was always a higher priority than RARP at Royal Vista, especially since I own at Royal Vista.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone ever figured out anything more about this unidentified RARP? My latest contract (Grand Desert) has it as well.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just picked up a Grand Desert ownership that also has an unidentified RARP. Is there a group one for Las Vegas resorts similar to the Myrtle Beach resorts? I suppose I could test it by trying for some reservations beyond SRP.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just picked up a Grand Desert ownership that also has an unidentified RARP. Is there a group one for Las Vegas resorts similar to the Myrtle Beach resorts? I suppose I could test it by trying for some reservations beyond SRP.
I don't think that's it, because my Myrtle Beach ARP simply shows up as my primary ARP and not RARP at all - and I have two OB contracts with different HOAs, and one lists the mystery RARP and the other doesn't. In an earlier thread there was a theory that maybe it was at resorts that had multiple HOAs, which would work for Grand Desert, but doesn't explain why only one of my OB contracts has it.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
After they did the update to the current system, the RARP was initially showing up under My Ownership when you looked at the details for each contract. I don't see it there anymore.

You can still see RARP under the Benefits Summary, Available Benefits. Look for the CWP RARP heading and it will show where the RARP is at. It won't tell you which contract it corresponds to, but you can figure it out because it will show the number of points and either "developer" or "resale". (You will probably need to click on "see more" as well.)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After they did the update to the current system, the RARP was initially showing up under My Ownership when you looked at the details for each contract. I don't see it there anymore.

You can still see RARP under the Benefits Summary, Available Benefits. Look for the CWP RARP heading and it will show where the RARP is at. It won't tell you which contract it corresponds to, but you can figure it out because it will show the number of points and either "developer" or "resale". (You will probably need to click on "see more" as well.)
My problem is that mine is still listed under My Ownership on two of my four contracts, with no indication of the reciprocal resort. It doesn't appear at all on the Benefits summary. These are both resale contracts that I didn't buy with RARP in mind, it just shows up under the contract details for each of them on the My Ownership page.