• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recession? What recession?

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Due to favorable business conditions, Aruba Surf Club and Ocean Club will have a price increase Thursday November 3, 2011. The price increase will be for all remaining inventory seasons and view price. This trend is likely to continue as we are in the final months of selling out of all inventory in the Surf Club. This will bring a close to the amazing sales success story of the Aruba Surf Club. Congratulations to all"

"The price increase will also include MVC Destination points."

I got this in yesterdays email from a contact in Aruba in memo form. My first thought is this is indeed good news. The value of my timeshares has just gone up. There are buyers out there that will pay big bucks to own in Aruba. Well, I know the resale market has tanked but great news that developer weeks are almost sold out. If I am also reading this right the economy is so good now that even destination points are getting an increase. With all this good news now may be an appropriate time for me to sell off then I can have nothing but the fond "memories" of my vacations on the happy island of Aruba.

bob

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
After grading thousands of essays during over 30 years of teaching school, this communication from Marriott does not appear to be written in the same fluency of style as their others. Are you certain this is indeed a communication directly from Marriott, and not some other source? The language usage alone makes me suspicious - as does the idea of raising the cost of points, which is done unilaterally, I believe, not just at certain locations, even if they are not in the US. Sounds like this would be a "just for you, we are lowering the price!
come-on.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Maui Ocean Club and received a post card from my sales guys saying hurry and buy prices are going up November 3rd. Those weren't the exact words but that was the point they were trying to get across

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Got the same email yesterday. With all the gread deals on eBay I find it hard to consider overpaying for points.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Price increase on Nov. 4th, then on Nov. 5th they can announce their big sale. :p

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
After grading thousands of essays during over 30 years of teaching school, this communication from Marriott does not appear to be written in the same fluency of style as their others. Are you certain this is indeed a communication directly from Marriott, and not some other source? The language usage alone makes me suspicious - as does the idea of raising the cost of points, which is done unilaterally, I believe, not just at certain locations, even if they are not in the US. Sounds like this would be a "just for you, we are lowering the price!
come-on.

I am sure the communication is legit. I did not post the memo because of confidentiality issues.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Developer pricing going up, resale pricing going down. Marriott is making timeshare shopping easier all the time. 30,000 from Marriott or 2,000 on EBay...hmmmm.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is the 4th. Did the prices increase?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure the communication is legit. I did not post the memo because of confidentiality issues.
Please go buy a thick black marker, cross out your address, name, marriott # then post