• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Wyndham information we just heard, is this true?

sb_sparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard information about Wyndham lately? My husband said he just heard a report that their is stock failing and that they will have to file for bankruptcy soon. We own with them and do not know if there is anything we should do? We can never find availability at Wyndham properties but always use our Wyndham points to stay with RCI which I do like and find vacations.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
No one knows for sure. There's a thread here on the stock and associated financials:

It's really anyone's guess as to what the future holds for timesharing with respect to coronavirus.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard information about Wyndham lately? My husband said he just heard a report that their is stock failing and that they will have to file for bankruptcy soon. We own with them and do not know if there is anything we should do? We can never find availability at Wyndham properties but always use our Wyndham points to stay with RCI which I do like and find vacations.
There is nothing you need to do, and little to worry about. If Wydham goes bankrupt, it will probably just be a reorganization, not a dissolution. If it is dissolved, someone else will take over the management contracts for the resorts.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is nothing you need to do, and little to worry about. If Wydham goes bankrupt, it will probably just be a reorganization, not a dissolution. If it is dissolved, someone else will take over the management contracts for the resorts.
Hopefully not Diamond.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
We can never find availability at Wyndham properties but always use our Wyndham points to stay with RCI which I do like and find vacations.

Which Wyndham properties are you searching, and how far in advance? Personally I've never had issues finding what I want, where I want, if I book early enough. RCI does open up more options, but you have to pay an exchange fee...

sb_sparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like @bnoble said nothing to worry about. Diamond taking over may be a good thing if they have the cash on hand or pennies on the dollar.

We also own with Diamond and cannot find places to stay with them either. We are in CA and have to travel when school is out. We need to be able to drive and there is very little offered. We have noticed over the years the amount of points needed to book a stay has gone up exponentially. We own in Hawaii 2BR Oceanfront with 15,500, there are many places now that take more than 1 years worth of points to stay. I used to make 3 vacations out of our points. It seems like our points are undervalued now

sb_sparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which Wyndham properties are you searching, and how far in advance? Personally I've never had issues finding what I want, where I want, if I book early enough. RCI does open up more options, but you have to pay an exchange fee...

We are in CA and look for places to drive. We only have points every odd year and it seems like the points stretch more if I book with RCI honestly. We have tried many times in OR and WA and there isn't really anything there. Mostly I look in CA

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also own with Diamond and cannot find places to stay with them either. We are in CA and have to travel when school is out. We need to be able to drive and there is very little offered. We have noticed over the years the amount of points needed to book a stay has gone up exponentially. We own in Hawaii 2BR Oceanfront with 15,500, there are many places now that take more than 1 years worth of points to stay. I used to make 3 vacations out of our points. It seems like our points are undervalued now
Number of points needed increase for the same type of unit and timeframe? That can't be Wyndham because points are fixed and don't increase year to year. Is Diamond doing that to you.?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Their 52 week low was $13.40 a share. It ended today at $35.34. It’s going up. Not down. The travel industry as a whole got hit hard. I don’t suspect Wyndham is in any trouble. I’m not sure what report he read, but I have not seen anything saying their stock is falling and they are heading to bankruptcy.