• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

realtytrade.com any one heard of this company??

winbett

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used these resellers???

They have a 100 % money back guarantee if they do not sell your timeshare for the listed price agreed by you within 6 months. I have three units to sell but don't want to pay 1000 upfront if they in fact are a fraud and do nothing as the other up front people do.

web site www.realtytrade.com

go to sample agreement

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The standard (and consistent) advice here at TUG is to avoid paying an upfront fee in hopes of selling or renting your timeshare. If you ignore that advice, remember that you were warned.

Please, please read this TUG "how to sell" article.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Hi,

Has anyone used these resellers???

They have a 100 % money back guarantee if they do not sell your timeshare for the listed price agreed by you within 6 months. I have three units to sell but don't want to pay 1000 upfront if they in fact are a fraud and do nothing as the other up front people do.

web site www.realtytrade.com

go to sample agreement

If they are that confident they can sell your TS why not offer them once they sell it they can take their $1000 out of the profit (based on a minimum price of course).

winbett

Reaction score
tried that

Hi,

I tried that no deal which makes me more suspicious, my feeling is if they are sucessfull as they claim then there should be someone who is satisfied, they are sending me some referals but you don't know how real they may be. I don't mind paying for service rendered but don't want to be coned either.

Winston

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please

Read post #3 by DaveM in this thread.

brolop

Reaction score
hey winston-

I have tried a few different resale companies over the past 3 years, all with different guarantees and i got the same result everytime...NOTHING BUT MY MONEY GONE. I just listed with Realtytrade based upon their money-back-guarantee about 3 months ago because we desperately need the extra money around the house. I tried craigslist and a realtor with no luck either.

My advice is to READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY. I paid $895 and so far when I call and speak to someone over there, they tell me how many people have looked at my property and how many "offers" i have had. To their credit, I am notified that their is an offer on my property by email and I have recieved 4 offers. To my dismay, I havent sold the property yet, but I have talked to 3 out of the 4 people.

I recently called and spoke to Mike who assures me that I will continue to recieve more offers. Again, I have not sold it, but I can definitely say that I am makign more progress than I have in the past years with different companies and it seems legitamite.

Have you tried anything else that seems to work???

sisgrace

Reaction score
RealtyTrade

Be careful with RealtyTrade and be sure to document as much as you can, in case you have to submit a claim in small claims court for your refund. When they solicited me, the salesman told me over the phone that my price would be guaranteed and my money back if they couldn't produce a sale at my price. Needless to say, any offers I received were from bottom feeders. At the end of 5 months, I sent a certified letter that I wanted a refund and lo and behold, I got a call from a "marketing director". During our conversation I discovered that my listing was all wrong and I was furious. So, he offered a 6-month extension at no additional cost. I sent a letter to document that conversation so I have a legal paper trail at the end of the next 6 months when I again insist on a refund. Good Luck - document, document, document.

Melissa D.

Reaction score
I REGRET saying that I have used them, and I am now in the process of seeing whether I can get my "100%" refundable fee back....through SMALL CLAIMS COURT. Beware of this company. Stay FAR away from them. Look them up on Florida BBS and you will see that they have an F. There is a good reason for that. They are a SCAM outfit. They get out of the refund by saying that you got an offer (although you did not. The most I ever got, during the YEAR they had my listing, was one lousy email address of someone who MIGHT be interested. No initial offer, just an email address. when I composed a very professional and respectful correspondence, I never heard from the guy. I think this is Realtytrade's M.O. They provide you with an EMAIL address of some random person, and then they say they have fulfilled your duty, even though they have not.
I am disgusted with their immoral business practices, and I can tell you with all certainty, THEY ARE A SCAM.
I really hope you haven't already signed up with them, because there is NO WAY to win. You will not get your fee back, and I highly doubt you will get your property sold. I don't even think they advertise your property.

brolop

Reaction score
No Refund For Me

This company said they sent me an OFFER to my email. I never recieved it. When i called them they tell me to go to my contract. here is what the contract stated:

All offers will be delivered electronically to the email address that has been provided in Owner information listed above. All offers will be sent by network.database@realtytrade.com. It is Owner’s responsibility to monitor all email correspondence and ensure email address is accurate, as offers will not be delivered any other way other than electronically via email.

I looked thru all my emails and never saw anything, but they said they sent it, and i got it, so no refund.

hey winston-

I have tried a few different resale companies over the past 3 years, all with different guarantees and i got the same result everytime...NOTHING BUT MY MONEY GONE. I just listed with Realtytrade based upon their money-back-guarantee about 3 months ago because we desperately need the extra money around the house. I tried craigslist and a realtor with no luck either.

My advice is to READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY. I paid $895 and so far when I call and speak to someone over there, they tell me how many people have looked at my property and how many "offers" i have had. To their credit, I am notified that their is an offer on my property by email and I have recieved 4 offers. To my dismay, I havent sold the property yet, but I have talked to 3 out of the 4 people.

I recently called and spoke to Mike who assures me that I will continue to recieve more offers. Again, I have not sold it, but I can definitely say that I am makign more progress than I have in the past years with different companies and it seems legitamite.

Have you tried anything else that seems to work???