• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Realistic to get a hawaii MVC/Vistana Resort Sept-Oct through II?

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Hello All,

I am a recent owner of MVC 2Bedroom give to me by my mom pre 2010 or whatever. I took the first step and enrolled it into DC. Last year around November I put it in II so that I can do an exchange. Around Feb 2022 I called II and put in a request for a three week period that we would take. FIrst I tried to get KoOlina MVC no luck for 2 months. About a month ago we decided to just do all MVC/Vistana Hawaii resorts and still no luck. Is it unrealistic to get a exchange at this point?

Also I would prefer the Sept/Oct dates but should I put in a request for Feb-March 2023 to get a spot in Hawaii?

I know I am probably missing some information so please let me know if I need extra details.

Also if I am doing it incorrectly please share some strategies.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely encourage you to become a TUG Member ($15/year) so that you can see the Sightings forum. That will give you a very good sense of what is possible and what your deposit can/cannot see.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Jan/Feb is popular for Whale Season and folks trying to get away from the cold and/or snow.
There’s less demand in Sept/Oct compared to Jan/Feb.

Here’s Interval International Travel Demand Index for Hawaii

2022_TDI_13.jpg

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome, @frytard
I just saw your other thread, that you own Marriott's Grand Chateau. You will have no problem exchanging into Hawaii. You just need to give it a longer lead time. Your Ongoing Search Request has not been set up very long.

This year there is very heavy demand from those who were unable / unwilling to travel in 2020 & 2021. In other years, you may have had a match already, especially at Ko Olina. Three months is not a long time to wait for Hawaii. If you set up your dates for Sept/Oct 2022 now, you are very likely to get a match. (You can have multiple date ranges set up in the request.)

In addition, it would be a good idea, to log on each morning (whenever you can), and search manually. You need to become accustomed to what weeks are often out there, and what weeks are truly rare. Sometimes, a week will appear online, when it should have matched. If you happen to be logged on, you can confirm it manually.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There had been plenty of Vistana/Marriott Hawaii deposits into II. TUG members have access to Sightings board where members report what they see in II. I think you said you paid for membership. You need to update your account so that it shows as a member. Follow the steps in the email that would have been sent to you.

Try this: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/t...-member-code-in-your-bbs-profile.53/#post-109